Starbucks Team Leaders

Make sure y’all check the nay addendum hours are changing for stores!!! Although mine are the same many more slower stores will be cutting hours!!! You keep payroll to have more during heavy traffic flow and increase profit. Still good for stores who are open more than 12 hours a day and have low payroll tho
Where is this info found?

received an email for it, you can probably search it up. The master barista training plan is out already and the observation tool. Seems like they’re trying to get the rest of the store super looped into Starbucks with modernization. Etl hr will have to have three observations for a team member and observe them. Then give feedback and start their training. Then they also have to do AST training. Man I really want an apron for it before I leave lol. I’ll keep it as backup if they ever need help and wear it lol

received an email for it, you can probably search it up. The master barista training plan is out already and the observation tool. Seems like they’re trying to get the rest of the store super looped into Starbucks with modernization. Etl hr will have to have three observations for a team member and observe them. Then give feedback and start their training. Then they also have to do AST training. Man I really want an apron for it before I leave lol. I’ll keep it as backup if they ever need help and wear it lol
My original store was piloting Master Barista Training. I had the Master Barista Apron at home when I got terminated. Now I get to wear it at my new store 😋

My take away from the whole Master Barista is making sure the TM is AST (LS) Certified and Barista Trainer Certified. They should be scheduled opposite of the TL. When they are working, they are the Play Caller and taking charge. They are responsible for ordering when you, the TL is not able to. And making sure the department runs smoothly in your absence. Though a bit extreme, what ETL should be observing. Is their ability to lead the team in connecting with guest. Delegating work and roles to the team. Leading training on promotions. To sum things, up being a team lead without the pay. You are provided with Green Aprons that says Master Barista on it. There is another Green Apron that has Barista Trainer on it.

The Company Operated equivalent of this position is a Shift Supervisor. But Shift Supervisors get a highier pay at Starbucks.

Last edited:
My original store was piloting Master Barista Training. I had the Master Barista Apron at home when I got terminated. Now I get to wear it at my new store 😋

My take away from the whole Master Barista is making sure the TM is AST (LS) Certified and Barista Trainer Certified. They should be scheduled opposite of the TL. When they are working, they are the Play Caller and taking charge. They are responsible for ordering when you, the TL is not able to. And making sure the department runs smoothly in your absence. Though a bit extreme, what ETL should be observing. Is their ability to lead the team in connecting with guest. Delegating work and roles to the team. Leading training on promotions. To sum things, up being a team lead without the pay. You are provided with Green Aprons that says Master Barista on it. There is another Green Apron that has Barista Trainer on it.

The Company Operated equivalent of this position is a Shift Supervisor. But Shift Supervisors get a high pay at Starbucks.
How do I know if we are a participating store?

Make sure y’all check the nay addendum hours are changing for stores!!! Although mine are the same many more slower stores will be cutting hours!!! You keep payroll to have more during heavy traffic flow and increase profit. Still good for stores who are open more than 12 hours a day and have low payroll tho
I'm the slowest store in the district rn and we were NOT cut. 🙄 were also the only one in our county that opens at 7am. Wtf corporate. I get no guests until 845-9am and they are all our regulars from the strip we are in.

The store I'm working at is open from 7am - 10pm. It is going to be changed to 9pm. Needlessly to see, everyone is happy. All that wasted payroll scheduling TM until 10:30pm.

The Company Operated equivalent of this position is a Shift Supervisor. But Shift Supervisors get a highier pay at Starbucks.

they get a higher pay than the baristas they're supervising, but i was only offered 11.50 when i applied for that job which is one of the reasons i turned it down and stayed at Target

they get a higher pay than the baristas they're supervising, but i was only offered 11.50 when i applied for that job which is one of the reasons i turned it down and stayed at Target
It all depends on the area. The store I'm working at, they are paid $14-16 + tips. While regular baristas are paid $11-13 + tips. But again, depending on your area. At least they offer some incentive, instead of just an apron. 😢

People were like “why are you in such a good mood?”

Well, every now and again, Bullseye gives us good news. Such as closing at 8pm Sun-Thurs and only being open till 9 Fri/Sat, and giving me more payroll than last month.

Does anyone have the dpci for the new recycled glass water bottles? I’ve seen them at other targets but haven’t been able to find the dpci under search(found this picture online) 7810

Last edited:
The weekly update talks about some reusable hot cup 6-packs that are priced wrong. Did any of you actually get them? It sounds like low volume stores didn't.

The weekly update talks about some reusable hot cup 6-packs that are priced wrong. Did any of you actually get them? It sounds like low volume stores didn't.
This is most cups I’ve ever gotten outside of the Holidays. My whole lobby is full and looks very nice with the different color cups.
I did get the 6 pack cups like 12 sets of them.

This is most cups I’ve ever gotten outside of the Holidays. My whole lobby is full and looks very nice with the different color cups.
I did get the 6 pack cups like 12 sets of them.
I agree. I worried when they all came in, because the BR does not like it when i have a pallet of Starbucks, but now that the set has happened, it looks fantastic. They also did a good job on the designs this time. If only they didnt cut my Ethos water. For some reason we sell a ton of that even though we give water out for free.

I agree. I worried when they all came in, because the BR does not like it when i have a pallet of Starbucks, but now that the set has happened, it looks fantastic. They also did a good job on the designs this time. If only they didnt cut my Ethos water. For some reason we sell a ton of that even though we give water out for free.
I have three baskets, Ive got the $4 dollar bottles in 1, the reusable cups in 2 and ethos in basket 3. I put the coffee (passport series) in the wall bay.

I have three baskets, Ive got the $4 dollar bottles in 1, the reusable cups in 2 and ethos in basket 3. I put the coffee (passport series) in the wall bay.
Those $4 bottles are great sellers at my store... I ordered 4 of them just for fun and they were gone in a day. They are now part of my regular order.

Also not related to SBUX, but has anyone had issues getting popcorn in for Cafe? 221-09-0001 is showing up as available to order, but some weird ass receive dates and stores around me are now starting to run out (including myself.)

How do I know if we are a participating store?

All stores are participating in the Master Barista training now. It's on the May Addendum.

Those $4 bottles are great sellers at my store... I ordered 4 of them just for fun and they were gone in a day. They are now part of my regular order.

Also not related to SBUX, but has anyone had issues getting popcorn in for Cafe? 221-09-0001 is showing up as available to order, but some weird ass receive dates and stores around me are now starting to run out (including myself.)

I've been ordering popcorn for a good 2 weeks and haven't gotten it in, so yeah, same boat.

I've been ordering popcorn for a good 2 weeks and haven't gotten it in, so yeah, same boat.

Global issue (at least per my Food/Bev Director) that looks like has been fixed. My order/delivery times are now correct. So we’ll find out Thursday!

Back