MEGATHREAD Signing Tips, Tricks and Quips (along with howls of despair)

The sd spins the addendum however she wants. It could literally state, "Each store will get a base of 10 hours per week, more during bigger transitions, for a specific, scheduled signing tm to work signing not included in specific pogs. Sorting pallets, ordering supplies, maintaining the fixture room, etc."

My sd would say, "They don't mean hours for you to get scheduled to do signing. They mean for you to do it while you're scheduled to unload the truck and push chrmicals." Even if it makes zero sense.

I haven't checked this site in a while, been absolutely disgusted with Target lately. Which is sad, because back when I was doing signing and checking this thread almost daily, I loved what I did.

Kind of disheartening to see that so many stores are in the same boat as mine right now. Those of us that are still around aren't technically doing signing anymore, aren't being scheduled for the hours mentioned in the addendum, but it seems we are still expected to know what all the signing is and where it is. And the few times the DSD has asked about why a sign isn't up, suddenly they can pull us from our new job for a couple of hours to try to do one thing, then act like surprised pikachu when it takes longer than it used to because we don't know where everything is and then surprised pikachu again when we don't finish our actual new job.

I actually had a little hope when that 10hr thing came out in the June(?) addendum (man that seems like so much longer ago, time is dragging these days). I thought that was a sign that corporate realized that the signing needed to be done by someone who knew what they were doing and was maybe a step in the right direction. But nope. It's just being ignored, and those hours are being used to help do the transitions and salesplans that the "DBOs" aren't doing.

I used to point out to TLs/ETLs when they'd do a transition and not the signing when we'd have one brand's products under a second brand's signage, or signs for a brand that isn't there anymore, or that brand has moved to the next shelf down. But a) they didn't seem to care and b) that's pretty much every transition these days. Of our 3 GMTL, only the former POG TL even makes an attempt to get the signing done in any of his areas. The others just let it sit until the next transition then I throw it out.

Sorry for the vent/rant, but I haven't had the opportunity to say that crap to anyone who feels my pain in a while.

I haven't checked this site in a while, been absolutely disgusted with Target lately. Which is sad, because back when I was doing signing and checking this thread almost daily, I loved what I did.

Kind of disheartening to see that so many stores are in the same boat as mine right now. Those of us that are still around aren't technically doing signing anymore, aren't being scheduled for the hours mentioned in the addendum, but it seems we are still expected to know what all the signing is and where it is. And the few times the DSD has asked about why a sign isn't up, suddenly they can pull us from our new job for a couple of hours to try to do one thing, then act like surprised pikachu when it takes longer than it used to because we don't know where everything is and then surprised pikachu again when we don't finish our actual new job.

I actually had a little hope when that 10hr thing came out in the June(?) addendum (man that seems like so much longer ago, time is dragging these days). I thought that was a sign that corporate realized that the signing needed to be done by someone who knew what they were doing and was maybe a step in the right direction. But nope. It's just being ignored, and those hours are being used to help do the transitions and salesplans that the "DBOs" aren't doing.

I used to point out to TLs/ETLs when they'd do a transition and not the signing when we'd have one brand's products under a second brand's signage, or signs for a brand that isn't there anymore, or that brand has moved to the next shelf down. But a) they didn't seem to care and b) that's pretty much every transition these days. Of our 3 GMTL, only the former POG TL even makes an attempt to get the signing done in any of his areas. The others just let it sit until the next transition then I throw it out.

Sorry for the vent/rant, but I haven't had the opportunity to say that crap to anyone who feels my pain in a while.
I get to throw out the BTS FOS this week because it never got hung. 🤣😁

Got to love that wasted money.

I have a lot of holiday birds from Target and other stores - TJMaxx/Marshall's and Michael's often come out with new ones for Fall and Christmas. But I'm not as bad as one of my sisters, who has to have every bird from every collection that comes out, and will hunt them down and buy on Ebay to make sure she gets every last one, lol.

My favorite is the Valentine's Day one we had a couple of years ago that's wearing a beret and striped shirt that says Hello Love on it, so cute.

I'm jonesing to get my hands on the creepy plants!

UGLY. Tacky. Yuk.
Whaaa? 🥺 Just the new ones, or birds in general?

I will admit that these new ones aren't as nice as ones we've had in the past, and a lot depends on where they are placed and the rest of the decor. They look pretty cool if you know how to display them.

No today list AND tomorrow list ?
The entire week ??
Must be huge !
ALL depts. pitch in and do your areas to shrink that list !

Weekly task list is for items marking down. The daily labels drop into the weekly task list each day. So by the end of the week, the list will be huge if it's not getting done each day. Right now, probably doesn't look too horrible yet.

Whaaa? 🥺 Just the new ones, or birds in general?

I will admit that these new ones aren't as nice as ones we've had in the past, and a lot depends on where they are placed and the rest of the decor. They look pretty cool if you know how to display them.
The new Halloween ones, yuk. I bought some of the Christmas ones last year.

Weekly task list is for items marking down. The daily labels drop into the weekly task list each day. So by the end of the week, the list will be huge if it's not getting done each day. Right now, probably doesn't look too horrible yet.
I still don’t have it. Still using price change

What about printing pricing labels by aisle?

Right now it seems you have to print ALL of them at once = waste of label paper - especially on old labels.

Our solution to this is to use the unused mailboxes in the office and print the batch each day and place into that weekday's box with the day's date on a sticky note attached. Usually the market person who does PC will print since she's in before anyone else who might print. The rest of us just look in the mailboxes first for labels.

But ability to print by aisle or area would be phenomenal! 🙏🏻

I have a lot of holiday birds from Target and other stores - TJMaxx/Marshall's and Michael's often come out with new ones for Fall and Christmas. But I'm not as bad as one of my sisters, who has to have every bird from every collection that comes out, and will hunt them down and buy on Ebay to make sure she gets every last one, lol.

My favorite is the Valentine's Day one we had a couple of years ago that's wearing a beret and striped shirt that says Hello Love on it, so cute.

I'm jonesing to get my hands on the creepy plants!

I don't remember a valentine's one!

Oh. we do something similar. The labels still aren't completed in a timely fashion.

Yup. I tossed some from the end of July that were printed but never put up before we switched to the new PC last week.

Has anyone put up or planning to put up the clearance dash overhead/signing? I feel like it's a waste of time.

Has anyone put up or planning to put up the clearance dash overhead/signing? I feel like it's a waste of time.

Planning on it. It's on the style TL's radar so I kinda have to. Agree it's a waste of time. I already have clearance bubbles (squares whatever) permanently hanging in several of the apparel areas since they are hidden.

I have zero signing hours, so that's a no.

Fun fact, our pallet with any new fixtures for last week's cosmetics reset is still sitting on our last dock since no one breaks them down anymore. I overheard the salesfloor ETL tell someone they couldn't be set since we didn't get the fixtures. Lol.

Another fun fact, our gm3 to finally drug a signing pallet from 3 weeks from the fire tunnel to the compactor and just threw it all away, including any signing we might have needed for the candle aisle. What a waste of money.

But hey, I'm getting 40 hours on Plano and flexible fulfillment and gm push so I'm not in the game anymore .... until they try and schedule me signing again. And then it'll be, "Why isn't it perfect. Such and such acronym is coming and wants all the signing up from early." Watch me not care.

Back