MEGATHREAD Signing Tips, Tricks and Quips (along with howls of despair)

Audit the signing? Actually go through each box and check it off the packing list?

Who here still does that? No way I have time for that.

I've never done that. I rarely even look at the packing slip unless someone wants something off of it before I've had a chance to break it down and sort it.

I would add for training: printing SAP orders to keep track of part numbers & expected delivery dates, how to look up PO numbers in SAP for tracking or mySupport questions, and lastly strongly suggest encouragement to her Plano team to put up their own signing as they go, delivering it to them if necessary.

And yes, fixture room maintenance is a must for any signing person!! Gotta keep that chaos reigned in as much as possible.

I still check my packing slips out of habit but there hasn't really been anything missing in the last few years, mainly extra things that should have gone to other stores. Years ago it was a big problem and you would never get the missing signing cartons unless you noticed it and mysupported/ordered it yourself.

Now guys I'm not saying I personally audit the signing but it's a good skill to have just in case something is missing or you need something off the pallet before you break it down.

Also thank you for all your suggestions I'm definitely going to keep it in mind. I might try and pop into the store she's going to be working at and take a look at their signing area.

Now guys I'm not saying I personally audit the signing but it's a good skill to have just in case something is missing or you need something off the pallet before you break it down.

Also thank you for all your suggestions I'm definitely going to keep it in mind. I might try and pop into the store she's going to be working at and take a look at their signing area.
I audit 2/3 off my slips.

So on another note, I've had some issues with my hours lately. I know we are all in the Q1 blues right now but...

When it comes to signing hours for the Signing Team Member where exactly are those calculated from?

I always thought it was the adjacency calendar but this past month my hours have been significantly less than what the adjacency calendar planned for signing.

When I trained a new signing team member I went to her store a few days to help her declutter and get organized. I think it helped her a lot since we were on her turf.

Has anyone seen the fixtures for the ODL outdoor lighting string light displays? Everything seems to refer to the 'fixture' but nowhere does the pog, transition notes or vmg give a part number or any indication what fixture it is.

Has anyone seen the fixtures for the ODL outdoor lighting string light displays? Everything seems to refer to the 'fixture' but nowhere does the pog, transition notes or vmg give a part number or any indication what fixture it is.

Mine came in on the signing pallet for ODL. There were three 4 ft long boxes, each with a black fixture inside.

I think I have them idk

We haven't set it yet because remodel is building new backroom space.

yeah we're about to have a dedicated seasonal backroom.

So happy because I can store extra fixtures in it.

I audit 2/3 off my slips.
The signing lady is progressively beginning to dislike me as I will go get the pets (and other related signing) when the pallet arrives. No I dont cut all the shrink wrap off the pallet anymore but If it tears thats not my problem.

The signing lady is progressively beginning to dislike me as I will go get the pets (and other related signing) when the pallet arrives. No I dont cut all the shrink wrap off the pallet anymore but If it tears thats not my problem.
I'd break your wrists. If it's not sorted or for this week, don't touch my stuff.

I got mine and put it up last week, its less 'banners' and more 'heavy plastic rectangles'. The hardware they sent is the crappy spring-loaded cable adjusters, so if you have the sturdier ones they use to hang the canoes and actual cloth 'banners' you probably want to use those.

Hell, I'd have a heart attack that any of my plano members are actually finding their own signing and doing it if you did this to me. As long as you don't scatter my pallet all over receiving, you're gold. Instead I have to regularly leave whatever I'm doing to find something that is right in front of their face.

Those Umbro signs would have made way more sense as floor stanchions. They hang way too low to be worth all that effort and finagling up by the ceiling.
fuck... now I'm terrified. Hoping these aren't waiting for me in the morning.

The part numbers for the paddles are listed on the planogram. Look for the same number that is listed several times in a row. If you simply print out the labels, you will see the display label.

It's really not too terrible, I just dislike having cables/wires that require adjusting so the signs are level and at the "correct" height for the verbiage.
Three freaking emails about hanging those things. Alone. They are heavy. And our ceiling grid doesn't line up nicely with the rack alignment. Don't care...

Three freaking emails about hanging those things. Alone. They are heavy. And our ceiling grid doesn't line up nicely with the rack alignment. Don't care...

One of mine is hanging down in the middle of a convertible which is oddly placed directly behind the mannequins.

One of mine is hanging down in the middle of a convertible which is oddly placed directly behind the mannequins.
My girls is on the right front side of a convertible with shirts on the left. But the cube would need to stick out onto the racetrack to fit the sign flush. The boys is awkwardly between the mannequins and close to the hurdle.

Back