Starbucks Team Leaders

Don't like CLR, don't like coconut, not crazy about passion tea. Probably not a good one for me.

is there any consistent way to charge for things that aren't on the register? ie someone wanted a cup of whipped cream. splitting a frapp isn't a big deal but they wanted a fully dressed smores frapp with lots of whip cream. or refereshers with tea/lemonade instead of water?

Don't like CLR, don't like coconut, not crazy about passion tea. Probably not a good one for me.
sb is quickly learning call it something cool and make it look pretty people will order it because they can post it to social media and be cool. they don't care about how it tastes.

i think it would taste better with the very berry base, just no inclusions.

I do not split fraps. I think this is a Starbucks policy. Add juice for lemonade. Sbux apparently doesn't charge for whip. I will give them a sample cup full. I had 1 lady order a whole cup and I charged her for add soy.

is there any consistent way to charge for things that aren't on the register? ie someone wanted a cup of whipped cream. splitting a frapp isn't a big deal but they wanted a fully dressed smores frapp with lots of whip cream. or refereshers with tea/lemonade instead of water?
Somehow, I have the exact opposite opinion. A cup of whipped cream isn't such a big deal - kind of annoying, but whatever. Refreshers are expensive enough, so I've never bothered figuring out a way to charge for tea or lemonade in them; tea and lemonade are both really really cheap anyway. But splitting fraps? I hate that. They're just trying to get two drinks for the price of one and I'm not having that.

Is the new drink the Ombre Pink Drink (got the card today)? Or is it yet another drink?

Has it always said that we need enough LVM trained leaders to have one in the store at all times Starbucks is open? I noticed it on the dashboard this time.

So what is everyone's store protocol when the opener calls out? My 6 am opener (64 year old, my best barista) called yesterday afternoon (I was there but LOD didn't even mention this to me), because she was in the hospital and wouldn't be able to to call after that point. According the closing email, the LOD told her to call again in the morning............

Roll to this morning when I came in at 8 am. Morning ETLs were confused as to why the lights were off and asked me why I wasn't open when the store opened (we open at 7 am).....

My face -> -_-

Well, if someone calls the day before, the LOD will put it in the closing notes, not make them call again. Depending on the area and hours, they will try to replace the shift. In the situation you mention, they would have at least called you to come in to open.

Has it always said that we need enough LVM trained leaders to have one in the store at all times Starbucks is open? I noticed it on the dashboard this time.
Never heard of that. I was the only person in my district (9 stores) to ever take it, I think, and I just did it so we would have someone keyed. I've never had an ETL take it, let alone enough to make sure we always have someone in the store with it. That would require every LOD to take it.

So what is everyone's store protocol when the opener calls out? My 6 am opener (64 year old, my best barista) called yesterday afternoon (I was there but LOD didn't even mention this to me), because she was in the hospital and wouldn't be able to to call after that point. According the closing email, the LOD told her to call again in the morning............

Roll to this morning when I came in at 8 am. Morning ETLs were confused as to why the lights were off and asked me why I wasn't open when the store opened (we open at 7 am).....

My face -> -_-
I'm not a TL anymore (long story, but it was my choice), but my store's protocol was generally to text me to let me know and then I would figure out who could cover it, which was me 90% of the time. The actual best practice is probably for them to start calling/asking people who can cover it as soon as they find out about the call off, but I'd rather do it for my own peace of mind.

I'm not a TL anymore (long story, but it was my choice), but my store's protocol was generally to text me to let me know and then I would figure out who could cover it, which was me 90% of the time. The actual best practice is probably for them to start calling/asking people who can cover it as soon as they find out about the call off, but I'd rather do it for my own peace of mind.
I just wished they had done anything. Just frustrating that they weren't even aware no one was in Starbucks (openers get in between 6:15am or 6:30am), until an hour after store opens.

@Asuras, if you aren't worried about your team going crazy texting, it's not the worst idea for them to have your number. And that is ridiculous that nobody noticed.
Trust me I know, my entire team has my number and I have theirs. She is the only one I don't have. She did what she was suppose to do. This time, it fell on the ETLs to do theirs and they failed to.

If my direct ETL and HR heard you say that, they would flip out. I already get flak about it because they know my team has my number. Well, if they do their jobs. My team wouldn't be asking me for help.

Lol, ETLs ask me to text the cross trained ones to come in for shifts in their non Sbux areas.

Everyone in our FA & SB has the TL's number & quite a few of us have each other's numbers.
Many of us long-timers are cross-trained in both areas so we could set up in a pinch.
There are 3-4 of us that have pretty open avail so we're usually on the short list when something happens.

Back