MEGATHREAD Signing Tips, Tricks and Quips (along with howls of despair)

It’s my first time in this thread and I have a quick question:

How do I order signage for softlines? We never get the proper signage and our signing TM is basically non-existent so I never get a chance to ask her.

This week will be fun. I need to start building these BTS shippers with no space. I was offered to build on the line.... How the hell am I supposed to build on 2ft(if that) rolling metal belt? Idk why I put up with this shit

Do it in the TL offices. Ours is a big room with a table in the center. Plenty of room and you have ac!

Notebook bins built: ✔
Folder bins built: ✔
Pens/pencils bins built: ✔
All that's left to build is the essentials bin tomorrow!

Maybe it's just me but....I think these are by far the easiest shippers I build all year long. Never have to look at the instructions because they are the same every year.

Last edited:
It’s my first time in this thread and I have a quick question:

How do I order signage for softlines? We never get the proper signage and our signing TM is basically non-existent so I never get a chance to ask her.

Signs can be ordered in SAP using the dpci for each needed sign. However, not everyone has access to order in SAP so you will need to ask your signing tm to do it or find someone else who can.

Have you looked around the signing area to make sure the signs aren't there? ASANTS, but at my store I have a dedicated spot for all softlines signing. Anything I get in goes on those shelves for the softlines team/vm to put out.

Maybe it's just me but....I think these are by far the easiest shippers I build all year long. Never have to look at the instructions because they are the same every year.
How long have you been at it? I was only able to build 4/7 boxes of notebook bins today.

Be sure to let us know how the essentials bin goes. I know that it's the four boxes (one for each section, and one box for signs), and I just want to be sure each box is in fact one section and the pieces aren't intermixed in between each box.

How long have you been at it? I was only able to build 4/7 boxes of notebook bins today.

Ballpark guess: 9 hours in all.

But keep in mind, I've been building these shippers for 8 years now. I could do it in my sleep.

Essentials bin will likely take me 4-6 hours to complete since it's a different design than the dump bins of years past.

I got an entire box with no tape backers lol Had to requisition double sided tape. I feel like they just gave me a pallet of defects

Attachments

• IMG_20180703_064352.jpg
    IMG_20180703_064352.jpg
    3.2 MB · Views: 39
just spent 8.5 hours building bts shippers. i feel like i have that particular shade of yellow seared into my eyeballs lol.

We haven't even started bts. The director is a real peach. I think he has ADHD... not even kidding. He can't focus and we are so far behind in pog and signing. He took all the work away from the lead and it's worse now than it was then....really bad day.

Signs can be ordered in SAP using the dpci for each needed sign. However, not everyone has access to order in SAP so you will need to ask your signing tm to do it or find someone else who can.

Have you looked around the signing area to make sure the signs aren't there? ASANTS, but at my store I have a dedicated spot for all softlines signing. Anything I get in goes on those shelves for the softlines team/vm to put out.

Thanks for the response!

I have checked out the signing spot in our backroom for softlines, and we only have two or three from the last couple of months, and not even any major ones (I think they were just for intimates). We haven’t had new ones in men’s or RTW since sometime last year.

Has any other store essentially eliminated the signing team member position? Im still technically signing, I just get very few if any signing hours. This wasnt the case before but since we got a new stl, they seem to think its an unnecessary position. Meanwhile signing, displays, and everything else we do isnt getting done and is just piled up.

Has any other store essentially eliminated the signing team member position? Im still technically signing, I just get very few if any signing hours. This wasnt the case before but since we got a new stl, they seem to think its an unnecessary position. Meanwhile signing, displays, and everything else we do isnt getting done and is just piled up.

A few stores in my area did. My store chose to keep me on after how terrible everything has been going at other stores.

This is a very much needed position. If team leads can't even be bothered to look for sales planner signing, I can only imagine what happens when there is a transition. People setting are already on borrowed time trying to set, find a spot for clearance, and do 500 other things. A dedicated person just makes sense.

This is a very much needed position. If team leads can't even be bothered to look for sales planner signing, I can only imagine what happens when there is a transition. People setting are already on borrowed time trying to set, find a spot for clearance, and do 500 other things. A dedicated person just makes sense.

who's gonna build the essentials bin if we aren't here

who's gonna build the essentials bin if we aren't here
See that too. Signing does a ton of shit that people forget about. Building bins, hanging shit from the ceiling, etc. They tried to get me to do signing a few years ago. I’m not to keen on heights so I took a hard pass.

Back