MEGATHREAD Signing Tips, Tricks and Quips (along with howls of despair)

Hi Everyone, sorry to change the subject here but I need your help because we started setting Infants this week and I've had very little training as far as displays go. Our last Signing guy quit during the last Infant display set up so it's kind of a mess... Very few of the older displays have labels to scan so I don't know if they're carry forward and I can't check the shelf because almost none of it is stocked. The product images page on the POG doesn't show diddley squat either so I can't rely on that. Does anyone have a process or any nifty little tricks for putting them up and taking them down?

I had a problem with the baby monitors earlier too because only 4 displays fit on a 4' shelf but some of the locations are like N12(5) 1-3-8 which would be the 8th spot on a 4' shelf... Doesn't make a whole lot of sense to me. I thought maybe the display counted as like the first spot and the info card sign might count as the second, but some of the display labels don't show locations while their info cards do... And on top of that, a few of the displays that do have locations didn't come with info cards. :| AHHH! I don't know.

Unfortunately I had to take tomorrow off for surgery so I have to finish the displays on Monday before our cosmetics set... So far my plan when I come in is to print the line listing for everything and research every class 94 display to see what I have and what I'm missing. If a display is up that I'm actually able to scan and it isn't on the line listing then I'm going to sweep it. Doesn't help much for the displays that don't have anything to scan though... Any advice would be great! Thanks!

Get a copy of the transition packet if you don't already have it.

The packet has a color picture of all of the new displays listing the sellable DPCI, fixture DPCI and whether it is new / carry forward / toss. It makes auditing the POG a breeze, though it will list displays that aren't valid for your store.

Get a copy of the transition packet if you don't already have it.

The packet has a color picture of all of the new displays listing the sellable DPCI, fixture DPCI and whether it is new / carry forward / toss. It makes auditing the POG a breeze, though it will list displays that aren't valid for your store.

Any displays for clearance product toss, sometimes I keep "old" displays if we still sell the product and I have room.

Man this switchover on how displays are handled is a massive pain in the ass for stores. But it makes it easier for corporate so why not shift the workload to 1700+ locations? Idiots.

Two more pallets came today, so I am up to three. Giant pallet for new hair dryer fixture and two more. One is labeled brush endcap?

Last edited:
I kept three full cases from the last transition. I've only seen one giant pallet chine in, but we are not getting the new focal...cause they hate us.

Same, have 2 full Boxes in the top of my Fixture so nobody couil
Two more pallets came today, so I am up to three. Giant pallet for new hair dryer fixture and two more. One is labeled brush endcap?

Its a new End-cap that is similar to the Cosmetics Trend end cap, that I guess will focus on eye lash brushes?

Any displays for clearance product toss, sometimes I keep "old" displays if we still sell the product and I have room.

Man this switchover on how displays are handled is a massive pain in the ass for stores. But it makes it easier for corporate so why not shift the workload to 1700+ locations? Idiots.

I completely agree! Having to take the time to scan all the NCF displays in the defectives app was such a pain in the ass this week.

OMG, another giant pallet for hair appliances?! Fuck, where am I going to put that once I get it? I can't set Naturals until the week of the 22nd so I will still have that oversize pallet too.

On another note, does anyone else's fragrance pog call for the use of those new lock up boxes on every shelf? We currently have 4 of them installed but did not receive any new ones to add in. And our Maybelline pog shows blocker boxes on the entire bottom but we did not receive any in for that either. I mySupported both but thought maybe someone else might have some insight?

Hi Everyone, sorry to change the subject here but I need your help because we started setting Infants this week and I've had very little training as far as displays go. Our last Signing guy quit during the last Infant display set up so it's kind of a mess... Very few of the older displays have labels to scan so I don't know if they're carry forward and I can't check the shelf because almost none of it is stocked. The product images page on the POG doesn't show diddley squat either so I can't rely on that. Does anyone have a process or any nifty little tricks for putting them up and taking them down?

I had a problem with the baby monitors earlier too because only 4 displays fit on a 4' shelf but some of the locations are like N12(5) 1-3-8 which would be the 8th spot on a 4' shelf... Doesn't make a whole lot of sense to me. I thought maybe the display counted as like the first spot and the info card sign might count as the second, but some of the display labels don't show locations while their info cards do... And on top of that, a few of the displays that do have locations didn't come with info cards. :| AHHH! I don't know.

Unfortunately I had to take tomorrow off for surgery so I have to finish the displays on Monday before our cosmetics set... So far my plan when I come in is to print the line listing for everything and research every class 94 display to see what I have and what I'm missing. If a display is up that I'm actually able to scan and it isn't on the line listing then I'm going to sweep it. Doesn't help much for the displays that don't have anything to scan though... Any advice would be great! Thanks!

Using the transition manual is a great idea. You could also put up the info/fact tag signs in place since they have pictures on them; then you could compare with what you have.

For the baby monitors, I noticed the displays did scan out weird. Mine scanned as all odd numbers (1-3-3, 1-3-5, 1-3-7, and 1-3-9). So I just put them in that order. As long as you have them all on the shelf, signed correctly, with no holes, the exact order won't matter too much. As the Signing TM you are really the only one dealing with them anyway.

I completely agree! Having to take the time to scan all the NCF displays in the defectives app was such a pain in the ass this week.
Yeah, I couldn't get a pda to scan in ncf if a dtl visit depended on it. I match to the appendix and line listing. Plus any dpci change stickers I've yet to dole out. Works decent.

I'm up to four pallets. Plus a pallet of 16in shelves? Mostly pouf bins for the trial focal, dividers, and assorted transcend fixtures.

If you download the Infants Transition Manual to your smart phone you actually can search it. A lot of the old displays that I have are from the old display process and don't scan at all.

So what I do is I enter the sellable dpci on the fact tag and it pops up on my manual next to the new dpci and then I can arrange it as needed or toss it if needed.

Printing it out it's just a pain because it's 75 pages long and you're going to spend more time searching through it than actually using it.

If you download the Infants Transition Manual to your smart phone you actually can search it. A lot of the old displays that I have are from the old display process and don't scan at all.

So what I do is I enter the sellable dpci on the fact tag and it pops up on my manual next to the new dpci and then I can arrange it as needed or toss it if needed.

Printing it out it's just a pain because it's 75 pages long and you're going to spend more time searching through it than actually using it.
Download? I gots me a color copy...only thing my pptl does right by me. She will forgo one herself so I have paperwork in color to share with the pog team.

in the future its not a bad idea to grab a portable printer and print out Monarch labels to put in an easy to scan, but out of site area on a display. It cancels out A LOT of detective work (especially since all of our Display's had their DPCI's change in the last year.)

Why wait until 1/22 to set Naturals? It's due this week. There's so much hair clearance... just pull the clearance out to end caps, flex in the CF salon hair brands into the empty space and set and move Naturals. We set ours last week since our expansion kit and fixtures arrived last week. I understand not all stores may be able to set ahead (we will be done with 1/22 hair tomorrow. D37 already done, and 75% done with D52) but at a minimum you should be able to complete 1/15 this week - hopefully! Good luck!

Started 1st day of cosmetics. I sorted all the packets by sign size to save me from having all the sign holders on the floor at the same time. I didnt recieve hardly any of the large signs or 12x12 signs. Scanned through all the old signs, nothing.

Anyone else coming up short?

Started 1st day of cosmetics. I sorted all the packets by sign size to save me from having all the sign holders on the floor at the same time. I didnt recieve hardly any of the large signs or 12x12 signs. Scanned through all the old signs, nothing.

Anyone else coming up short?

So far I'm missing one or two brands of headers, an entire pog of strip signs, and some large fixtures that didn't get sent.

Anyone else having a problem with their Old Cosmetics headers having their Shadow, literally burned onto the Cover of the Lit Headers? it is particularly noticeable when all the Headers are black.

YES. And not only can you not order just the front (to my knowledge), I just ordered a replacement for one we were missing and it took 2 full months to show up.
Meanwhile we have bounce back on Friday!o_O

Let me tell you what the motherfuckers at my store did.

They pushed and pushed for us to set all of hair care along with cosmetics this week.

So they cannibalized my signing hours to help set cosmetics. I've been spending everyday helping set instead of handling signing issues.

I was fine with it because I figured I would have time next week to catch up.

Then the bitches that "run" the store cut our hours next week.

We'll, fuck that shit. I'm not playing that game. No one to clean up the mess we are leaving behind day after day in the fixture room.

Sorry for the rant. But it's such a scam. I'm tired of bending over and getting fucked up the ass to help them.

Why wait until 1/22 to set Naturals? It's due this week. There's so much hair clearance... just pull the clearance out to end caps, flex in the CF salon hair brands into the empty space and set and move Naturals. We set ours last week since our expansion kit and fixtures arrived last week. I understand not all stores may be able to set ahead (we will be done with 1/22 hair tomorrow. D37 already done, and 75% done with D52) but at a minimum you should be able to complete 1/15 this week - hopefully! Good luck!

With the Pog changes we have it is not an efficient use of our time to flex an entire aisle of hair color somewhere else. So naturals is waiting until next week. We were able to set a couple of the smaller 1/22 hair POGs this week to make up for it.

Also, not a lot of stores can work ahead. Some stores (like mine) require following Best Practice which usually makes plano work on the truck for 2 hours every truck. Makes getting thru the workload challenging at times. It really depends on what kind of leadership a store has, so you're pretty lucky you are able to work ahead.

Last edited:
Lol. My store barely gives me signing hours because my yuppie STL thinks my workload is solely based on the ISM update. This week and next week, I have one 8 hour signing shift. The rest is on POG.

Back