MEGATHREAD Signing Tips, Tricks and Quips (along with howls of despair)

They over pushed my yoobi and broke the front plexiglass bin. In one goddamm weekend. It won't last a month at this rate.

Forget the over push warping the shelves...

Which means my stores will be collapsed and broken. Cause I have this weekend off.. So no one will catch this..

Sticking something inside the fold on top of the shipper didnt help. I put three spare white brackets (the large kind that you use in market etc. that attach to the top and bottom of shelves) underneath it as close as they would go with some heavy duty mounting tape and it seems fine.

Sticking something inside the fold on top of the shipper didnt help. I put three spare white brackets (the large kind that you use in market etc. that attach to the top and bottom of shelves) underneath it as close as they would go with some heavy duty mounting tape and it seems fine.

I slipped Plastic dividers in on each side, with wire hangers (to hang overheads, cut and inserted) holding them together tightly, we will see how long that helps

I put up our FOS overheads for BTS today even though they're not supposed to go up until 7.17-ish, and seriously, set aside a good 3-3.5hr to do this. I didn't think it would take that long to do, but it really did. Didn't help that I mixed up some of the color wires and had to go replace about 12 of them with the right colors for the right measurements =P

The instruction page says to use the trident/pole to get them up there, but I think the Wave is the only way it could be done TBH. Might as well just bring your whole kit of wires with you, because you'll be making several different combos of lengths to make 48" for like thirty times. Also expect your nerves to fray after about a dozen people loudly observe they think you're hanging it too low during the part before you connect it all together =P

I put up our FOS overheads for BTS today even though they're not supposed to go up until 7.17-ish, and seriously, set aside a good 3-3.5hr to do this. I didn't think it would take that long to do, but it really did. Didn't help that I mixed up some of the color wires and had to go replace about 12 of them with the right colors for the right measurements =P

The instruction page says to use the trident/pole to get them up there, but I think the Wave is the only way it could be done TBH. Might as well just bring your whole kit of wires with you, because you'll be making several different combos of lengths to make 48" for like thirty times. Also expect your nerves to fray after about a dozen people loudly observe they think you're hanging it too low during the part before you connect it all together =P

I was confused by this, I am putting up our FOS BTC overhead tomorrow, but under the Set notes it also shows the FOS BTS Overhead.... Doing both seems a big overkill, do some stores get BTS (The Pencils), and others BTC? Or do both need to go up.

I was confused by this, I am putting up our FOS BTC overhead tomorrow, but under the Set notes it also shows the FOS BTS Overhead.... Doing both seems a big overkill, do some stores get BTS (The Pencils), and others BTC? Or do both need to go up.
We got one or the other. From reading last year it sounded like dual entrance stores got btc&bts but most got only one.

There are some BTC overheads that are not FOS (front of store), so hang onto those for when the BTC section of mini switches over if it hasn't already. The overheads for mini go up in ours, but they're for mini just not FOS =)

image.jpeg I'm reading all this and sooooooooo happy we are an early set and DONE!!! :D So question anyone have tips on how to get these little MF's out? Fragrance screw on a pulley chain.
Oh anyone set cat and jack early? Any tips?
And a little side bar: my first year on pog, I learned little problems with shippers displays and signs were solved quite nicely and almost always with duct tape and zipties! :cool::D

View attachment 2349 I'm reading all this and sooooooooo happy we are an early set and DONE!!! :D So question anyone have tips on how to get these little MF's out? Fragrance screw on a pulley chain.
Oh anyone set cat and jack early? Any tips?
And a little side bar: my first year on pog, I learned little problems with shippers displays and signs were solved quite nicely and almost always with duct tape and zipties! :cool::D

I used a pair of Thin Pliers, it worked like a charm

I slipped Plastic dividers in on each side, with wire hangers (to hang overheads, cut and inserted) holding them together tightly, we will see how long that helps

For my Yoobi focal I just switched the product with what was on the shelf below, which has more support. Folders on top shelf, notebooks on second shelf.

So I'm usually part of the unload/softlines team when I'm not cashiering; tomorrow I'm clocking in for signing at 4am and, it being my first time doing it, I'm not sure what to expect. I've read the last few pages of this thread, but being a signing newbie, I'm still not sure of what to expect.

Anyone have some advice for a first day? I'm scheduled for four hours, but if signing is anything like truck day, I'm prepared to stay longer.

So I'm usually part of the unload/softlines team when I'm not cashiering; tomorrow I'm clocking in for signing at 4am and, it being my first time doing it, I'm not sure what to expect. I've read the last few pages of this thread, but being a signing newbie, I'm still not sure of what to expect.

Anyone have some advice for a first day? I'm scheduled for four hours, but if signing is anything like truck day, I'm prepared to stay longer.

You will likely be putting up ad signing which is relatively easy. Not quite as involved as what is discussed in this thread. Shouldn't be too hard if you are able to read/understand location schematics and DPCIs.

It would be very unlikely for you to be put into any other kind of signing with no training. That being said, I wouldn't put it past Spot to do so.

Add set or pushing for the cat&jack launch. You should be fine.

I'm scheduled for four hours, but if signing is anything like truck day, I'm prepared to stay longer.
Be prepared to have 90 hours worth of work to complete in 4 hours, but have to pick and choose which to accomplish in 4, but spending about 3 of those just in walking and getting pulled aside by other people adding tasks to the list =)

Finally have all the signing for BTS/BTC complete. Did anyone else have trouble with the BTS fos overheads, the three pencils? They absolutely killed me for some reason.
Yes!!!! Almost as bad as hanging the plaid last fall. And when I finished hanging the pencils, it occurred to me I hung them backwards- with the pencil tips closer to the entrance. Oops! They are staying that way; I am NOT rehanging those!

I still have to hang overheads & CSE for mini seasonal. The one downside to helping Plano set is that I end up cramming all my signing into 2 days a week so there is always carry over into the following week.

Back