MEGATHREAD Signing Tips, Tricks and Quips (along with howls of despair)

I had a discussion with the ETL hr today. I explained that Target doesn't send pallets of signing just for them to sit around for weeks. I also said that when the chickens finally come home to roost with all thos signing not getting done, I won't be held accountable for it since neither I nor anyone else has been scheduled for it. And furthermore, the next signing shift I do get, which I believe will be September 14, Saturday, at 4am, I can't be expected to dig through 5 or 6 pallets of signing for a few signs. No one else is doing that, so why should I be expected to. I also said that our store is missing some piece concerning this, but that I'm working all the shifts I'm scheduled and doing those jobs.

Let's see if nothing happens. But if I wall in on September 14 and have to sort through those pallets, it won't be a good day.

I had a discussion with the ETL hr today. I explained that Target doesn't send pallets of signing just for them to sit around for weeks. I also said that when the chickens finally come home to roost with all thos signing not getting done, I won't be held accountable for it since neither I nor anyone else has been scheduled for it. And furthermore, the next signing shift I do get, which I believe will be September 14, Saturday, at 4am, I can't be expected to dig through 5 or 6 pallets of signing for a few signs. No one else is doing that, so why should I be expected to. I also said that our store is missing some piece concerning this, but that I'm working all the shifts I'm scheduled and doing those jobs.

Let's see if nothing happens. But if I wall in on September 14 and have to sort through those pallets, it won't be a good day.

I'm not being expected to help with the LTO launch so I don't plan on being scheduled for it. The TL isn't too sure about the overhead though. TBD I guess, lol.

This week's signing pallet is currently sitting behind the Halloween signing and new HUGE ism boxes for A&A. Good luck to anyone next week looking for their signing! 🤣🤣🤣🤣

I'm not being expected to help with the LTO launch so I don't plan on being scheduled for it. The TL isn't too sure about the overhead though. TBD I guess, lol.

This week's signing pallet is currently sitting behind the Halloween signing and new HUGE ism boxes for A&A. Good luck to anyone next week looking for their signing! 🤣🤣🤣🤣
There’s a ton of signing direction on the vmg site for the launch. Definitely a lot more detailed than usual I assume because they realized there are some pretty dumb people doing this. The overhead looks easy but they gave so many steps for it.

There’s a ton of signing direction on the vmg site for the launch. Definitely a lot more detailed than usual I assume because they realized there are some pretty dumb people doing this. The overhead looks easy but they gave so many steps for it.

I can't wait to walk in at 4am and act dumb like everyone else. Okay, where's the signing? Oh, somewhere in the store? Prep? We don't do that. We only react. I guess I'll go dig through mountains of unsorted signing pallets until it's time for my break.

I can't wait to walk in at 4am and act dumb like everyone else. Okay, where's the signing? Oh, somewhere in the store? Prep? We don't do that. We only react. I guess I'll go dig through mountains of unsorted signing pallets until it's time for my break.

You know what I like best about this idea? The fact that the LTO signing isn't even on a pallet, lol. Came in a very large oversized box. I hope you have tons of fun digging through those pallets and playing dumb. Seriously. It sounds like spiteful fun and those are some of my favorite parts of my day now. 😁

You know what I like best about this idea? The fact that the LTO signing isn't even on a pallet, lol. Came in a very large oversized box. I hope you have tons of fun digging through those pallets and playing dumb. Seriously. It sounds like spiteful fun and those are some of my favorite parts of my day now. 😁

See, I don't even know that since it's such a huge mess at our store. We've done zero signing. No candle signing is up. The cosmetics only got half set because no one bothered to look on the pallet buried on the third dock for fixtures. It's a Godzilla sized shit show.

See, I don't even know that since it's such a huge mess at our store. We've done zero signing. No candle signing is up. The cosmetics only got half set because no one bothered to look on the pallet buried on the third dock for fixtures. It's a Godzilla sized shit show.

So what happens when you get too much signing for the room? You just start hucking it until you have space again?

So what happens when you get too much signing for the room? You just start hucking it until you have space again?

I don't know. Neither me nor anyone else has been scheduled for 1 minute of signing since the week we set bts. We have two small pallets in the fixture room, one on the fire tunnel, and one buried on the dock.

I told the ETL hr that I'm not going to be held responsible for it either.

Oh well, the bitterness is wearing off since I'm getting 40 hours every week non signing.

See this is the problem when you make "everyone" responsible for everything. No one does it anymore because "everyone" can do it so they assume "someone" will do it. But "someone" is sick of cleaning up after "everyone" and stops. Chaos ensues.

Maybe this is all a human nature experiment we are part of, lol.

Thanks for reminding me - I just posted this story in the signing office:

This is the story of 4 people named: Everybody, Somebody , Anyone and Nobody.
There was an important job to be done and Everybody was sure that Somebody would do it. Anybody could have done it but Nobody did it. Somebody got angry about that, because it was Everybody’s job. Everybody wouldn’t do it . It ended up that Everybody blamed Somebody when Nobody did what Anybody could have.

Wait, did you already receive your LTO ISM? I haven't actually torn open my 2 pallets, but from the looks of it, i'ts just halloween stuff.

Thanks for reminding me - I just posted this story in the signing office:

This is the story of 4 people named: Everybody, Somebody , Anyone and Nobody.
There was an important job to be done and Everybody was sure that Somebody would do it. Anybody could have done it but Nobody did it. Somebody got angry about that, because it was Everybody’s job. Everybody wouldn’t do it . It ended up that Everybody blamed Somebody when Nobody did what Anybody could have.

This is my favorite! Just call me Nobody! 🤣

Wait, did you already receive your LTO ISM? I haven't actually torn open my 2 pallets, but from the looks of it, i'ts just halloween stuff.

It came in with the Halloween pallet. But it wasn't on the pallet because it was WAY too large too fit. Has a pink sticker on it reminding everyone not to set before the launch date.

I don't know. Neither me nor anyone else has been scheduled for 1 minute of signing since the week we set bts. We have two small pallets in the fixture room, one on the fire tunnel, and one buried on the dock.

I told the ETL hr that I'm not going to be held responsible for it either.

Oh well, the bitterness is wearing off since I'm getting 40 hours every week non signing.
Our signing guy just gets scheduled general merchandise - pog. When the pallets come in we make time for him to sort it. It may be a day or two later, but it gets done. Otherwise he helps me set and fill. It’s just the two of us left.

What I look forward to the most is hanging that LTO drum while working around the people and racks beneath me. Yippee.

it'd be interesting but unsurprising if they brought the position back in some form or another. it's absolutely crazy to me how little you guys are getting in terms of hours. i'm still averaging around 20 hours a week just for signing, but it helps tremendously that both my etl and tl see signing as something that shouldn't be neglected lol.
How about a big old 3 hours for the week to get all signing done - laughable

Back