MEGATHREAD Signing Tips, Tricks and Quips (along with howls of despair)

Fuuuuuuck. I've got two signing shifts and the rest freaking pog. Guess who will have to do all the signing by the end of the week?

For cosmetics, I have the team put the signing in as they set. Biggest reason for this is I am one of the 3 people in my store that understands how to set in cosmetics (and likes it!) so I always end up setting along with the other 2. With only 3 people setting in cosmetics, I won't have time to place signing after. And I've found it's quicker to catch fixture mistakes if you place the bullnose at the same time as the labels since the bullnose is an easier visual marker.

For cosmetics, I have the team put the signing in as they set. Biggest reason for this is I am one of the 3 people in my store that understands how to set in cosmetics (and likes it!) so I always end up setting along with the other 2. With only 3 people setting in cosmetics, I won't have time to place signing after. And I've found it's quicker to catch fixture mistakes if you place the bullnose at the same time as the labels since the bullnose is an easier visual marker.
Never happens. Or they did the bullnose but nothing else. My team can't be bothered because they know the pptl will make me do it, and she constantly tells them just set it we'll get the sighing later.

Never happens. Or they did the bullnose but nothing else. My team can't be bothered because they know the pptl will make me do it, and she constantly tells them just set it we'll get the sighing later.

What a bunch of lazy fucks. Especially if you are getting Plano shifts; they damn well should be made to do their signing as they go if you are helping them set.

What a bunch of lazy fucks. Especially if you are getting Plano shifts; they damn well should be made to do their signing as they go if you are helping them set.
Yup. Then they try to tell me I only get 8hrs cause that's what's left after you take out ad prep and setup from the allocation. Ignorant fuckers every where.

Anybody have the part numbers for the transcend metal headers? The ones that the plastic header strips sit on?

Has anyone had an issues that when scanning some signing will display "not sold here" yet the number is still listed on the POG? I've also noticed that if I type the dpci in the zebra that it gives the location on the pog and the dpci is the exact same as the one I scanned that said not sold here. I've seen this happen to me in Luggage and with the white valance headers in Infants

Has anyone had an issues that when scanning some signing will display "not sold here" yet the number is still listed on the POG? I've also noticed that if I type the dpci in the zebra that it gives the location on the pog and the dpci is the exact same as the one I scanned that said not sold here. I've seen this happen to me in Luggage and with the white valance headers in Infants
the barcode is often printed badly, if it scans bad it will be the wrong number. I normally match the signs to where the pog thinks they should be. Sometimes I'll leave them up if possible after they want to change if its good for increasing sales.
They are in pm2go. Look there or ask your PMT. I found my part numbers there.
My old pmt couldn't find it... doubt the new one will, if he's got time to look.

Same boat. Cosmetics was set yesterday and no signing was replaced. They didn't even bother to swap out the correct fixtures. This is what I'll be doing today...

Damn, mine at least do fixtures if we have them.

Not over here lol I always ask for them to do it and they never do. PPTL and rest of pog are a small click from another store so they get away with a lot of shit. Just finished cosmetics.. now I have to back track do do dental / shave...

Same boat. Cosmetics was set yesterday and no signing was replaced. They didn't even bother to swap out the correct fixtures. This is what I'll be doing today...

Come on. How can you set cosmetics without using the right fixture? "Oh, I'll just leave the 14 across here even though it says I need a 5 across." You couldn't even push one product there. That's like saying they set plastic totes with no shelves but used pegs. What's the real story?

Anyone know the part numbers for the Baby CSE. I have some pretty dated ones now but want to change that. I have 48x34 as my signs and I need it to fill 9 sections. I looked at a couple ones but wasn’t sure what to order

So I was bored waiting for labels to print and I was flipping through the Early Set notes for ODL, and read that there's a refresh and revisions for ODL in April for a new brand home branch launch. Anyone hear anything?

Anyone know the part numbers for the Baby CSE. I have some pretty dated ones now but want to change that. I have 48x34 as my signs and I need it to fill 9 sections. I looked at a couple ones but wasn’t sure what to order
On workbench look up A&A CSE. It should show you what options are available with actual pictures.(scroll for different dept)

Come on. How can you set cosmetics without using the right fixture? "Oh, I'll just leave the 14 across here even though it says I need a 5 across." You couldn't even push one product there. That's like saying they set plastic totes with no shelves but used pegs. What's the real story?
mine will grab a flat tray and a couple dividers and pretend it's close... lol.

mine will grab a flat tray and a couple dividers and pretend it's close... lol.

Unless you mean adhesive dividers, which would be hard to imagine, you can't use dividers on flat trays, only utility trays. If your pptl let's them get away with shoddy shit like what you describe, someone may need to be replaced. Maybe the whole team.

It is quite possible to set the pog without the correct lighting fixtures. What are you talking about??

Back