MEGATHREAD Signing Tips, Tricks and Quips (along with howls of despair)

Who's building grills at your store? PML said their not responsible to build anymore but he'll try to help. Presentation is busy as it is, like damn Target cut us some slack! I know our TLs won't do it.
Direction from HQ is that store team is to build all displays, including grill displays. No PML involvement. I will probably end up building everything, like every year.

Does anyone here know how to report CEVA delivering the wrong signing pallet? Our entire pallet was meant for a different store (the wrap has our store number on it, but the packing slip for the pallet says the other store's number.) I could not figure out how to mySupport it and asked a leader to reach out to the other stores to see if we can find our pallet as it contained parts to swap out they heyday focal...

@Sarakiel

Not sure if this is your area but 3 POGs/Aisle for toy transitions are not calling for strips when it should. POG says to print the labels when there are lots of shelves. Pain in the arse to set individual labels. I can try to mysupport but we would be done by the time it gets fixed. Specifically the one for Barbies, Core activities, and Craft activities.

Does anyone here know how to report CEVA delivering the wrong signing pallet? Our entire pallet was meant for a different store (the wrap has our store number on it, but the packing slip for the pallet says the other store's number.) I could not figure out how to mySupport it and asked a leader to reach out to the other stores to see if we can find our pallet as it contained parts to swap out they heyday focal...

When it happened to us, I called the other store to let them we had it just as a courtesy.
Then worked with receiving to make sure it was shipped back under the right catagory so it wouldn't sit in for long before being shipped to them.
I can't remember what the catagory for the message to my support is but it took some searching.
This was years ago so I'm sorry I can't remember.
Just saying it does exist.
But I'm pretty sure it will matter more if the other store that got your stuff makes any effort to fix the problem.
Some are less attentive than others.

@Sarakiel

Not sure if this is your area but 3 POGs/Aisle for toy transitions are not calling for strips when it should. POG says to print the labels when there are lots of shelves. Pain in the arse to set individual labels. I can try to mysupport but we would be done by the time it gets fixed. Specifically the one for Barbies, Core activities, and Craft activities.

Attachments

• IMG_0557.JPG
    IMG_0557.JPG
    1 MB · Views: 39
They already sent the new labels last week. We are moving into beauty tomorrow
"WE", your store must still have a POG team? we is specialty setting beauty. we are trying to set a week out, but due to weather and added truck we are starting a day late! At least with starting early if you fall behind, you don't "really" fall too far behind! lol 🤪

"WE", your store must still have a POG team? we is specialty setting beauty. we are trying to set a week out, but due to weather and added truck we are starting a day late! At least with starting early if you fall behind, you don't "really" fall too far behind! lol 🤪
Yes we still have a pog team . Not to far behind in terms of stating current with workload however beauty freight is starting to come in so the sooner the better . I think my specialty Leader or etl would be losing their minds if they would have to do it .

Yes we still have a pog team . Not to far behind in terms of stating current with workload however beauty freight is starting to come in so the sooner the better . I think my specialty Leader or etl would be losing their minds if they would have to do it .

Hmm... We got more toys strips but they are just duplicates/updated prices of what we already have. It didn't fix the issue I'm having with missing strips for certain POGs that calls for Print labels only.

I think they would have to change that particular POG from Print labels to Use shelf strips in order for the strips to come in.

But it's whatever now, we should be done with toys today.

They already sent the new labels last week. We are moving into beauty tomorrow

BTW how is your store managing Beauty set with dividers? Do you have enough adhesives or are you using gen3 pushers, or magnetic? Can't order any so it's going to look like dog poo.

Long Canoe Clips (Bag/50) is 4436130
Not sure of the others one right now.
Thanks! That helps a lot!
Season 3 Yes GIF by Friends

@Sarakiel

Same at my store. We set without the strips but it seems like it took twice as long. Frustrating for sure.

Week 1 and plans are on track for set so far, but I feel like it's going to take us over a week to finish out setting cosmetics. The last 3 days we've been drowning in beauty freight. Covid cases are up too! I just had to close last night, lots of truck throughout, beauty has 5 u-boats now, o_O

Week 1 and plans are on track for set so far, but I feel like it's going to take us over a week to finish out setting cosmetics. The last 3 days we've been drowning in beauty freight. Covid cases are up too! I just had to close last night, lots of truck throughout, beauty has 5 u-boats now, o_O
Make sure you don’t do the bath back wall unless you have the backer

Yo why did they cut cosmetic set hours so much? It was around 250ish hours down to 77. No way can I set a whole nail care or maybelline aisle in 8 hours. DA FUCK. I realize not much is moving this year, but those fixtures better be staying the same.

Yo why did they cut cosmetic set hours so much? It was around 250ish hours down to 77. No way can I set a whole nail care or maybelline aisle in 8 hours. DA FUCK. I realize not much is moving this year, but those fixtures better be staying the same.

The set hours don't matter. At my store they'd just expect the DBOs to get it all done in their normal shifts while keeiping up with freight. When that inevitably doesn't work leadership would rush through it half-assed at the last minute.

Is it not that way everywhere?

I've already received at least a dozen boxes of more sign holders for cosmetics and we're still more than a week from setting so it doesn't leave me hopeful. It definitely would speed up setting if less fixtures moved around; then I could actually set nailcare & Maybelline AND do the pull on the same day I set each of them.

Back