MEGATHREAD Signing Tips, Tricks and Quips (along with howls of despair)

It is quite possible to set the pog without the correct lighting fixtures. What are you talking about??

You'll have to read the post I was responding to. Signingminion was talking about how people set the POGs in cosmetics with all the wrong fixtures.

You'll have to read the post I was responding to. Signingminion was talking about how people set the POGs in cosmetics with all the wrong fixtures.

I would flat out refuse to fix it.

I legit did 100% (besides Maybelline) signing myself. Even tried to get the bullnoses up ASAP so their push would be easier.

Question for y'all. Our PPTL has had everyone in pog doing signing since our signing TM is on a LOA. When you scan an old sign/display (that's no longer used), some come up and say "not sold here" and some just show no locations and say "0 in back (1 on hand)". As long as the new pog is tied and it doesn't show any locations, does that mean it's safe to throw away? Or does one of those things mean it'll be used again in the future? I feel like things are getting thrown out that shouldn't, but oh well.

Question for y'all. Our PPTL has had everyone in pog doing signing since our signing TM is on a LOA. When you scan an old sign/display (that's no longer used), some come up and say "not sold here" and some just show no locations and say "0 in back (1 on hand)". As long as the new pog is tied and it doesn't show any locations, does that mean it's safe to throw away? Or does one of those things mean it'll be used again in the future? I feel like things are getting thrown out that shouldn't, but oh well.

If it doesn't scan to a new pog (tied or near future) I toss it.

I would flat out refuse to fix it.

I legit did 100% (besides Maybelline) signing myself. Even tried to get the bullnoses up ASAP so their push would be easier.

I had to set Maybelline without the signing and do not get how anyone is OK pushing product without it in already. I spent so much extra time having to scan everything and then check the label strip to see where it went. Bullnoses save so much time- scan one item and then just match up colors.

And what was with Maybelline having a vendor put the signing in?? Terrible idea for the above stated reasons!

Soooooo there's no hardware kit for the Goodfellow swap.... I'll be here all day removing and reusing

Edit: the holes don't even line up lol

Last edited:
Soooooo there's no hardware kit for the Goodfellow swap.... I'll be here all day removing and reusing

Same here, spent a ton of time hole punching new holes so it would all line up correctly. The signs are a little bit longer so the clips don’t really hold it tight, ended up zip tying the bottom loops so it would be tight.

Same here, spent a ton of time hole punching new holes so it would all line up correctly. The signs are a little bit longer so the clips don’t really hold it tight, ended up zip tying the bottom loops so it would be tight.
Mysupport mentions to not set mens early, new hardware fix is on the way...

Maybelline signing had 4 pages worth of fuck ups. Vendors were given signs because they've often owned those brands but haven't between big sets recently. Mine brought my signs, showed me the problems we might have and went onto another store. Easy peasy. We set it today, 21.5hr pog in under 12hrs.

I got to look completely pathetic sitting in the middle of men's unscrewing, and then rescrewing signs together.

The last section I did, was the middle, once I realized their fuck up. I said fuck it, after I got one clip in.

I told our RTW-TL, that in the future, this is our VM's job. They agreed, lol

AWESOME.

I've been ordering a shitton in prep for remodel and now I can definitively have one on each endcap header.

I'm overdoing it so that I can't get yelled at about it later.

Quick question for you signing Masters, I have a trainee from another store coming to work with me for a week and I'm supposed to give them a crash course in signing.

I feel like there's so much that changes in this job from week to week that I can't cover everything but does anybody know what key points I should definitely be hitting.

On the top of my list in no particular order I'm going to be teaching her about :
  1. the display process,
  2. hanging CSE,
  3. how to put away and audit signing pallets,
  4. how to use Sap and mySupport,
  5. the monthly signing update and weekly mech update .
Angone else have any ideas what to add?

Also on another note... This girl is lucky to receive training, I was dropped into signing after our person quit during the X-mas set and was told "good luck"

Quick question for you signing Masters, I have a trainee from another store coming to work with me for a week and I'm supposed to give them a crash course in signing.

I feel like there's so much that changes in this job from week to week that I can't cover everything but does anybody know what key points I should definitely be hitting.

On the top of my list in no particular order I'm going to be teaching her about :
  1. the display process,
  2. hanging CSE,

Also on another note... This girl is lucky to receive training, I was dropped into signing after our person quit during the X-mas set and was told "good luck"

Hanging overheads

1. the display process,
  2. hanging CSE,

as mentioned above, Fixture room.

#1 Info every new Signing TM should be told: ALL PART #'s for SIGNS are the DPCI of the sign, minus the 0's on sap. (Was never told this when I trained, and I actually learned it from MySupport one of my responses!, I know right?)

I thought to myself....... This is literally, the first thing a Signing TM should be told.

Back