Starbucks Team Leaders

Found this in my group chat. It's afrom a Cooperate Starbucks Weekly Update from a month ago.

0cQv6LI.jpg
Thank you! That’s exactly what I wish I saw months ago lol. I might just toss my last bag of cacao and the last container of banana date that I have. It’s just so pointless right now.

Thank you! That’s exactly what I wish I saw months ago lol. I might just toss my last bag of cacao and the last container of banana date that I have. It’s just so pointless right now.
I stopped ordering it all together.

I stopped ordering it all together.
I think I only ever ordered 1 additional case of cacao, 2-3 of almond butter, 2-3 protein packs, and a couple banana date cases. I ran out of almond butter a long time ago, but that cacao has lasted months! Each case of cacao lasts almost 3 months, whereas each case of almond butter lasted like 2-3 weeks.

Tossed everything out the moment I saw that message and moved on to Maple Peacan.

Had health inspectors in today! Was lod and all the etls were gone. Heart pumping so much! But it was fine. They’re coming back tomorrow for my signature. They did pick my brain on certain Starbucks stuff. For pastries I’ve been taught to use the monarch gun for dates but does anyone use the day dots and put the specifics time they would expire (including the 3 or 18 hour thaw time)? They also didn’t like the disposable mastrena wand wipes. They’d rather me use a wet wipe like stuff with no sanitizer in it.

I think everyone uses day dots for pastries and sandwiches. The only things I use the label gun for are madeleines and dream bars because it just seems better for something that a guest is going to see.

I’m surprised they didn’t like the sanitizer wipes. Target switched to those because the old method of reusing the same wipe just wasn’t very clean and stores weren’t good about switching out the sanitizer tray.

Yup! They explained they’d rather us not use something with sanitizer just Incase someone could have an allergic reaction to the chemicals. Just Incase if we have guests who are highly allergic to it. And thanks! Just to make sure you guys also have the time on the day dots for expiration right?

Correct time and date. We also had an inspector come yesterday and she made no mention of the sanitizer. Wonder what they think of actual Starbucks that use sanitizer in their wet wipes.

I think everyone uses day dots for pastries and sandwiches. The only things I use the label gun for are madeleines and dream bars because it just seems better for something that a guest is going to see.

I’m surprised they didn’t like the sanitizer wipes. Target switched to those because the old method of reusing the same wipe just wasn’t very clean and stores weren’t good about switching out the sanitizer tray.
My old store used day dotes just for madeleines and the dream bars, otherwise we had a laminated paper that listed all the pastries, plus spots to fill in LTO items, with whiteboard marker. It was way easier than when we used to use day dots for everything pastry.

My old store used day dotes just for madeleines and the dream bars, otherwise we had a laminated paper that listed all the pastries, plus spots to fill in LTO items, with whiteboard marker. It was way easier than when we used to use day dots for everything pastry.
I probably wouldn’t trust people to separate the 2 day pastries that are different days, especially with everything switching to 2 days now. I’d rather have them all marked.

This.

Yup! They explained they’d rather us not use something with sanitizer just Incase someone could have an allergic reaction to the chemicals. Just Incase if we have guests who are highly allergic to it. And thanks! Just to make sure you guys also have the time on the day dots for expiration right?
But even the old way used sanitizer water..either way would be an issue if someone is allergic.

I was so confused when he talked. He was like the small ones are for sanitizing and I’m like....they both sanitize my dude.... but he said he would just suggest so I’m not changing lol. This way is so much more clean

I was so confused when he talked. He was like the small ones are for sanitizing and I’m like....they both sanitize my dude.... but he said he would just suggest so I’m not changing lol. This way is so much more clean
Oh maybe your talking about the ones in resealable bag( in orange/red bag) those aren’t allowed im my store at all but the ones that you order off of sap and you open up the bag to put in white round container are okay to use. We got a violation from steritech over a year ago cuz we had them in the back area we never used them but someone accidentally ordered it off the order guide.

Oh maybe your talking about the ones in resealable bag( in orange/red bag) those aren’t allowed im my store at all but the ones that you order off of sap and you open up the bag to put in white round container are okay to use. We got a violation from steritech over a year ago cuz we had them in the back area we never used them but someone accidentally ordered it off the order guide.
I use those all the time for general wiping of counter tops etc... never for the steaming wands

You’re allowed to order those. It’s on the order guide. Just like Humble TL, don’t use them for the steaming wand.

I've never seen a store that actually uses those ones in the resealable packs. It seems like it'd be more expensive than just using a sanitizer bottle and some of those white paper towels.

Back