Starbucks Team Leaders

One of my team members sent me this pic from another licensed store (macys) she was at and I nearly died

Attachments

• 20190108_172925.jpg
    20190108_172925.jpg
    706.6 KB · Views: 64
I refuse to serve out of the case. Old store we had a refrigerated case (a blessing) and cleaned/changed food once or twice a week. New store is unrefrigerated so we change food out every day using qmos from the night before. I cringe everytime I walk into a store with empty/dirty cases.
If I had a case like that I would sell out of it..

If I had a case like that I would sell out of it..

Now...in my old, OLD store.. they called me the pastry case extraordinaire. We had one of those tiny cases with the glass shelf..Upped our sales 22% ytd once I focused on our display set up.

Any of you selling out of the case? i have the old 27inch Harmony case.... its old..
My store we sell out of the case everything except sandwiches and we clean out every night and make new sandwiches every morning. But we were told to try to do display only..so my question is how often do you break it down and clean out completely if just displaying in case.

We sell from the case only when we've emptied the quantities in the baskets.
We also clean out the case every night & reset with fresh each morning because we don't have room to store display foods & we've had pest problems in the past.
We have new leaders but they've not said anything about reusing display foods.

My store we sell out of the case everything except sandwiches and we clean out every night and make new sandwiches every morning. But we were told to try to do display only..so my question is how often do you break it down and clean out completely if just displaying in case.
How often should we do it or how often do we do it? It should be done daily. Realistically, you can make that call. I haven't done it in months and nothing needs cleaned. I do change out the sandwiches every other day (supposed to be done daily, but I do half of them each day) and we clean the fixtures that the sandwiches sit on nightly.

It helps that we have no fruit flies right now. I might have a different answer in a few months.

Does anyone qmos or use the pull to thaw worksheet?? I tried using the worksheet but I’d love to see some of y’alls to kinda get a better understanding of using it :/. Also anyone still doing the mid day pull for pastries?

I'm actually just now starting to QMOS and I feel so bad about the fact that I wasn't doing it before. My team was so new and trying to get other things down, so I just looked in my freezer once a month or so and QMOSed the shit out of everything. Just the other day I printed out the QMOS sheet on workbench and laminated it and I'm going to have them just fill it in as they go, and then I'll actually do it. It's definitely not the best way to do it and it'll be hard to hold them accountable, but it's what I'm going to try for now.

I don't use the pull to thaw worksheet. I came up with my own for my team to use. I do like the new sheet better than the ones we used to have. It just always seemed like it was more work than it's worth though.

The mid day pull for pastries is critical! I started doing it at least a year before they told us to start. It's fantastic. We pull sandwiches sometime around 11am and that's when I have them do the morning pastry pull. Then we do another pastry pull after 4pm. If we happen to sell out of something and we aren't going to do a pull, I'll still go grab it from the freezer so I can be back in stock in a few hours. It really helps keep the food cost down. I'm rarely ever out of stock of anything and I only toss a couple items per day.

When you receive new green signage for the pastry case did you get bullseye cookie and cake popsigns? I received new signage for everything except that...

That's weird. I haven't seen that yet. So it looks like you have 4 packets and they tell you to measure out 350ml for each one and then add all 4. Why not just measure out 1400ml if you're going to add all 4 anyway? And why is it 4 small packets instead of one large packet?

That's weird. I haven't seen that yet. So it looks like you have 4 packets and they tell you to measure out 350ml for each one and then add all 4. Why not just measure out 1400ml if you're going to add all 4 anyway? And why is it 4 small packets instead of one large packet?
Right?! I am just so confused. Weirdest directions ever.

Unless you're an extremely lo-vol store, this doesn't make sense & seems like a waste.

Back