MEGATHREAD Signing Tips, Tricks and Quips (along with howls of despair)

Question: We started the all push process in April. EVERYONE does truck, including me. So that's 12 hours a week. And, we can't come in until 7am. (Except Sunday I guess. They come in at 6am.) I have expressed my concerns to 2 team leads and 2 ETL's about how I am supposed to set swaths of signing over the aisles while people are shopping. Blank stares. I asked if we could at least work one overnight or something. No. I love that it is my responsibility to work safely, but they hand tie me with this restriction. We have one entrance. Do I just block the whole entrance while I put up the signing. I actually prebuilt the electronics beacon thing and carried all the prebuilt pieces two by two to the area today. It was a nightmare putting up that tree with little old ladies walking underneath it before it was fully secured.

At my wits end.

Completed all the pre building, hung some overheads over the focals, installed the wrapping paper focal and built all next weeks shippers/focal tables that came in today. Feeling real good about where I am. I'm thinking I should be 100% by the end of this week.

Question. Did anyone get a box specifically for the FOS? At this point, I'm assuming the FOS is just a swag? ???

Doesn't it seem odd that there isn't signing that says "Merry Christmas" or something like that? Maybe it will be added closer to December.......

4 bow fixtures came in 1 flat box. I found mine on the floor in the stockroom, so check to see if they were backstocked.

We got the tape fixtures, but that is product, not signing or fixtures. Ours were all on 1 pallet in receiving. Again, scan the Assortment label on the plano strip to see if it was backstocked.

Worked O/N on the overheads. I was lucky enough to have a helper. We put up all 13 swags, checklane Thanksgiving signs, Electronics boat overheads, and all the mini seasonal signs/overheads. I had 4 complete sets of swags left over. ?? (not on my map)

I hope no one is getting bored of me posting sign set up times, but I find it really helpful when others post times so I can plan out my week, so I hope you do too.

I did 15 swags and I did 2am-10am shift for 3days.

Is the tree in the electronics boat really that low? mine is like 7 ft from the ground and it only has a 6inch hanging thingy

Our seasonal is done and our mini seasonal just 2 more aisles.

yeah my electronics overhead is in the same spot, but I thought it would be better to have it over the counter than watching every guest jump and try to slap it lol

what's the point of as advertised signs. It's not a price cut or anything, so why bother putting them up?

I walked the entire RTW adjacency, corrected all the signs. I then pulled every location label off every table and renumbered each one correctly, 2 heavy location numbers on the outside of every rack, 2 scannable location labels on the inside or table top of each. Then I taped them in. I swear I'm hunting down whoever pulls them off again. Took me 7 hours, but I am at a good starting point. With the hours cut so bad, I figure I'll try and do one department from top to bottom a week.

Oh, and I am using lots of Target Speak when dealing with the tl. Hope I can keep this up until next year.....

I'm pretty savvy on numbering softlines.

1. number the gondolas first. (kids, & mens) In Jewelry, number the counter first, then the gondolas.
2. number the tables.
3. number the walls. The location number changes every time a wall curves, but doesn't if the break is because of a door.
4. number all the convertibles, & trend tables.
5. Do not number high capacity or quads.
6. Number poles in the department last, you can then tie any wayward planogrammed quad. (usually only in infants and girls)

Oh and I found that cosmetic valence part number and I emailed myself the part number, but I get home and no email??. I'm thinking it was MF1245. SAPP search engine is vastly improved over TIPP, so it gives you all the parts associated with it.

I didn't find the camera boat generic sign(i know there is one), but found a generic for phones that could easily be cut down. 4289889.

Actually, labeling in softlines has a best practice. First locate the yellow adjacency and number accordingly. It will tell you back walls, gondolas, and in infants, the tables. Next label all the tables followed by convertibles. Lastly quads are to be tied to the back wall section they are within.

Every store has an M1 map and that is what I use. Everything is numbered on that, except for convertibles and quads.

We use the number 50 (example; L50, section 1, 2, 3, etc.)to tie quads since of late so many planograms are set on quads. By tying them to the back wall, you run into the problem of multiple ties and showing up as a error on the report.

On another note, has anyone else received communication to remove all sign stanchions and the Starbucks banner from the entrance area? We were told it was a corp decision, but I think it's just our DTL being picky.

Back