MEGATHREAD Signing Tips, Tricks and Quips (along with howls of despair)

Broke it down to show the ctl it wasn't on there. I only git that and a teeny pellet with the pets focal that week...nonsupported it before I went to lunch. Ugh.

anyone else who's converting dollar spot from 1big to 3small gondolas this week have the problem where the map is showing three 3foot gondolas, when the pogs and signing are both meant for 4foot gondolas?

anyone else who's converting dollar spot from 1big to 3small gondolas this week have the problem where the map is showing three 3foot gondolas, when the pogs and signing are both meant for 4foot gondolas?
Yes! And they sent us 4 foot parts. I mysupported it and they said my PMT should have received the correct parts. Dick's. No they didn't. We just built it with four feet and said fuck it. :)

I would say the map is wrong. My store changed to the 3 small gondolas back in November and all of them are 4 feet, sides and endcaps.

My HR ETL asked me today about ordering more Gen3 pushers because I guess Spot is going to be rolling out using them in more areas of the store and my STL wants to start switching out now to be ahead. She specifically called out pasta and yogurt from what she could remember from her list. I told her:

1) I had Plano change all of the pushers in Market (and everywhere else in the store currently using pushers) to the Gen3 already because we like them better :)
2) Gen3 pushers will not currently work on the yogurt shelves, but I like the idea of using them there
3) I have a supply of pushers should any be needed (within reason, I am not a blatant hoarder!)

I did not add that Plano does not have time to proactively switch out/add pushers unless they are setting a POG in that area, not a revision and Market only transitons once, occasionally twice, a year. I also left out that rather than spend money on pushers now it would be better to wait until we are supposed to make the switch because new ones will be sent automatically, free of charge! :eek:

Anyone else hear anything about this yet? Forgot to ask my TL what she has heard or if she could forward me the email. Assuming she was on it of course. o_O

We got two pallets of the standard shelf length gen3 pushers a month and a half or so ago, I'm not sure why they sent them all then, but I assume at some point our infant gondola and ink cartridge planos will be switching to them. I just hope we have enough backs and fronts for it when they do. I will be overjoyed to throw out all our old ones since they take up a substantial amount of storage space in our tiny signing/fixture room.

There are only gen3 pushers left in my store since all the etl's and team leads liked them so much when we first got them in 2? years ago. I just kept ordering them and have a big stockpile now, nobody's complaining. Only problem area really is spices/ingredients because many of them are odd shaped or just too small for the pushers to be used.

It makes sense to replace the old pushers on POGs that currently have them. I guess my bigger question is if anyone has heard about them being added to POGs that do not currently use pushers. Like pasta noodles, canned frosting or other baking items, aircare, or even pillowcases. I am keeping my ears peaked hoping I get some more info at my store but my TL hasn't even mentioned it to me yet.

Merch Update now only seems available as a link from a generic weekly deals / info email, if you aren't getting it then have your ETL / whomever forward it to you / print it weekly.
and
@Ajax11
You can also get merchandise update by going on WB. Just type it in search browser. It will come up as individual or the bulk if you click on the name I guess. I hate all the signing in you have to do now.....
It looks like WB actually just updated with a newer front-facing design, and on my list of options now on the left side, Merchandise Update is right within view and shows a listing of current and previous; I have missed it quite a bit and glad to have it back =)

Is anyone else a little annoyed at how small the Halloween rear seasonal overhead is? I'm pretty sure the FOS overheads are bigger. They sure felt heavier.

I'm just sad that Target has gotten so cheap with Halloween and Christmas signing all together... 3 or 4 years ago and prior the entire store was full of overheads, banners, big toppers on endcaps and it looked great and festive. Now it's just pitiful in comparison. I miss those giant 10 foot Christmas ornament overheads that went along the whole race track.

I'm just sad that Target has gotten so cheap with Halloween and Christmas signing all together... 3 or 4 years ago and prior the entire store was full of overheads, banners, big toppers on endcaps and it looked great and festive. Now it's just pitiful in comparison. I miss those giant 10 foot Christmas ornament overheads that went along the whole race track.

I like less work. :)

I like less work. :)
Last year I think it was, on the directionals I had to viking-on the arms and things, and this time they were a bit more smartly made in just a single piece. I was surprised by the RS overhead also.. just 2 whole wires to hold it up, didn't even have to math out some weird combination =)

I'll let our plano team know! Maybe that'll inspired them get some of the product out of the BR! (TAT, sporting goods, domestics, shoes, home, rest of halloween they never pushed!!!)

What? your Plano team does signing?

I legit do 85% of my plano teams Signing and figured that was just the way it was.

What? your Plano team does signing?

I legit do 85% of my plano teams Signing and figured that was just the way it was.

Sort of. It's a plano TM doing all the signing. He gets almost no signing hours and basically does the signs that hang from the ceiling and a couple other odds and ends that dont have anything to do with the sets. Otherwise, the plano team just throws up everything in the aisle when they set it.

I know displays are not the responsibility of the Signing TM anymore but I still take care of them at my store because no one else seems to be able to figure it out. And holy hell, the displays for dept. 72 and 249 are going to kill me next couple weeks!!! I think I am sitting on about 3 pallets of displays (again, no one understands the new process so they don't backstock the displays, just dump them at the end of the line off the truck).

Yikes!!!

Back