Starbucks Team Leaders

Are you getting what is allocated? Sounds like maybe not.
I checked the dashboard and it is.

During the summer was given 220, right before the holidays it dropped to 210. During holidays 305. For this entire month, 200. Now 170 hours. For Super Bowel Weekend (I'm in Minnesota), we aren't allowed to add any hours either.

200 is pushing it but we made it work But another 30 hour drop...

We have a huge store remodel in May and our Starbucks Area is tripling in size. I keep telling myself and my team to survive a little bit longer. May seems so far off right now...

Last edited:
I checked the dashboard and it is.

During the summer was given 220, right before the holidays it dropped to 210. During holidays 305. For this entire month, 200. Now 170 hours. For Super Bowel Weekend (I'm in Minnesota), we aren't allowed to add any hours either.

200 is pushing it but we made it work But another 30 hour drop...

We have a huge store remodel in May and our Starbucks Area is tripling in size. I keep telling myself and my team to survive a little bit longer. May seems so far off right now...

Starbucks Dashboard just updated for December. Check that for your peak hours and make sure you are absolutely staffed with two team members during that time.

Many stores are struggling with the hours, I myself have been at 20 the past 3 weeks just so I can give my team hours (I'm using my maxed out sick time to get up to my avg).

We are a high volume SBUX here. To give you an idea.. our capture rate is over 11% and our guest check avg. puts us #1 in the group. But..I am still not getting full alotted hours. Why? Because Starbucks goal is that you use 90% of alotted hours. They are keeping my department right where, if a tm doesn't call out, we are at 90%.

My Etl won't crosstrain or bat an eye at Starbucks unless we're on fire and on our knees begging for help. The only peers I have that are crosstrained are the ones who came from my old store. Everyone else has the "scared of Starbucks syndrome". I've tried everything in my power to include us with the rest of the store and was just told that no matter what I do, Starbucks will never matter because our sales are nothing.

Its frustrating, but unfortunately that's just how it is. Your best bet is to just have your peak hours covered. We were getting 250 in summer, 265 during Holiday, 160/165ish now.

I'm trying to transfer to another store and hope that leadership will be better there. Wish me luck.

Hey Starbucks TL. Question for you. Are team members allowed to have samples from starbucks during break or lunch? Is there a reference anywhere? Thanks!

I think some TMs are going down for this. I took a sample after my shift, but others were getting them not on break. Sooooo going to be fun.

Starbucks Dashboard just updated for December. Check that for your peak hours and make sure you are absolutely staffed with two team members during that time.

Many stores are struggling with the hours, I myself have been at 20 the past 3 weeks just so I can give my team hours (I'm using my maxed out sick time to get up to my avg).

We are a high volume SBUX here. To give you an idea.. our capture rate is over 11% and our guest check avg. puts us #1 in the group. But..I am still not getting full alotted hours. Why? Because Starbucks goal is that you use 90% of alotted hours. They are keeping my department right where, if a tm doesn't call out, we are at 90%.

My Etl won't crosstrain or bat an eye at Starbucks unless we're on fire and on our knees begging for help. The only peers I have that are crosstrained are the ones who came from my old store. Everyone else has the "scared of Starbucks syndrome". I've tried everything in my power to include us with the rest of the store and was just told that no matter what I do, Starbucks will never matter because our sales are nothing.

Its frustrating, but unfortunately that's just how it is. Your best bet is to just have your peak hours covered. We were getting 250 in summer, 265 during Holiday, 160/165ish now.

I'm trying to transfer to another store and hope that leadership will be better there. Wish me luck.
It is stupendous how much they ignore sbux. Its stupendous how little the rest of the store knows or care about sbux/food ave. Stupendous.

Sad that this is a common trends between most of us with our stores not supporting us. Same way with my store, no one would come near us unless they wanted a drink. Most of the time, if my opener calls out. No one notices until a guest complains that our lights are off...

Last edited:

My Starbucks DM could careless if we go past our allotted hours (within reason). If are sales comp can speak to the hours used. I'm in the same boat, trying to get my team hours. I'm was maxed out on my Vacation and Personal Time off. So I have enough to use but it doesn't do me any good not be there either. So I have been picking up shift in my old department (Meat - Super Target). And supporting my team outside the department.

My Starbucks DM could careless if we go past our allotted hours (within reason). If are sales comp can speak to the hours used. I'm in the same boat, trying to get my team hours. I'm was maxed out on my Vacation and Personal Time off. So I have enough to use but it doesn't do me any good not be there either. So I have been picking up shift in my old department (Meat - Super Target). And supporting my team outside the department.
To be fair, the Starbucks DM would love to see any of us spend double the amount of payroll allotted. It's not their money...

To be fair, the Starbucks DM would love to see any of us spend double the amount of payroll allotted. It's not their money...
Just commenting on the part where Starbucks wanting us to utilize only 90% of allotted hours. My store can careless if we use 100% of our allotted hours. But they won't bat an eye to help us (coming over to ring if someone goes on break and its busy) when our hours are cut.

Just commenting on the part where Starbucks wanting us to utilize only 90% of allotted hours. My store can careless if we use 100% of our allotted hours. But they won't bat an eye to help us (coming over to ring if someone goes on break and its busy) when our hours are cut.
I don't think anyone said Starbucks only wants us to use 90% of our hours. They want us to use 100% and would be happy if we went over that. Target is the one wanting us to cut hours because Target is the one paying us.

What are your weekly sales this time of year? That's crazy how much your hours vary throughout the year.

I don't think anyone said Starbucks only wants us to use 90% of our hours. They want us to use 100% and would be happy if we went over that. Target is the one wanting us to cut hours because Target is the one paying us.

What are your weekly sales this time of year? That's crazy how much your hours vary throughout the year.
I'll pull my numbers up next time I'm in. Whats frustrating is I am getting less hours this year compared to last year. But I am making more compared to last year. I'll just keep trucking away, I don't understand how Starbucks allotted hours work and will never understand.

Is anyone here a SBTL in a flex store? I had previously mentioned how I was attempting to transfer to another store & this store is going to be a brand new flex format hence Starbucks will be the only TL position. I Spoke to my STL today and she's all for it so I will be sitting with my ETL HR one day and my ETL GE and STL another day before I actually interview. Does anyone know what I should expect for interview questions? I'm guessing I will be interviewing with our Target DM but I'm unsure if they will be TL or SRTL questions... It's funny because long story short I've technically interviewed with all the leaders I will be interviewing with this time around (not our DM though), so I'm wondering if I should try to find time to interview with one of my peers before hand. p.s. say I do well and ace the interview, will my pay stay the same with a transfer?

Is anyone here a SBTL in a flex store? I had previously mentioned how I was attempting to transfer to another store & this store is going to be a brand new flex format hence Starbucks will be the only TL position. I Spoke to my STL today and she's all for it so I will be sitting with my ETL HR one day and my ETL GE and STL another day before I actually interview. Does anyone know what I should expect for interview questions? I'm guessing I will be interviewing with our Target DM but I'm unsure if they will be TL or SRTL questions... It's funny because long story short I've technically interviewed with all the leaders I will be interviewing with this time around (not our DM though), so I'm wondering if I should try to find time to interview with one of my peers before hand. p.s. say I do well and ace the interview, will my pay stay the same with a transfer?
I’m at a flex format store and own Starbucks. I didn’t interview, I was just transferred. It was a lateral move so no interview needed I guess. If you get interviewed, I’m sure you can ask for a raise. You’ll need to come up with reasons why.

Back