MEGATHREAD Signing Tips, Tricks and Quips (along with howls of despair)

You know those huge white 4ft metal cases that the video games go into, with the demo security cases on a tether? Do those tethered demo cases have a part number? Like 4 of our white metal cases are missing just one of those demo-tether-case things. I have several tethers already, and I have plenty of regular security cases like Blu-Rays go into that could be used, but there is some weird part that connects the tether to the case that isn't included with the tethers. Is there a part number for that inbetween connector, or do you order replacement cases that come with that connector already installed?
Search sennco in Sap.

You know those huge white 4ft metal cases that the video games go into, with the demo security cases on a tether? Do those tethered demo cases have a part number? Like 4 of our white metal cases are missing just one of those demo-tether-case things. I have several tethers already, and I have plenty of regular security cases like Blu-Rays go into that could be used, but there is some weird part that connects the tether to the case that isn't included with the tethers. Is there a part number for that inbetween connector, or do you order replacement cases that come with that connector already installed?
Sap# ax1396 - 4 foot lock up case
Sap# ad1528 - 3 foot lock up case

The name of THAT bug is SCARY MONSTER or GET THE F$&@ OFF MY WINDOW ;)
But thanks that is interesting information!!!!
And why in gods name do u know that? Lol
...I knew what it was because I saw their mating ritual on an animal show once. They emerge from the water, mate, and promptly die before the day is up lol

Does anyone know if frozen and dairy aisle indicators were supposed to be changed to white lettering with black background? I didn't receive any. What about pets?

I am helping another store with their E&E innovation. At the same time they got their inno signs they also got a few pallets of CSE that were labeled "remodel". They came as kits for each dept. The signs are the exact same ones as they have up now, anyone care to venture a guess why they would get them all again?
We did this. They ended up being shorter.

Does anyone know if frozen and dairy aisle indicators were supposed to be changed to white lettering with black background? I didn't receive any. What about pets?
\

Frozen and Dairy all changed (Frozen about 2 months ago, and Dairy, maybe 3 weeks ago) Pets is changing as well, although I received a small amount of Outriggers for Pets (compared to what we had).

\

Frozen and Dairy all changed (Frozen about 2 months ago, and Dairy, maybe 3 weeks ago) Pets is changing as well, although I received a small amount of Outriggers for Pets (compared to what we had).
Did they SEND you the aisle indicators? Or just the outriggers? I got outriggers

Yes, they were supposed to change. When Market transitioned in April they sent everything including frozen, dairy, pets, and cleaning supplies too. I can't remember if I also got some separately with the Frozen and Dairy transitions or if I used what I got in April. I kept all of them from April because I wasn't sure what I would need later.

Are they really changing these for Pets too? I haven't opened that box yet since the team just started Pets today. I am glad they didn't start last week before the signing pallet came in; when I opened the backer paper boxes and saw black I was certainly surprised! But changing the category endcap strips would make sense with this new backer paper.

Yes, they were supposed to change. When Market transitioned in April they sent everything including frozen, dairy, pets, and cleaning supplies too. I can't remember if I also got some separately with the Frozen and Dairy transitions or if I used what I got in April. I kept all of them from April because I wasn't sure what I would need later.

Are they really changing these for Pets too? I haven't opened that box yet since the team just started Pets today. I am glad they didn't start last week before the signing pallet came in; when I opened the backer paper boxes and saw black I was certainly surprised! But changing the category endcap strips would make sense with this new backer paper.
Ok I know this is going to seem like a dumb question, but....
Was there COMMUNICATION that ALL of them were supposed to change? I held onto all of them waiting to see. I'm pretty good about reading EVERYTHING I can get my hands on. And I don't remember seeing this. I read about the outriggers changing colors. And the backer changing.
But I don't remember anything about other departments when I got that huge box of black aisle indicators. And my pptl is a HUGE HUGE HUGE **** BY THE BOOK*** prove it, brand person.
So when market came in, I only changed market. I'm huge behind- changed dairy Friday and I started thinking today about pets and then leafed through the rest of that black box. And even then, there isn't enough aisle markers for dairy to really be up what should.

Ok I know this is going to seem like a dumb question, but....
Was there COMMUNICATION that ALL of them were supposed to change? I held onto all of them waiting to see. I'm pretty good about reading EVERYTHING I can get my hands on. And I don't remember seeing this. I read about the outriggers changing colors. And the backer changing.
But I don't remember anything about other departments when I got that huge box of black aisle indicators. And my pptl is a HUGE HUGE HUGE **** BY THE BOOK*** prove it, brand person.
So when market came in, I only changed market. I'm huge behind- changed dairy Friday and I started thinking today about pets and then leafed through the rest of that black box. And even then, there isn't enough aisle markers for dairy to really be up what should.

Not a dumb question at all! I had the same thought which is why I saved mine too. I did not put up anything other than Market. I figured that because some Super Targets have paper/some cleaning supplies/etc. in the same block as grocery that was why they sent all of itso it would all match.

It's too bad there wasn't a transition manual sent for Pets...at least as far as I know. We didn't even get our map until after the pre-tie date. Maybe there's something in Early Set notes. A long shot, really, but it could maybe happen.

Not a dumb question at all! I had the same thought which is why I saved mine too. I did not put up anything other than Market. I figured that because some Super Targets have paper/some cleaning supplies/etc. in the same block as grocery that was why they sent all of itso it would all match.

It's too bad there wasn't a transition manual sent for Pets...at least as far as I know. We didn't even get our map until after the pre-tie date. Maybe there's something in Early Set notes. A long shot, really, but it could maybe happen.
Transition nots are on WB. My assumption would be yes change em because of the black outriggers. But it does not say so. I didn't read it on the dairy/frozen stuff but went with it because of black outriggers.

I feel like this has been asked before but how many hours do you/your signing TM get? What happens if your pallet doesn't get broken down and sorted?
35-38 & it waits patiently like a good kid :D till I get to it. Unless I'm on vacation. Then the pptl sneaks a peak if it's needed for a transition. I just have a lot of catch up to do . If your organized it should not happen too often.

35-38 & it waits patiently like a good kid :D till I get to it. Unless I'm on vacation. Then the pptl sneaks a peak if it's needed for a transition. I just have a lot of catch up to do . If your organized it should not happen too often.

So your hours aren't affected by workload set for that week? Do you pick up hours elsewhere?

Well said! I get 30-35 signing hours and pick up hours in Plano. I also usually get 5 hours/week for Hardlines Brand since my store does not have a VML.

I try to not take time off when a big transition sets unless I can't help it, jury duty and being on maternity leave have both gotten in the way. But otherwise that pallet doesn't get touched by anyone other than me! I hate when other people touch my stuff or move things around in my bulk space. :mad:

Transition nots are on WB. My assumption would be yes change em because of the black outriggers. But it does not say so. I didn't read it on the dairy/frozen stuff but went with it because of black outriggers.

I agree. If the outriggers are black, might as well be consistent and change the category endcap strips too. If I wasn't stuck setting a diaper pog tomorrow I could actually get started on Pets signing and see what's changing, but I don't see that happening so it will have to wait 'til Thursday.

So your hours aren't affected by workload set for that week? Do you pick up hours elsewhere?
No my hours are not affected by workload, persay. But they are "padded" so to speak. I will sometimes get scheduled Pog and work longer signing shifts and sometimes stay late to help push or I'll set an aisle in the morning and then go do signing and start my "signing" shift that way. But it's 28 +ad prep =my hourly week. +whatever my poggies need. I suppose u could pad it with other stuff. I have with backroom. They always need help. I could get 40 IF I wanted it.

Back