MEGATHREAD Signing Tips, Tricks and Quips (along with howls of despair)

My Signing Philosophy in Softlines is "as long as its up", whether it looks good or not, they pay another team member probably $7 dollars more an hour, than myself, to decide that. I have yet to see them move any lights, or actually be on the wave (not even sure if they are Wave trained).

I didnt have much trouble hanging them straight or in the right posotion, but I do have a concern hanging a heavy sign that low in the childrens departments. We hang signs at a standard 8' for a reason. In boys,the hurdle helps protect the sign, but in girls, there wasnt a hurdle available. The cloth banners got pulled down by children pretty regularly. Hope this doesnt happen with these sharp, heavy banners.

I hate my pptl for setting two weeks in advance....

Mine does this habitually, I've been signing for two years, and I can count maybe 4 weeks, that we weren't setting two weeks in advance (Re-models excluded).

Its definitely the most frustrating part of my job, struggling to keep up (no fault of my own, but you set two weeks in advance, signing will be habitually late). The most frustrating part is when they set without the right Fixtures as they set early... although I know my PPTL voids this at all costs.

The only things my PPTL will set early is small revisions, salesplanners since they tend to not have critical signing, and resets in areas that don't really have signage, like chemicals or paper or bulk plastics.

We're never that far ahead though.

Two weeks ahead?? Lololol. And more lols.

When we got ahead 2 days ( we were setting stuff for the next week on Thursday) they cut our Friday shift.

This week, we won't finish the wirkload. Too many backups. And we have to pull our own stuff. And doing 4x4's to reshop softlines.

That'll be the last time I ever work hard to get ahead. Because look what we got, a cut shift. That's how they repay you at Target for hard work.

Two weeks ahead?? Lololol. And more lols.

When we got ahead 2 days ( we were setting stuff for the next week on Thursday) they cut our Friday shift.

This week, we won't finish the wirkload. Too many backups. And we have to pull our own stuff. And doing 4x4's to reshop softlines.

That'll be the last time I ever work hard to get ahead. Because look what we got, a cut shift. That's how they repay you at Target for hard work.
These still exist?

That's what they call it. So funny. Should just be called .... more work.
We didn't have huddle today because other than tls there weren't enough bodies to 4x4 or push crap. Way to illustrate priorities...etlhr is such a witch.

We haven't done 4x4s in well over a year. We've also stopped having huddles and smart huddles. My STL likes everyone to be able to focus on their own workcenters. So nice not having those extra interruptions during the day!

With the remodel they've sent a shitton of these. So I took it upon myself to finally organize them.

Did I post this already?

JTxs4kJ.jpg

With the remodel they've sent a shitton of these. So I took it upon myself to finally organize them.

Did I post this already?

JTxs4kJ.jpg

Wow! During our remodel, we would often be missing a lot of items and these are among them. The ETL-Remodel says some stores are so prepared for remodel that they don't have a lot of missing stuff. Our store is not on of them.

ok, quick question? On the Nutro signage for the endcap and 4 ft section in pets, did anything come for the 4ft? (like it did for the Blue Buffalo) ETL-ge asked me when I was doing the pets pog and I told him all I got was endcap signage.

ok, quick question? On the Nutro signage for the endcap and 4 ft section in pets, did anything come for the 4ft? (like it did for the Blue Buffalo) ETL-ge asked me when I was doing the pets pog and I told him all I got was endcap signage.

We haven't set that yet but I know I don't have any 4 ft signing waiting to be put up for Pets. You can check to see if a pog has signing on the zebra. Scan the pog header, scroll down to ISM, and then find the section you think might be missing something. If nothing is listed there except back paper, you aren't missing anything else. You can also pull up the pog image for that section to see if signing is shown.

We haven't set that yet but I know I don't have any 4 ft signing waiting to be put up for Pets. You can check to see if a pog has signing on the zebra. Scan the pog header, scroll down to ISM, and then find the section you think might be missing something. If nothing is listed there except back paper, you aren't missing anything else. You can also pull up the pog image for that section to see if signing is shown.
We didn't get any that I've seen.

@HRZone signing should still get the generic 28.5hrs or more... correct? I printed it out but I know etl-r is gonna fight and say its not shown in the allotment, I only get what's left after prep and set for ad... help? They are giving me one maybe two days a week... and not enough pog or pricing hours to fill these days. I need my vacation time for family doctor visits or I'd not worry...

Add to my list of ridiculousness. 0 hours on the newest schedule for signing.
Oh fuck that. Pull up the adjacent Caesar and monthly signing report. Or don't abd refuse to did anything signing that week...

... this crap has got to stop. Etl-h and stl are about to meet minion on terms they don't like. I don't get angry (long), I get even...

Oh fuck that. Pull up the adjacent Caesar and monthly signing report. Or don't abd refuse to did anything signing that week...

... this crap has got to stop. Etl-h and stl are about to meet minion on terms they don't like. I don't get angry (long), I get even...

Agreed.. Green as grass STL and a ETLHR up for promo - we are so fucked right now at my store.

Add to my list of ridiculousness. 0 hours on the newest schedule for signing.

I feel ya, I had three weeks straight of zero signing. Im finding it harder to care about my job when I'm the only one that does.

The only signing I've gotten done recently is seasonal and mini seasonal. I still have baby, toys, sporting goods, cosmetics, fos, and a crap load of softlines stuff still to do.

Also I don't know if this has happened anywhere else yet, but they just started scheduling Plano, pricing and signing from 9-5:30. Nothing is getting done anymore.

Back