Starbucks Team Leaders

What’s the best way to get old stains out of pitchers? Have some that are slowly getting faint white lines on them

Can you guys share your starbucks schedules with me? I feel like I write a pretty good one but I've been toying with changing it a bit to see if it helps with peak and getting prep/orders done.
Just looking for some ideas!

What’s the best way to get old stains out of pitchers? Have some that are slowly getting faint white lines on them
Order new ones lol. Before it gets to the point. I use the Suma Shine Packets (not sure if we can still order with the recent change to our cleaning chemicals).

I have noticed that tea/ice coffee pitchers last longer if you wash them with cold water. Never wash them in the dishwasher.
Like @Asuras said, use blue packets they help a little, but honestly order new ones, I replace them every 4-5 months..

Can you guys share your starbucks schedules with me? I feel like I write a pretty good one but I've been toying with changing it a bit to see if it helps with peak and getting prep/orders done.
Just looking for some ideas!
How many hours, and what are your peaks?

Iced tea pitchers last a very very long time if you wash them by hand with a blue scrub pad. I ruined sooooo many of them when I started because my team showed me how to wash them with the green scrub pad and then put them in the dishwasher... they looked awful. Also, don’t mix anything in them - I see some stores use them to make skinny mocha or frap roast and then the whisk will scratch it up.

Iced tea pitchers last a very very long time if you wash them by hand with a blue scrub pad. I ruined sooooo many of them when I started because my team showed me how to wash them with the green scrub pad and then put them in the dishwasher... they looked awful. Also, don’t mix anything in them - I see some stores use them to make skinny mocha or frap roast and then the whisk will scratch it up.
How long?

How long?
I've been using the same ones since I opened my new store 2 months ago and honestly they look brand new and I haven't even done a single deep clean with any chemicals. Same with the infusions and all the iced tea lids. So I'm thinking they'll last until someone drops them and the handle breaks or something.

I've just skipped that weekly cleaning task every week for 2 months and the only things that are starting to get a stain are the mocha squeeze bottles and the cubes that we keep coffee beans in. I thought I'd be annoyed by not having a dishwasher, but everything is way cleaner when we do it by hand and the containers last longer.

wait u guys have dishwashers??

don’t mix anything in them - I see some stores use them to make skinny mocha or frap roast and then the whisk will scratch it up.

oops, i'll have to stop doing this. we're having problems keeping our tea pitchers looking clean (we do wash them every night, but they're all mostly stained)

150, peak is 730-10, 12-2, and 4-6
What are your weekly sales and how much busier are you on weekends vs weekdays? If you're much busier on weekends, then your weekdays can survive with one barista at all times, and you can just use some hours to help with break coverage, doing orders, and doing anything you need to do off stage.

Monday-thursday average is 1,000.
Friday and Sunday are 1500, and Saturday 2000.

My typical schedule is monday-thursday 630-3
9-5
5-915

Friday:
630-3
9-4
3-7
4-915

Saturday and Sunday is typically
630-3
8-430
1030-7
4-915

We cover all breaks in food ave during the week so our weekends almost seem over staffed because we don't have to worry about that but I cant take hours from the weekend to make the week better. And orders, cleaning, etc are starting to lack.
It's honestly not terrible. I'm just trying to see if I can make things better.

I know baristas can close in 15 mins if it is slow, but on a consistent basis, there are things that just aren't getting done with that closing timeframe. Or, they are doing so much pre-closing that they are compromising quality. Maybe your Sunday opener could work alone until 9 so the weekend closer could have a bit more time.

I think that should be pretty good, actually. I have a few questions that I hope will help. Do you really need all those hours on Sunday? If you do want to keep spending those hours on Sunday, are your baristas taking advantage of the extra hours and getting a lot of cleaning done or do they think "It's Sunday, we have the rest of the week to get this stuff done, we'll do it later."?

Take a look at the productivity of you and your team. When you guys finish with a guest, how quickly do you get back to other tasks? That's a big problem with my team right now. I'm starting to tell them to think about their next task as they're finishing a drink - is there another drink? Do we need to restock something really badly? Can I get started on a weekly cleaning task? Also, what are your baristas doing when there is only one guest? You don't need two baristas helping just one guest, but I see it a lot (my store included). One barista can help one guest (or even two, maybe three depending on the situation) and the other barista can work on other stuff that tends to get pushed aside when guests come. Then, if you see the line building up, jump in and ring out a few guests, then get back to what you were doing. My store is busy on weekdays and not on weekends, so I have to put my order away during my busiest time of the week and this strategy helps out a lot.

Walking out today realizing tomorrow is Coffee Day. Are we running any special promotions or sales tomorrow? On coffee beans maybe?

Anyone else having issues with Starbucks gift card scammers who come in wanting to “reload” multiple gift cards with large sums of money and their cards they use to “pay” never go through? I’ve already put in place routines to prevent it but wanted to know if it’s on going in other stores. It’s been happening in my district and neighboring districts as well.

Anyone else having issues with Starbucks gift card scammers who come in wanting to “reload” multiple gift cards with large sums of money and their cards they use to “pay” never go through? I’ve already put in place routines to prevent it but wanted to know if it’s on going in other stores. It’s been happening in my district and neighboring districts as well.
Yes I’ve had that happen to me the other day...if card doesn’t go through what is the scam? And what routines have you put into place?

Yes I’ve had that happen to me the other day...if card doesn’t go through what is the scam? And what routines have you put into place?
There’s a glitch in the system where once you press total, they have access to the funds without paying. They’re on the phone usually and they say a word that tells the other person when to move the funds. My team tells them they have to load the funds on to a Target gift card and then they can add it to the Starbucks card. This prevents them from having access to the funds. They leave right after.

Also, if they return mdse to the SD, it gives them cash back if purchased with a SBGC. This is what they want in the end. Tell your front ends to watch out for Sbux returns, and to send them to Sbux to complete. This was big 3 or 4 years ago too. (IDK how it works at a stand-alone for a return).

Been going on for months in CA. So, after going through this song and dance about 100 times (no lie) what the TM's do is to just stare them down and say, "Not today. Not later. Not ever." Or of course, there is the simple hit a key numerous times and say it is not working today, sorry.
Funny thing is that it is only a certain race, that is less than 1% of the demographic of my area, so it is really easy to see when a person is in the line with the scam.

Been going on for months in CA. So, after going through this song and dance about 100 times (no lie) what the TM's do is to just stare them down and say, "Not today. Not later. Not ever." Or of course, there is the simple hit a key numerous times and say it is not working today, sorry.
Funny thing is that it is only a certain race, that is less than 1% of the demographic of my area, so it is really easy to see when a person is in the line with the scam.
We know when it’s someone trying to scam again. It’s a feeling you get from the moment they walk into the line.

Back