MEGATHREAD Signing Tips, Tricks and Quips (along with howls of despair)

Our adjacency still shows baby food. I also can’t see Target not selling it. Baby is a big seller. Guests have already been upset with so many of the formulas being out of stock and recalled. Oh the uproar if they quit selling baby food.

Our adjacency still shows baby food. I also can’t see Target not selling it. Baby is a big seller. Guests have already been upset with so many of the formulas being out of stock and recalled. Oh the uproar if they quit selling baby food.

Did you check set workload if their's a baby food POG or just the Zebra? If it's just the Zebra I suspect it is not active in the system yet because baby transition is still a few weeks off. Usually POGs 3 weeks out are sometimes not active yet but will show in set workload, so check that instead.

I know, ASANTS, but I’m looking for a majority - Answer please:

Do your presentation experts backstock ?

I know this has been asked and answered before but I would like a more recent answer in case things have changed.

The problems I am having are:
1. Backroom is packed to the gills
2. DBO’s are pushed to empty boxes of freight and FILL the shelves
3. No one has time to backstock so overpush is RIDICULOUS on the salesfloor
Example - if 1 or 2 fit you can expect to find 10-20 of the exact same item overpushed.

when the presentation team gets an aisle back to ‘perfect’ we will push 100 items into the correct spots and have over 200 to backstock.
Every day we fall farther behind.

This week we have 50 hours work, 30 hours scheduled and I bet we will have at least 15 hours of backstock - Seriously 3 hours per day. I’m at the end of my rope with trying to get the entire workload clean, set, re-pushed, signed, fill batch pulled & pushed, data accuracy scanned and all the excess back stocked ! Even the easy aisles are taking 4 hours.

I know, ASANTS, but I’m looking for a majority - Answer please:

Do your presentation experts backstock ?

I know this has been asked and answered before but I would like a more recent answer in case things have changed.

The problems I am having are:
1. Backroom is packed to the gills
2. DBO’s are pushed to empty boxes of freight and FILL the shelves
3. No one has time to backstock so overpush is RIDICULOUS on the salesfloor
Example - if 1 or 2 fit you can expect to find 10-20 of the exact same item overpushed.

when the presentation team gets an aisle back to ‘perfect’ we will push 100 items into the correct spots and have over 200 to backstock.
Every day we fall farther behind.

This week we have 50 hours work, 30 hours scheduled and I bet we will have at least 15 hours of backstock - Seriously 3 hours per day. I’m at the end of my rope with trying to get the entire workload clean, set, re-pushed, signed, fill batch pulled & pushed, data accuracy scanned and all the excess back stocked ! Even the easy aisles are taking 4 hours.

Short answer: yes, at my store we are expected to backstock.

Long answer: it doesn't make me feel better that you are experiencing the same shit show we are. Between the overstock, poor to non-existent zones, and no room to backstock it's a damn miracle the 3 of us on Plano haven't quit yet. We've spent this week just clearing pallets of transition from the backroom from the last couple weeks. So haven't started any of this week's workload. In our attempts to make any kind of headway we have created 2+ pallets of salvage just from Bullseye backstock and have defected out an absurd amount of last year's Sun Squad which never went clearance. Those aisles are still packed to the ceiling with backstock even after clearing all that out.

We just caught up on ISM after weeks and we almost never make a specific point to update floor counts outside of when we are backstocking so it doesn't pull again or if we happen to notice it when filling.

I feel your pain. It is my pain too. And it sucks.

Did you check set workload if their's a baby food POG or just the Zebra? If it's just the Zebra I suspect it is not active in the system yet because baby transition is still a few weeks off. Usually POGs 3 weeks out are sometimes not active yet but will show in set workload, so check that instead.
For food yes. It is ticketless clearance and has been and the rest of it is marked as discontinued in myDay. The pog has a discontinue date of the transition. No pog in set workload to replace it, and not on adjacency.

As mentioned in the original post which would answer many of the things here is that formula (not food) had a replacement pog and appears to be something that will carry forward but currently is not on the adjacency posted for the transition

What’s expected and what the process is the answer Is no. Sets are pulls not backstock . As for beauty is neither pulling or backstock /

For food yes. It is ticketless clearance and has been and the rest of it is marked as discontinued in myDay. The pog has a discontinue date of the transition. No pog in set workload to replace it, and not on adjacency.

As mentioned in the original post which would answer many of the things here is that formula (not food) had a replacement pog and appears to be something that will carry forward but currently is not on the adjacency posted for the transition
What did they put in place of food on the adjacency? You said it was 6 sections so they had to expand something to make up for taking that out.

After setting a POG, were expected to pull the 141s and do our backstock.
I’m a Fulfillment team member who helps out with POGs about once a week. I always check my SFQ/SFCs followed by 141s and back stocking. I rarely get this all done in the recommended time on the POG but I’d rather do it right the first time that rush to meet the time and dump the remaining work on the DBO. The POG leader is very supportive of doing it this way. Guess I’m lucky

I’m a Fulfillment team member who helps out with POGs about once a week. I always check my SFQ/SFCs followed by 141s and back stocking. I rarely get this all done in the recommended time on the POG but I’d rather do it right the first time that rush to meet the time and dump the remaining work on the DBO. The POG leader is very supportive of doing it this way. Guess I’m lucky
I'm the same way. It may take extra time to correct all the counts but it will save time later by having the 141s come out correctly. Plus my boss expects us to do it.

This baby transition is massive. 70% is moving to different sections or aisles, even our old backwall display area.. Formula and baby food is flipping, that's going to be fun.

On top of that there's an error where one of the POGs is calling for pegs on the gear display area which has no way of adding a backboard.

Back