Starbucks Team Leaders

Scrub them? Drain cleaner? Or don't worry about the drains getting stained as long as they're clean.
I’ll take a picture tonight but we always get in trouble for the stains..we could of scrubbed it the day before and spray every night with drain cleaner and they still say it’s a problem that the drains aren’t white.

The yellowish one is the one under the ice machine, that’s stained permanently. 7219

Attachments

• 6B64F7DF-41C8-4E82-9CE4-DDDB22E27374.jpeg
    6B64F7DF-41C8-4E82-9CE4-DDDB22E27374.jpeg
    994.9 KB · Views: 28
  • FDBD7335-2018-4268-813F-062A63DBE13A.jpeg
    FDBD7335-2018-4268-813F-062A63DBE13A.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 28
Last edited:
My team scrubs them every morning with greaselift, boiling water every night. One a month I bleach em

Attachments

• 20190214_070114.jpg
    20190214_070114.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 48
This one is from when I started in my old store...before and after.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190213-211950_Twitter.jpg
    Screenshot_20190213-211950_Twitter.jpg
    878.9 KB · Views: 50
  • Screenshot_20190213-211953_Twitter.jpg
    Screenshot_20190213-211953_Twitter.jpg
    823.6 KB · Views: 49
Hello! How long does it take to be barista certified and LS certified? I keep getting different answers. One store says 2 weeks and the store I am training at says 3 weeks to a month. I just would like to know so when I train new baristas and tls, I can let them know or does it all depend on hours and support?

Hello! How long does it take to be barista certified and LS certified? I keep getting different answers. One store says 2 weeks and the store I am training at says 3 weeks to a month. I just would like to know so when I train new baristas and tls, I can let them know or does it all depend on hours and support?

I was told barista certification was 40 hours but I was only given 20 to get mine. I already knew how to ring sales and mark cups before becoming certified, though.

For Barista Certification, 20 or so hours for training. 20 hours for practice shifts. That is what Starbucks wants, miles may vary from each store gives you. For LS Certification, 40-ish hours but I have recently certified two Team Leads from other stores within 24 hours. But that is them coming with leadership experience already.

For Barista Certification, 20 or so hours for training. 20 hours for practice shifts. That is what Starbucks wants, miles may vary from each store gives you. For LS Certification, 40-ish hours but I have recently certified two Team Leads from other stores within 24 hours. But that is them coming with leadership experience already.
What entails the certification?

What entails the certification?
LS (License Store) Certification is just the renaming of AST (Advanced Store Training) Certification. Its broken into two parts, Daily Operation and Management. If you were already AST Certified before the change you don't have to do it again. Unless your DM is an asshat and makes you.

I believe they are asking about barista certification?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190217-214437_Drive.jpg
    Screenshot_20190217-214437_Drive.jpg
    596.5 KB · Views: 36
LS (License Store) Certification is just the renaming of AST (Advanced Store Training) Certification. Its broken into two parts, Daily Operation and Management. If you were already AST Certified before the change you don't have to do it again. Unless your DM is an asshat and makes you.
Its been 18 months since I took over, no AST or LS for me. We only have one LS certified person, they can’t even make a drink without looking through recipe cards

I know you mentioned that you rarely see your DM but how haven't not been through either AST or LS Certification?! That is a requirement by Starbucks as the Team Lead to be Certified. Granted, most of what you will learn/read you would have already experienced but still :O A store is required to have a minimum of 2 LS/AST Certified Team Members.

As a Team Lead you should have been Barista Certified, Barista Trainer Certified, and LS Certified in that order. My DM would have a field day, if one of my TM were missing any booklets. I have fill out another certification as proof it was completed.

Last edited:
I know you mentioned that you rarely see your DM but how haven't not been through either AST or LS Certification?! That is a requirement by Starbucks as the Team Lead to be Certified. Granted, most of what you will learn/read you would have already experienced but still :O A store is required to have a minimum of 2 LS/AST Certified Team Members.

As a Team Lead you should have been Barista Certified, Barista Trainer Certified, and LS Certified in that order.
None of that, begged for it for almost 6 months. No one GAF. Mentioned it to my DM during the first 6 months, told him we only have 1 ast and they are not always in the store. He wrote it down in his notebook and promised me he would reach out to STL/DTL . This was 8 months ago. Since then DM is MIA. Last PPV was with STL over the phone...

I had a DM who rarely visited my store for about a year and she ended getting fired for it.

75% of the LS stuff is self paced. Either that stores doesn't know how to deliver the training or they are not staffed/scheduled properly to train you. The trainer training you should be focusing on you and not working as a Barista. Since your store asked them to train you, they should charge all the hours of the trainer to your store to focus on training/certification you.

Anytime a store asks me to train their TM's. I will always asking they pay for the hours I spend training. Like wise, when I am not in the position to train a new TM. My store would pay the store I send my trainee too.

75% of the LS stuff is self paced. Either that stores doesn't know how to deliver the training or they are not staffed/scheduled properly to train you. The trainer training you should be focusing on you and not working as a Barista. Since your store asked them to train you, they should charge all the hours of the trainer to your store to focus on training/certification you.

Anytime a store asks me to train their TM's. I will always asking they pay for the hours I spend training. Like wise, when I am not in the position to train a new TM. My store would pay the store I send my trainee too.
This! I’ve told my STL and ETL that the store they sent me too, they do not care about Starbucks and keep saying they don’t have hours. The TL was only being scheduled 25 hours a week behind bar at a high guest traffic store, so I asked my store to give her hours. Luckily, they did. Some peers were making remarks about her training so I was curious since this is a whole new department for me.

Can anyone tell me how to get to the new order guide? I got to store reports and don’t see anything under the food and beverage tab.

Back