MEGATHREAD Signing Tips, Tricks and Quips (along with howls of despair)

Yes!!!! Almost as bad as hanging the plaid last fall. And when I finished hanging the pencils, it occurred to me I hung them backwards- with the pencil tips closer to the entrance. Oops! They are staying that way; I am NOT rehanging those!

I still have to hang overheads & CSE for mini seasonal. The one downside to helping Plano set is that I end up cramming all my signing into 2 days a week so there is always carry over into the following week.
I accidentally hung one of the pencil tips backwards so it doesn't match the pattern. Oops. No one has noticed though.

I'm having sour feelings towards my poggies these days. So I'm pretty much my own agent and my TL is allowing it.

You wouldn't believe how much easier this makes it to get your own work done. Am I still running around like a chicken with my head cut off? Absolutely. But I am a week ahead of schedule like my execs are (They're coordinating BTC).

In one set of overhead pencils; they sent me two of one panel and not the correct one. The patterns did not match and i had to punch holes to attach them.

I accidentally hung one of the pencil tips backwards so it doesn't match the pattern. Oops. No one has noticed though.

I'm having sour feelings towards my poggies these days. So I'm pretty much my own agent and my TL is allowing it.

You wouldn't believe how much easier this makes it to get your own work done. Am I still running around like a chicken with my head cut off? Absolutely. But I am a week ahead of schedule like my execs are (They're coordinating BTC).
Nice! I was paranoid I would switch up the pencil tips but I caught that one as I was assembling.

My TL knows I am her fastest setter so she has me help out a lot, which I don't mind most of the time. And some POGs I won't let anyone else set, like Maybelline or infant furniture/strollers/playards/gear, because it would take them 3 full days to my 8-10 hours. I also take care of the style brand for hardlines at my store since we don't have a VML so that takes up some time too. This is in addition to answering everyone's questions since I seem to be the only one who knows anything about everything at my store!

On my heavier signing weeks, I do let my TL know she has to leave me alone which usually works.

Character and originality! I was tempted to turn the middle one!

I guess my store isnt getting those big pencils, only have the btc directional signs around the store.
Are u a big BTC store? MySupport it if not. I didn't get a bunch of stuff in..... We shall see. I wish they would fix packing slip again. We all need to nasty MySupport about it. At least then we would know if it was coming when it was shipped, IF we should MySupport....

Anyone have the part holder for the 3ft endcap headers in shoes? I've been throwing them out, but I'd love to actually order the holders.

Anyone have the part holder for the 3ft endcap headers in shoes? I've been throwing them out, but I'd love to actually order the holders.
Are you looking for the clear plastic ones that hang over the top or the grayish ones used on the stepdowns? Either way, I can get you the numbers tomorrow.

Are you looking for the clear plastic ones that hang over the top or the grayish ones used on the stepdowns? Either way, I can get you the numbers tomorrow.
Idk what signingminion needs, but the clear plastic one.... When I tried to order it... yeah. Didn't exist. So if you have a VALID one? Yippie!

Anyone having trouble getting those telescoping softlines hangers in? And have a SOLUTION? And if you tell me to MySupport I'll block you. Fucking morons. Of course I need more.... Why do you think I asked.

Idk what signingminion needs, but the clear plastic one.... When I tried to order it... yeah. Didn't exist. So if you have a VALID one? Yippie!
I'll see what a can do! I swear I ordered a couple within the last year but I have one missing again.

Anyone having trouble getting those telescoping softlines hangers in? And have a SOLUTION? And if you tell me to MySupport I'll block you. Fucking morons. Of course I need more.... Why do you think I asked.
Like the add-on arms for quads to double hang items?

If you've ordered them and haven't seen them come in, my instinct is to say search for the PO in SAP and then mySupport with the PO, order date, expected delivery date, and demand to know where your stuff is, but I don't want to be blocked so I won't tell you that!! Lol

Have you tried calling nearby stores to see if they have any extras they can give up?

Like the add-on arms for quads to double hang items?

If you've ordered them and haven't seen them come in, my instinct is to say search for the PO in SAP and then mySupport with the PO, order date, expected delivery date, and demand to know where your stuff is, but I don't want to be blocked so I won't tell you that!! Lol

Have you tried calling nearby stores to see if they have any extras they can give up?
It's a straight arm with a push button to extend it. Has a little bump at the front top to keep merch from falling off. & yes to all othe suggested. I don't know how to search, but keep all my order papers.

It's a straight arm with a push button to extend it. Has a little bump at the front top to keep merch from falling off. & yes to all othe suggested. I don't know how to search, but keep all my order papers.
I can walk you thru searching in SAP. It helps that you have copies of your orders; I do the same for these kinds of situations. The upper right corner of your order should have a shopping cart number, you'll need that to search. In SAP, I think you click on the Home tab. There should be a column to the left with an option that says something like "Track PO Number." Click on that and a grid will appear to enter info in. From here, type in the shopping cart number, order date, and the Profit Center (this is just your store number). This will pull up your order and have a PO number listed. This is what you need to MySupport your order. If you use the shopping cart number they will only tell you they need a PO number (but not, of course, how to find it!).

I give them the PO, order date, expected delivery date, and the number of the part I need. Then I demand to know if it got shipped, if not, when I can expect it, and if needed, how it will be shipped (on signing pallet or direct to store).

If you were closer I'd bring you a grey bin full...seriously the breed when I'm not looking. I've got six bins full right now. Their cut off is four.

Not sure what I need for the endcaps. Not the step downs, just the regular ones with a 3ft header image? I have two different step down holders, but neither would hold these above the display shelf.

If you were closer I'd bring you a grey bin full...seriously the breed when I'm not looking. I've got six bins full right now. Their cut off is four.

Not sure what I need for the endcaps. Not the step downs, just the regular ones with a 3ft header image? I have two different step down holders, but neither would hold these above the display shelf.
The holders I have for those endcaps hang below the display shelf, essentially covering the sign completely. So I put the sign in anyway figuring at least it's up. I wonder if you could use the 36x10 sign holders from Entertainment if you want the signs to hang above? Might be worth trying.

The number on the clear plastic shoes end cap sign holder is 4-27-5400. I haven't tried it in SAP yet. Let me know if this number doesn't work, I may be able to find a different number in my ring binder.

The holders I have for those endcaps hang below the display shelf, essentially covering the sign completely. So I put the sign in anyway figuring at least it's up. I wonder if you could use the 36x10 sign holders from Entertainment if you want the signs to hang above? Might be worth trying.
I bet that's one i have. I thought of the entertainment ones, but none are tall enough.

Anyone else read that Canoe Clips will be Obsolete?

A new type of "Permanent Clip" will be rolling out for the Halloween Set.

This could get interesting.

Given Spot's reputation with "new technology" of late (see: MyDevices, box guards, etc.), I completely expect it to be a disaster. May the odds be ever in your favor, plano/signing ninjas.

Back