Starbucks Team Leaders

needs more tequila
and more cow bell!

I'm in a Super running the Modernization pilot. I'm aligned under the Food & Beverage Leader.

There are 2 Food & Beverage Leaders. One oversees Starbucks, Deli, Bakery, and Produce. The other is Meat & Frozen, Dairy, Dry Groceries, and whatever you call the paper/chemicals/pets area. There are Leads in each area except for Deli and Bakery, of which shares a single Lead.

Everyone is just called a Food and Beverage Lead. I'm the Food Service Lead but might as well just call me the Starbucks Lead because we don't have a Cafe/Pizza Hut/Food Ave.
paper/chemicals/pets is called essentials in my store.

Modernization pilot

the reason I asked is because *technically* under our pilot, it's supposed to be the General Merchandise and Food Sales Leader, but really our Starbucks Lead has been reporting to the Closing Lead and Service and Engagement Leader. GM Leader wants nothing to do with Starbucks lol.

Quick question. Do any of you wear pins with your aprons? I’d wanna get my team some lil pins to wear with their aprons.

Sbux sent is those “2018 barista championship” things though, were those allowed? I wore one on my hat...

Hey does anyone happen. To have dcpi or sap numbers for the different pastry stands I see pictures of in sirens eye? I'm looking to order the multi level ones if possible.

the reason I asked is because *technically* under our pilot, it's supposed to be the General Merchandise and Food Sales Leader, but really our Starbucks Lead has been reporting to the Closing Lead and Service and Engagement Leader. GM Leader wants nothing to do with Starbucks lol.

My store is also running w the new Op Model. We have one Food and Beverage Lead (market) and one Food Service lead (starbucks and cafe). Our ETL is is also in charge of General Merchandise. Since we started I’ve haven’t really seen my ETL for more than a minute here or there. It’s like I have nobody to report to.

We got our supplies in for the new protein blended cold brew. Are there some sort of stands or risers that the pump bottles can go on? Our counter is getting cluttered with bottles everywhere. Since our Starbucks got remodeled everything at the cold beverage station is just sitting on the counter. When I go into other stores I see the syrups and bases stored on some sort of risers.

We got our supplies in for the new protein blended cold brew. Are there some sort of stands or risers that the pump bottles can go on? Our counter is getting cluttered with bottles everywhere. Since our Starbucks got remodeled everything at the cold beverage station is just sitting on the counter. When I go into other stores I see the syrups and bases stored on some sort of risers.
Order steele shelves, it’ll make your life ao better!

Hey does anyone happen. To have dcpi or sap numbers for the different pastry stands I see pictures of in sirens eye? I'm looking to order the multi level ones if possible.
How big is your pastry case? You have room for multi level pastry stands?
Are you talking about the round stands? I think in sirens eye ,they create an illusion by stacking 6 inch pedestals on top of 10 inch ones. I tries doing that, but our pastry case will only accommodate the 6 inch pedestals.
Ill get you deep-e-see eye tomarrow.

Just got a delivery and my team tells me we got in special pumps... looks like I’ll have fun learning how to be a barista and setting new things up ;):):p

Wells turns out, in addition to getting a new Mastrena to replace our current one. We are getting a second one. Thought we had to wait for our remodel (of which was delayed until next year). It will fit in our space but we will have to condense a lot of things.

For those of you with two Mastrenas. Could you take a picture of your space. To give me ideas on arranging your espresso bar?

I have two Mastrenas, but I have tons of room on the espresso bar. I have the 12 bottle holder between them, with all the syrups and skinny mocha. Then I have chai, mocha, and white mocha in front. My DM had me put lids on the right side of the right Mastrena and the left side of the left Mastrena, which seems like overkill, but at least I’ll never run out of lids.

It’s the cold beverage station where things are incredibly cramped, and that’s before we add 4 ingredients for the protein blended cold brew drinks... I’m trying to get creative with that side, but no luck so far.

is Starbucks aligned under ETL-GE or ETL-Food at your stores?
Right now is aligned under me as the GE, but pretty soon it's going to the Senior Merch who "oversees" Market (we don't have an ETL-Food). I think my STL finally finally got reamed by the DM about how under qualified I was for the job and is giving it to someone else. I've always been upfront with my DM when he's asked how the department was doing. I've always told him that I don't know anything and that my STL has never allowed me to take the time to learn the department.

At no point during my training and onboarding did anyone mention SBX/Cafe. Then after a few months my STL basically pushed me into the role. So I was very straightforward with my SBTL and told him he could do whatever he wanted with the department. I always give him the credit when my STL or DM try to compliment me on how well it's doing and I made sure he got a significant raise during his reviews.

First day at Starbucks!!!! I felt so useless for the first thirty minutes but learned how to do POS and write the cups. Made my first of many Frappuccinos. Slowly getting used to it :p Dear lord though, had one guest get three different frappuccinos and two pastries in one breath. Had to take a double take to get the first part of what he said. :confused:

Back