1. The Break Room is NOT an official service of Target Corp.
    This is a site run by regular people who are off the clock.
    We do not perform any HR related services, or affect any internal information regarding Target.
    Dismiss Notice

Starbucks Team Leaders

Discussion in 'Leadership' started by CoquiAzul, May 1, 2015.

1. Asuras

Asuras Active Member

Is the protein powder required for the smoothies?

2. Pelon1071

Pelon1071     

Well it's on the card. But I've seen people ask for them PR so technically no it's not.

3. Yetive

Yetive Servant of 2 Masters

Yes, you need the protein.

Xanatos likes this.
  4. CoquiAzul

CoquiAzul Starbucks TL

I hated the old smoothies. They just tasted horrible to me especially the SS.

Yetive likes this.
  5. Xanatos

Xanatos Starbucks TL

Yeah but I HATE ordering the evolution strawberry juice. We'll get it and it expires in two weeks at best, and sometimes it's just lost in the dairy cooler somewhere so we don't get it right away so we might have two or three days. Either way, we've probably thrown away an average of 6 bottles per month in the last few months, so I'm glad to see it go. And I can't remember the last time we finished a container of yogurt. And at least we'll get some use out of the protein powder again, although it's still a huge waste.

redeye58 and Yetive like this.
  6. Pelon1071

Pelon1071     

Really? I really like the classic smoothies, especially the ss.

7. Asuras

Asuras Active Member

Are we going to get the Egg Bites with the bacon wrapped around it or just the Egg White & Roasted Red Pepper?

8. Yetive

I'm not sure. We hadn't gotten them by Friday, and I had the weekend off. :D

CoquiAzul likes this.
  9. CoquiAzul

CoquiAzul Starbucks TL

The addendum said we are only carrying the veggie egg bites.

Yetive likes this.
  10. Noiinteam

Noiinteam Well-Known Member

Snap! I guess I'll have to venture to Starbucks to try the other ones. Gonna miss our discounts.

redeye58, Yetive and Hardlinesmaster like this.
  11. Yetive

My new set is kind of pathetic. I didn't get much, and had none of the Xmas carry forward stuff that is called for. I ended up keeping the baskets on the bottom shelf of each cube. And I think we have too many grab 'n go snacks.

12. redeye58

redeye58 Hasta Ba Rista, Baby!

Same here.
    We didn't get everything & we had NONE of the hot cocoa left (as opposed to LAST year when we couldn't GIVE it away) so yeh, we did the basket thing too.
    Did anyone try some of those snacks?
    Most of them were blah to meh but the little fruit bits were just nasty.

Yetive and Xanatos like this.
  13. Yetive

I haven't tried them, and the cartwheel hasn't really been helping sell them.

14. radiochu

radiochu Active Member

on the updated pastry signage, the cake pops aren't listed as 2-for anymore. does that mean we're not doing that deal anymore? not having to remember to price change cake pops in multiples would be... amazing.

15. Yetive

Register always did it for us.

Hardlinesmaster and redeye58 like this.
  16. redandkhaki

redandkhaki Well-Known Member

I'm off today and freaking out BC my DM sent me a text saying she stopped in to check my promo and has some compliance/standard concerns and would be emailing me the documentation tonight. I have no idea what it could be and I'm so worried we're in trouble.

17. Yetive

My guess would be someone out of uniform behind bar, or closed for a break. Once they see something wrong, they will start to dig. Make a plan quickly about what you will do to resolve the situation. I don't think they want to put us on compliance if they don't have to.

18. Pelon1071

Pelon1071     

Do Starbucks TLs have to go through additional coffee knowledge training? Because the TL at my old store seemed very confused when I tried to start a dialog about the different preparations of coffee (washed, semi-washed, etc.). I know that's more knowledge than the average barista knows, but I'd expect someone like a TL to know some of that basic-advance knowledge.

19. Xanatos

Xanatos Starbucks TL

We're supposed to know that in the same sense that the cashiers should push the additional assistance button the instant the lines get past 1+1 or how the sales floor zone should be green at all times. Should we know it? Absolutely. Is it worth our time to know it? Nope.

20. Pelon1071

Pelon1071     

That seems to be the biggest difference between "corporate" and "licensed" where corporate SMs push hard to learn all that stuff, it's the only way to move up from basic barista. But I might just be a bigger coffee snob than I think. lol.

Xanatos likes this.