Starbucks Team Leaders

I stepped down for a year. It was rough at times. I'd see team members slacking off and there wasn't much I could do. I saw them doing things wrong, but it turned out the TL taught them that way. If the TL wants to date whipped creams, sweet cream, and mochas for 36 hours, then you mention why it's an issue and offer a solution and then you let it go because it might not be worth the fight unless it's actually a safety issue.

But for the most part, it was nice not to have the stress of being in charge, and I worked my ass off and got promoted in just under a year.
That was my mindset going into this and with what happened to me. I just wanted to work and leave when my shift ends. But the way the store I'm in is I just can't do nothing.

wrote my schedule today. I said out loud “let’s see how much I’m over” and gasped and said “oh god 54 hours over”. Etl walked by and said that’s fine. Did.did I dream of that????? Plus 40 extra for a tm to train. I feel like I’m on a cloud relaxing

wrote my schedule today. I said out loud “let’s see how much I’m over” and gasped and said “oh god 54 hours over”. Etl walked by and said that’s fine. Did.did I dream of that????? Plus 40 extra for a tm to train. I feel like I’m on a cloud relaxing
54 hours over? I can’t even go over 1 hour... and get 85 hours to run a Pizza Hut/Cafe.

All while driving a 32% Food Service overall comp and a 40% SBUX comp over LY. 🤷‍♂️

Does anyone know where I can find info on sbux hours? Like how does target project our hours? I need solid proof. Our store dropped to 1k hours and my store director asked me to take a hit for a week. That week turned into two weeks and I'm scared it will turn into 3 or 4 so on and so on. Weve been projected 150 since we opened and itll start affecting our utilization rate soon so I might just let my Dm handle it. My hr wont let me touch the schedule, I'll write it for her and she changes it. My team is unhappy about hours.. and I'm afraid to lose tms from it. I have tms who were hired at 10/15 hours and others who were hired for 30/40 and she just schedules everyone at 15-20??? And when I explained to her my method and how I schedule certain tms for certain shifts because they do better or prefer them...she told me I was in the wrong.

I don’t think there is anything in writing. The best you can do is make sure it’s within 5% of the allocated hours. MySupport, DTLs, and HRBPs have always told me I should get all my hours, and that really every workcenter should be getting all of their hours. And we aren’t supposed to be writing our schedules.

I think it works best if we get all of the hours on the dot and we write our schedules, but I don’t have to tell you guys that, you already know all the reasons for it.

Try 260 04 0398. Already ordering? ;)
lol, something like that. 😉 I'm in charge of their frozen ordering because the TL was the only one doing it (been there). And assisting with the main ordering when needed. Funny enough, my old ETL called the store looking for the TL to ask for the DCPI. The surprised he got when I answered 🤣. Wait until he finds out he still has to deliver my review 🙃.

My store has been crazy busy that we have about 1800 flex hours to use. And we don’t have the bodies to fill all the hours lol

I don’t think there is anything in writing. The best you can do is make sure it’s within 5% of the allocated hours. MySupport, DTLs, and HRBPs have always told me I should get all my hours, and that really every workcenter should be getting all of their hours. And we aren’t supposed to be writing our schedules.

I think it works best if we get all of the hours on the dot and we write our schedules, but I don’t have to tell you guys that, you already know all the reasons for it.
I don’t get why some stores don’t let TLs own schedules. It just makes sense. Luckily my store was totally willing to give me that authority, otherwise I think I’d be in a really bad situation. If fact, shortly after giving me the authority they started letting all TLs have a significant say in their schedules, and I think it has worked in their favor.

But I will say that 95% of what myTime allocates is the standard. If you’re under that, SBUX DM can write up for NNC per contract. But I haven’t met many DMs willing to go that far (except my own, prior to my arrival that’s exactly what they did.)

Schools were out for Good Friday so we were overrun with tweens.
If I never make another frappucino or Pink Drink again, it won't be soon enough.

So I got the district email with all of our CC and Store Op scores and about wanted to cry. We dropped to a 13 CC score and a 56 Store Ops - and I about wanted to strangle the team as a whole.

My DM made some suggestions and I’ve started by simply posting the question “did the barista make and attempt to get to know me” and have started asking the team to tell me something they learned about a guest today... but I feel like we’re going to need a lot more than that just to get it to the old goal of 30, let alone 50.

Aside from names on cups (which we are doing majority of the time), can any of y’all share what you and your team does to keep those scores from being in the gutter??

So I got the district email with all of our CC and Store Op scores and about wanted to cry. We dropped to a 13 CC score and a 56 Store Ops - and I about wanted to strangle the team as a whole.

My DM made some suggestions and I’ve started by simply posting the question “did the barista make and attempt to get to know me” and have started asking the team to tell me something they learned about a guest today... but I feel like we’re going to need a lot more than that just to get it to the old goal of 30, let alone 50.

Aside from names on cups (which we are doing majority of the time), can any of y’all share what you and your team does to keep those scores from being in the gutter??

By chance...did you happen to have your Summer Promo call today?

The names are deff one of the biggest drivers for getting to know you. But that's only because it's easy to tie into your conversation with the guest and makes the interaction feel more personable. Here's an example: *tm cup codes, rings up order, asks for name, & passes drink onto the line* , *tm making drink reads cup, calls out guests name* "Mary, Right? I'm starting your vanilla latte right now. I've noticed you asked for soy milk, have you ever tried our coconut or almond milk?" This can work for almost any beverage...(coffee vs creme fraps, iced teas vs iced tea lemonades, sf vs regular, hot vs iced, etc) this works great for upselling.
This is something that is still a work in progress with a few team members. Another important step is to praise your team immediately after a great guest connection.

I had a 70 CC score 3 months ago. Lost one of my friendliest tms, cut hours, and gained a new green bean and my score has dropped down to 40. Back to having my team sample non stop and talk to guests about what they made and why they like it.

By chance...did you happen to have your Summer Promo call today?

The names are deff one of the biggest drivers for getting to know you. But that's only because it's easy to tie into your conversation with the guest and makes the interaction feel more personable. Here's an example: *tm cup codes, rings up order, asks for name, & passes drink onto the line* , *tm making drink reads cup, calls out guests name* "Mary, Right? I'm starting your vanilla latte right now. I've noticed you asked for soy milk, have you ever tried our coconut or almond milk?" This can work for almost any beverage...(coffee vs creme fraps, iced teas vs iced tea lemonades, sf vs regular, hot vs iced, etc) this works great for upselling.
This is something that is still a work in progress with a few team members. Another important step is to praise your team immediately after a great guest connection.

I had a 70 CC score 3 months ago. Lost one of my friendliest tms, cut hours, and gained a new green bean and my score has dropped down to 40. Back to having my team sample non stop and talk to guests about what they made and why they like it.

We had our PPV visit a week or so ago - she is new to the roll (formerly a Company Operated DM, and prior to that a Store Manager for CO.) She was really down to Earth and reasonable with where we were at (27 CC score in February) and just challenged that I develop ways to check in with the team, and engage them in really owning the metric (namely - just by making sure they know the question that is asked that gets us the CC score.)

Oddly enough, we have the #1 average guest check in our Group... if only sales and being “clean” were my only focuses. 😭

Doesn’t help the fact we share a dining room with a cafe and they are given literally open-close coverage with no overlap. (Which negatively has impacted our Op score for sure.)

Make sure y’all check the nay addendum hours are changing for stores!!! Although mine are the same many more slower stores will be cutting hours!!! You keep payroll to have more during heavy traffic flow and increase profit. Still good for stores who are open more than 12 hours a day and have low payroll tho

Make sure y’all check the nay addendum hours are changing for stores!!! Although mine are the same many more slower stores will be cutting hours!!! You keep payroll to have more during heavy traffic flow and increase profit. Still good for stores who are open more than 12 hours a day and have low payroll tho
Wonder what their threshold for “slow” is - I can only pray they cut my Saturday to 9pm. M-F we could close at 8 instead of 9 and see probably minimal impact on sales TBH.

Are they changing hours for cafe or Starbucks?

Back