MEGATHREAD Signing Tips, Tricks and Quips (along with howls of despair)

Threw away all the old yellow stock.

Hey guys we're changing the clearance labels from red to yellow.... for reasons! It'll be great.

2 months later: Uh, we didn't realize we already use yellow labels and it's "confusing" the guests. Let's change everything to white now!

Have any of these special gems even walked into a Target before?

Hey guys we're changing the clearance labels from red to yellow.... for reasons! It'll be great.

2 months later: Uh, we didn't realize we already use yellow labels and it's "confusing" the guests. Let's change everything to white now!

Have any of these special gems even walked into a Target before?

There was zero communication on this in my store. I read about it on here and got the shipment of pushed white various paper.

When I asked the sakesfloor ETL about it, she had no idea.

So I proceeded to roll it out. But I didn't read anywhere that we were to use up the existing yellow stock. So I pitched it all.

There was zero communication on this in my store. I read about it on here and got the shipment of pushed white various paper.

When I asked the sakesfloor ETL about it, she had no idea.

So I proceeded to roll it out. But I didn't read anywhere that we were to use up the existing yellow stock. So I pitched it all.

There is a (very vague) post on workbench about it, but I didn't see a redwire unless someone already cleared it.

But yeah, toss/hide all your old yellow and just replace it with the white. Theoretically there's a phase in for every department, essentially once it resets all labels get replaced out.

oh god the remodel containers are here

One of the SuperTargets near me is going to be starting a full store remodel and they've dropped the containers in the back half of the parking lot nowhere near the building. Not sure what their plan is to move anything out of them and into the building when the time comes (especially since it is freezing-ass cold outside). Really, really glad it is not my store!

Are they keeping the store open? My store closed completely for the upgrade to ST, as I recall (it was a long time ago, as we were moving into this city. Moving into a new house with the local Target closed was a harrowing experience.)

Are they keeping the store open? My store closed completely for the upgrade to ST, as I recall (it was a long time ago, as we were moving into this city. Moving into a new house with the local Target closed was a harrowing experience.)

Yes they are. Currently a pfresh and staying that way.

The containers are in the back of the parking lot, which is coincidentally our meeting place for fires so idk where we go if the store burns down now.

home, i guess.

Interesting. I went through a remodel at a different retail outfit back in the day and it was kind of fun. We got overnights, with bonus pay, but I don't know if that's on tap for Target for remodel. And you have a great built-in excuse not to have everything looking perfect.

One of the SuperTargets near me is going to be starting a full store remodel and they've dropped the containers in the back half of the parking lot nowhere near the building. Not sure what their plan is to move anything out of them and into the building when the time comes (especially since it is freezing-ass cold outside). Really, really glad it is not my store!
General contractor has a fork lift to move stuff in and out of trailers and to and from store. Ours are technically not even in our lot but the empty one next door. It sucked.

Get them to requisition a good light or two, or order on sap. You will need them if the lot lights aren't great or the gc doesn't have a nice one to share. You will definitely need one inside the trailer either way.

Okay -- I know absolutely nothing about signing besides just putting up the weekly ad each week. My TL had me print signs for some endcaps, some were the small 3x3s and some were 7x11s, some were free GC. My question is this: How the hell do you know how much of each paper to put in the printer? Do you have to go into the batches and count or what? Because the printer would tell me to put in 3x3 sale signs and I'd put in say 3 sheets, but then it'd print like 5 and print some of them on whatever paper was in there before and then I'd have to reprint them. Basically what I'm asking is this: Is there a way to tell how much paper to put in? Or do you just put in the whole stack and then take out the excess?

Okay -- I know absolutely nothing about signing besides just putting up the weekly ad each week. My TL had me print signs for some endcaps, some were the small 3x3s and some were 7x11s, some were free GC. My question is this: How the hell do you know how much of each paper to put in the printer? Do you have to go into the batches and count or what? Because the printer would tell me to put in 3x3 sale signs and I'd put in say 3 sheets, but then it'd print like 5 and print some of them on whatever paper was in there before and then I'd have to reprint them. Basically what I'm asking is this: Is there a way to tell how much paper to put in? Or do you just put in the whole stack and then take out the excess?
With the new 3by3 sheets, put in 1 page at a time, due to paper jam. Wait for completion & then hit the next paper option.

I put in about 5 3x3 sheets at a time. Let 1 type finish printing, then change the paper and click the print for the next. If there are several pages of 3x3s, open the printer, pull out the toner, and let it cool down for awhile.

Back