MEGATHREAD Signing Tips, Tricks and Quips (along with howls of despair)

If possible, would anyone mind posting pictures of their signing area? I'm looking into news ways of organization to better streamline my processes. (I.e. how can team members come into my area and easily find what they are looking for?)

Oh my gosh TargetOldTimer, that's amazing! The softlines bars and fencing look great! I wish my store had that stuff organized in the fixture room.

Great way to hang the softlines bars

After I saw the earlier post of those pictures I went in and rearranged my fixture room accordingly.
Made a big difference.

Two things frustrated me though,

A ) I couldn't give credit to the person who deserved it (because hey you know, it came from here)
B ) They promptly started putting bars on any old rack rather than sorting them by size

we switched over to the new ad set up. For the signs we didn't put up we had to force them out. What's the difference between using normal takedown and forcing?

Forcing happens when you start before 10pm Saturday night, it adds three extra steps to do a sign. Hurts your signing score.
Normal is after 10pm, scan the sign after entering location & done.

Forced takedown is used when revisions delete sale items, or when resets move items from one aisle to another. In my experience though, it's mostly ignored because who has the time.

can i just say i always and forever hate the floor lighting aisle

Building the lamps or setting the planogram?
My problem wasn't that either one was all that hard (except the time when I shattered the bowl on one of the lamps), just that they took time to do correctly and the PTL never could seem to understand that.

can i just say i always and forever hate the floor lighting aisle

Building the lamps or setting the planogram?
My problem wasn't that either one was all that hard (except the time when I shattered the bowl on one of the lamps), just that they took time to do correctly and the PTL never could seem to understand that.

yes, this.

and its like - oh, there were 25 lamps to build, okay, why aren't you done? what do you mean you can't just tack that into the last hour of your day? plano needs to move on.....

ugh

Forcing happens when you start before 10pm Saturday night, it adds three extra steps to do a sign. Hurts your signing score.
Normal is after 10pm, scan the sign after entering location & done.

I've never had to do "force takedown" and at any store I've been at ad takedown starts at 9 pm if not earlier.

I've never had to force takedown either. At my store, we never start before 10PM - does your store close at 10 instead of 11? If so, that could be the reason.

Hi everyone

I got a question about signing on the price audit tool.

Whose suppose to do that? Is it signing ISM or signing promotional?

Or signing ism and signing promotional is the same person?

thanks

Back