Starbucks Team Leaders

I have trained other TL's already so I'm used to that.. when I was a TM my TL was district trainer so I was responsible for a lot of that training as AST. Even when I did my TL training a year ago I felt like I was training my trainer. (Long story but they had no SBUX experience) Figured it'd be good recognition & hopefully add on to my raise when that time comes so I guess now I get to add district trainer on my resume.

Okay, a couple more small questions. I really appreciate all of the help!

How many different items can be put in one basket? What products are required to have a date sticker?

Okay, a couple more small questions. I really appreciate all of the help!

How many different items can be put in one basket? What products are required to have a date sticker?
Merch baskets? I try to keep like with like, so like cups with cups, popcorn with popcorn and chips, like coffees (ex willow and veranda).

Everything that has an expiration needs to be dated (assuming you’re talking about freshness labels). Pretty much everything except paper products. Pastry wise, all the pastries in case with date and any wrapped pastries. And day dot madeleines and marshmallow bars with a date gun or day dots.

Except for Madeleines and Dream Bars, lobby food and beverages don't get date labels. Also, don't forget to date the sanitizer bottle.

We'll put 2-3 kinds of chips/coffees/tumblers in baskets for contrast & a way to whittle down whatever we have in excess.
As Yetive said, dates on Madeleines, Dream Bars & Megpies (overpriced poptarts).

You all are THE BEST.
thank you so much!

One of the other SBX TMs messaged our old TL to ask where he put the binders and he gave us a few places and we found all of the resource materials.

The facade moms buy maybe 2-3 a month.
You know them: they're always super-conscientious/uber-healthy about what their kids eat when they're out in public or in front of their friends but will let them eat cake pops & chocolate milk for breakfast when they're alone.

Somehow on my vacation our actual pumpkin spice pump has disappeared. :mad: I can't find a DPCI for any of it on workbench, can anyone help me out?

In regards to cleaning the espresso machine. What more can we do to clean it? Never really questioned it and just did what my trainer did and what the existing baristas did when I took over.

- Cleaning tablets
- Clean Grounds Tray
- Scrap metal part of steaming wand of crusted milk
- Dip wand into ice water at night
- Clean water catcher and underneith it
- Clean espresso bean bowl
- Clean all-around the surface of machine
- Wipe where espresso shoots out
- Calibrate shots
- Shoot steam out after every steam

Feels like I need to do more...

Take the plastic piece where the espresso shoots out off the machine, and wash it along with the drip tray and grate. Clean that part before reassembling.
I don't scrape the wand. When opening, fill a pitcher with ice and let it steam without the cover on the wand until the ice is melted. This is not to clean the wand, but the steam holes.
Remove and wash the rack/tray thing on top.
Wipe out the inside of the machine where the grounds drawer goes.
When you take off the drip tray and grate, wipe where the tray goes back on.

With the fall launch, there was a Starbucks Target Standardized Food Assortment Grid. All the Panini were missing from the list. They are still listed on the Fall addendum. Are we still required to serve them?

I work in a Super Target and maybe sell one or two of any kind a day. And usual toss out alot.

I don't scrape the wand. When opening, fill a pitcher with ice and let it steam without the cover on the wand until the ice is melted. This is not to clean the wand, but the steam holes.
I lightly used a green scrub on the metal part of the wand followed by the method you described to clear out the steam jets.
Wiping all gaskets where drip tray drain, etc connect.

With the fall launch, there was a Starbucks Target Standardized Food Assortment Grid. All the Panini were missing from the list. They are still listed on the Fall addendum. Are we still required to serve them?

I work in a Super Target and maybe sell one or two of any kind a day. And usual toss out alot.
talk to your dm. if you're wasting one of each to sell, they usually tell you go with demand. just tell them and they are usually cool. what happens is people don't communicate and they come in and see all that shouldn't be there.

Question.
We are open 7 days a week from 8 am to 9 pm.
Opener comes in at 7:30 am runs around like a chicken with their head cut off to still not be ready to go at 8 am. By ready, I mean that the display case is perfect and everything is 100% done.

How many hours a week are allotted to covering Starbucks at your stores? I guess don't include the TL, unless they are making drinks. We have single person coverage for the first hour (when it is incredibly busy) and single person coverage for about 4 hours during the day. I am fairly certain that the hours are allotted and given to other workcenters. We have no FA.

Your hours would depend on how much business your store does. Your TL's hours would come out of that whether or not he is making drinks. You can check the dashboard for how hours have been used YTD. Taking hours from Starbucks is a favorite sport at Target.

OK. I can figure out how many were used, but how many in a normal week? Every other time I walk into a SBUX in my district, I see 2-3 TM's there. We have a huge store and just 1 TM usually?!

Does anyone have the dpcis for grande/Venti cold cups and g/v flat lids? I may need a few more because another TM lost our order guide, but I for sure need those.

Back