MEGATHREAD Signing Tips, Tricks and Quips (along with howls of despair)

For the love of God, who designed these shitty costumes pogs!?!?

Me and another Plano tm had to adjust or redo every.single.costume.pog. And I ended up using my extra focal toppers to pull the costume accessories off the pegboard below to make room.

Last edited:
Do you guys normally help PTM build/remove gondolas? I've been helping first 2 days of Halloween set and I'm already behind on my overheads. Then I got to deal with 3 pallets of freaking furniture displays in my already tiny signing area.

Do you guys normally help PTM build/remove gondolas? I've been helping first 2 days of Halloween set and I'm already behind on my overheads. Then I got to deal with 3 pallets of freaking furniture displays in my already tiny signing area.

Yes I do. It means he owes me so I get him to help furniture builds.

I redid fixture room today. I may have moved softlines to the most inconvenient place.

Oops

I don't make it a point to help him out but if I am nearby and he needs assistance, I will give him a hand.

The guide says they need two to help. I helped Monday, will finish tomorrow. Overheads for rear and mini yesterday, fos and checklanes friday.

Yes I do. It means he owes me so I get him to help furniture builds.

I redid fixture room today. I may have moved softlines to the most inconvenient place.

Oops
As long as they don't need a (gasp!) ladder to reach it, I'm sure they'll survive. If they do need one, I for see a lot of "ummmmm... backroom? I need help in the fixture room" calls in the future.

I certainly do, but it is more of a scratch your back, you scratch mine. I help them build Gondolas, they fought to get me approved to use a Drill (LMFAO). This Domestics reset that says the PTL is responsible for building all the Furniture Displays? Lol! (My PPTL, is also my stores Flow TL atm, and is not approved to use a Drill, which means it will be on me).

I certainly do, but it is more of a scratch your back, you scratch mine. I help them build Gondolas, they fought to get me approved to use a Drill (LMFAO). This Domestics reset that says the PTL is responsible for building all the Furniture Displays? Lol! (My PPTL, is also my stores Flow TL atm, and is not approved to use a Drill, which means it will be on me).

I'm going to end up building most of ours too. My PTL isn't as adept at building as I am.

For the love of God, who designed these shitty costumes pogs!?!?

Me and another Plano tm had to adjust or redo every.single.costume.pog. And I ended up using my extra focal toppers to pull the costume accessories off the pegboard below to make room.

My favorite are the costumes in the bag, with the metal ring on the hanger hole that are tied to peg hooks that have the metal ball on the end so they won't fit on it. Stoopid af.

As long as they don't need a (gasp!) ladder to reach it, I'm sure they'll survive. If they do need one, I for see a lot of "ummmmm... backroom? I need help in the fixture room" calls in the future.

Hahahaha that sucks! No, nothing needs a ladder. I just moved it to the shelves that JUST SO HAPPEN to be where we like to keep our tubs and/or flats of problems, aka "why do we have these fucking Amazon endcap shippers in that set in October".

My TL worded it best. We've given softlines do many chances and opportunities to kerp their shit clean that they've just blown through all the goodwill we have left. So now it's just "fuck you".

I am happy to have gotten the VM crap in the same shelving section as softlines. So much overlap that I can keep the annoyance to a minimum area.

We got the the same remodel you guys got last year but we are still getting next gen in 2020

What remodel did you get that didn't give NextGen?

My PMT had a drill before he got the new tool set. That drill now currently sits in the fixture room instead of being tossed back.

He helps build because he needs me to help lift the fucking furniture onto the shelf. We trade favors back and forth so often.

Hahahaha that sucks! No, nothing needs a ladder. I just moved it to the shelves that JUST SO HAPPEN to be where we like to keep our tubs and/or flats of problems, aka "why do we have these fucking Amazon endcap shippers in that set in October".

My TL worded it best. We've given softlines do many chances and opportunities to kerp their shit clean that they've just blown through all the goodwill we have left. So now it's just "fuck you".

I am happy to have gotten the VM crap in the same shelving section as softlines. So much overlap that I can keep the annoyance to a minimum area.

What remodel did you get that didn't give NextGen?
A&A 2.0, home innovation and a market remodel.

I've never done entrance door clings before, does that require I go outside before store opens to put them on?

I've never done entrance door clings before, does that require I go outside before store opens to put them on?

No they get hung up on the inside part of the doors. But still a good idea to get them up before store open. Once the store is open, you would have to work around the door opening and closing constantly and you'd get nothing done.

No they get hung up on the inside part of the doors. But still a good idea to get them up before store open. Once the store is open, you would have to work around the door opening and closing constantly and you'd get nothing done.

Got it. Thanks!

These stupid directionals....36" wires don't fit. Wtf?
I'm about to put up directionals as well...What do you mean by "don't fit!? " I was able to put mine up with the 12" and 24" wires with a little finagling, but I did it!

Attachments

• 20180914_085216.jpg
    20180914_085216.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 22
Last edited:
I don't know if it's just me but I notice mysupport is on their "A" game lately. They've been ordering stuff that I've been missing or can't find part #s for and it gets here within a few days or week.

These stupid directionals....36" wires don't fit. Wtf?

I ended up using 12" and 18" or maybe it was 18" and 24". Can't remember from this morning, lol. Those bone arms are cute but they were a pain! Especially with those barb strings added in too. Can't they make the metal part a bit longer so they don't constantly fall out while I'm trying to hang?

No one in my store knew about the focal toppers until I asked them why they didn’t use them.... I showed them the picture someone posted earlier and they were all fasinated. They then “couldn’t find them” so I took a peak and the first box I see says “seasonal focal topper retro fit”

No one in my store knew about the focal toppers until I asked them why they didn’t use them.... I showed them the picture someone posted earlier and they were all fasinated. They then “couldn’t find them” so I took a peak and the first box I see says “seasonal focal topper retro fit”

SMH

Back