Starbucks Team Leaders

I'm hearing this from a lot of stores.
Starbucks was always the bucktoothed love-child at my store & E2E has only made it worse.
The only time we were noticed was when we had a red Steritech visit & leadership came down even harder on us.
Fortunately our last TL trained many of us to handle orders, set up promotions, put in work orders & the like so we could keep our heads above water but sometimes we HAVE to have support from leadership & that's still a struggle.
things have been shitty at starbucks since i got here years ago. we were on non compliance when i took it over, and in a really bad situation. what really got us green was convincing leadership this is what starbucks expects from our contract. many stores look at starbucks to save payroll and cover cafe breaks so they lose more hours.

once i explained how starbucks training works, what they expected, what's needed, they gave me my full payroll. they gave me a lot of training shifts that it should be, off stage and not normal coverage.

i mean its pretty basic. want a red work center to stop being red? stop stealing hours from them.

i mean its pretty basic. want a red work center to stop being red? stop stealing hours from them.
QFT but it hasn't stopped our leadership from skimming our hours when we need them most.
Our SBDM seldom comes in so they feel even less inclined to give us the payroll we need.
Pallets have been getting bigger because of all the drink roll-outs & very few have been dropped so we have even more supplies to stock to keep up with drinks whose popularity has yet to wane.

Since Target isn't doing the 30% markdown until Sept. 6th. We don't have to worry about setting the signs up for tomorrow right?

Also, have you guys received the big mail pack with the fall menu boards yet?

Look through through my small fall mail pack. I'm missing a new TurboChef Card. It was mentioned in the Fall addendum that we should have received one. Did you guys receive one?

Last edited:
Since Target isn't doing the 30% markdown until Sept. 6th. We don't have to worry about setting the signs up for tomorrow right?

Also, have you guys received the big mail pack with the fall menu boards yet?

Look through through my small fall mail pack. I'm missing a new TurboChef Card. It was mentioned in the Fall addendum that we should have received one. Did you guys receive one?
Have not received the new sirens eye package yet. Glad I’m not the only one I was getting a bit worried it usually arrives a couple weeks before. But it’s available on workbench if you want to have a look.

When it arrives if it doesn’t contain oven card I would go ahead and email your licensed Starbucks DM so they can figure that out or contact a neighboring store.

Did the java chips numbers change? I ordered 3 and nothing came in =/ do they come in through Dec or back to starbucks

Did the java chips numbers change? I ordered 3 and nothing came in =/ do they come in through Dec or back to starbucks
I think there’s an outage. I’ve ordered 6 cases in the last few weeks and I’ve received none. We’re on our last container now. I know it comes on the FDC truck for summer months so I’ve been trying to order it every few days or so and hope for the best.

Does anyone have the pumpkin spice sauce DCPI? I was going to order more for next week but it isn't on the order guide that was printed for me.

New order guide ties next week.

254 16 0119

Pro tip--check the TINV. The ingredients are pretty much always on there.

Last edited:
Thanks!

Okay, I have quite a few more, pretty random, questions. They are having me do AST but there is no one to be the trainer, so I am confused about some areas. The information in the support binder is years old. ☹

It mentioned skill check for routines and store operations assessments but I am not sure where to find those.

I also only have the beverage resource manual. Where can I get the other manuals, iI think they are Store Cleanliness Equiptment Maintenance and Food and Pastry.

What would a duty roster or customer service metrics be considered and where could I find them, as it applies to us at Target?

I'm trying to reach out to Tls at different stores but haven't had much luck yet.

The training hasn't been so hard but for those parts I wish there was someone to act as a trainer.

I think there’s an outage. I’ve ordered 6 cases in the last few weeks and I’ve received none. We’re on our last container now. I know it comes on the FDC truck for summer months so I’ve been trying to order it every few days or so and hope for the best.
I mysupported this yesterday. I haven't gotten any chocolate for a month. We should get them through Starbucks during the winter. I think someone from Target needs to change it from FDC to Starbucks. I had this same issue last year (until I mysupported it).

Because half the year down here is too hot to ship chocolate products (java chips, chocolate grahams, choc bites, etc) we always ordered heavy (16-24 cases) in the spring & hope we had enough to tide us over.
The ordering caps may kill that plan next spring.

@Starbucksista you can search for the Lisenced Stores Operations Manual on WB. The most recent one is 2015. You may need to contact your DM about the store cleanliness one. That is the best, most useful one.
There is a new AST training coming, but the last one I certified was on the old one. The knowledge and skill checks are at the back of each module. We don't have Duty Roster. It is a combo of deployment and the cleaning and temp logs. Customer service metrics are now on a separate website. Starbuckscereport.com. Your DM would have the password.
Good Luck, and keep asking us questions here!

Where I am they actually auto-ship us around 25 cases of chips to last us through summer. At my old store it was the same too. We usually run out right before winter.

Well, I have trained others, but without that designation. We only have a few Sbux in our district, and the closest is 30+ miles away. Plus side, it's great recognition for you, and can help you develop your mentoring skills. Downside, can take time and focus from your own team and store.

Back