Starbucks Team Leaders

At least I'm not the only one feeling the burn. I think my etls are noticing it can't be done. I haven't been in grocery in a couple of weeks. So now I'll have a shift over lol. Cafe is the least of my worries buht I'm still scheduled there. It's funny I was helping a guest tonight and it turned out to be my sms wife. I joking said are you spying on me!?! And she just laughed hopefully that gets me some good buzz lol. But yea it's been hard but At least I'm not alone!

I'm lucky that all they gave me was Cafe. This move was definitely not one of Target's smartest ideas and now with food being a major focus I don't understand how they expect new Food TLs to affectively manage Starbucks, Cafe, and Market. Starbucks alone is a beast to learn. I can't see newbies being able to succeed without lots of ETL support. I honestly think I would have quit if they gave me Market as well.

We got a new DM at the same time as the changes. She has been with Starbucks for a few years. She was not happy at all. The only recourse they have is to use the NNC, as they have no say in how Target Starbucks are staffed. It seems to be based on Target store volume whether you have Food TL, or Food Service TL.

I was told in February that Starbucks would be combining with Market. I was told that I would work no more than 1 shift per week in Starbucks. My STL was reading from a Target document. I think your store knew what was changing.

I am also a SR. so there are weeks when I am LOD 4 or 5 days. My team is used to running without me being behind bar.

My best advice is:
1. Schedule. Make sure your needs are communicated to whomever makes your schedule. New sets, promotions, when you order and when it arrives. Mytime has no clue. Ask to go over the schedule before it posts. Verify that you are getting all of your allocated hours--be a squeaky wheel on this.

2. Train your team to do everything without you. They can do the sets and put away the order. Train 1 or 2 of them to order and do inventory. I haven't done the weekly order in a long time.

I think we will see an increase in NNCs over the summer. Baristas will become frustrated by the lack of support, and start to leave, and without a consistent leader presence, Food TL stores will struggle to maintain standards. I'm not sure Target will care enough to realign departments. I hope they will.

PS. When you explain that you need training hours to get a barista trained on ordering, have the order guide printed. When ETL says no, hand him the guide and ask him to order with no training--worked for me.

I was told that I would work no more than 1 shift per week in Starbucks. My STL was reading from a Target document.

the old contract with starbucks was that that starbucks tl had to work i think 4 days a week under starbucks. new contract is they are required to have just one shift a week.

as to training, i have a very good relationship with etl hr. once they understand the requirements for training they're supportive. we used to throw green beans to work with good people and hope everything was good.

I've honestly thought about doing that but I don't even think the previous to was add certified.... I was talking about it to her and she was iffy about it lol. It's annoying cause they came out of left with it when I've been brining it up for the past 2 months. Are other stores this crazy with hours?
they should have some ast certified binders around. we have a bunch from past people who left. i'm not going to be permanent here so i just wanted to make sure i can fake it past it.

certainly learn the starbucks terminology. i was big on lets do things the correct way, don't care about things like latte model or beverage routine. dm really cared we could explain those terms.

Question guys!

I'm having a hard time with the grocery versus Starbucks tug and pull at store. I am the TL in charge of both and was never really full informed or trained on the full changes going on and that I would be overseeing more and more of grocery.

Cut to today where I'm told that I will eventually be owning all of grocery including dry. I would also be working 34 hours a week in Consumables and 6 hours in bux. Behind the bar, closing the store on my closing night to work. Of course I had objections to this. Where was time for the Starbucks load, where was the time for my cleaning? Sirens eye? Training on new promos? Anything? I was told "we need the team to cut the cord and have the team be less reliant on you".

So now I don't know what to do. I don't want to own grocery and never did. And was never fully explained what was happening in my roles. I want to be with my team where my passion and love is, and I feel it's unfair I only get 6 hours. No where near enough to maintain Starbucks standards. What to do?

I'm in a similar spot, but I have always owned market and love it. Starbucks is fine, but I've been losing people and we got put into non-compliance. Just filled enough spots to get out of it, but the newbies are still in training. My food team people are all suddenly having terrible attendance so that's a huge deal, but then so is training my Sbux people, and on top of that cafe is always having some issue or another. We're supposed to set our own salesplans in market, but I can't even get more than one person to show up to push all of the dry market most days so getting research and salesplans done is laughable. I get one day in market and sbux each most weeks, then LOD shifts the rest. No one else in my store gets it, and my STL is on my back about everything constantly. I am so sorry you got put into this without them telling you what all would go into it.

I'm meeting with my DM tomorrow to finally do my AST (cause I've had so much time to go through it...), but with my ETL and STL coming to the meeting as well I know they will try and brush anything I say under the rug as usual. Food TL is a beast with no support.

Food TL is a beast with support. It is impossible without it. Have all of your numbers, and a copy of the dashboard. DM might be able to shame them into giving a bit more support.

I seen on Starbucks app that they are now offering the ombré pink drink...when did it come out? I didn't receive any information on it..so should I just write it on a chalkboard so people know they can order it?

As delicious as it is gorgeous. This refreshing Ombre Pink Drink combines our light, fruity Cool Lime Starbucks Refreshers™ Beverage with cool, creamy coconutmilk and a splash of Teavana® Shaken Iced Passion Tango™ Tea, for a bright burst of hibiscus notes.

As delicious as it is gorgeous. This refreshing Ombre Pink Drink combines our light, fruity Cool Lime Starbucks Refreshers™ Beverage with cool, creamy coconutmilk and a splash of Teavana® Shaken Iced Passion Tango™ Tea, for a bright burst of hibiscus notes.
You forgot the sarcasm font.

Back