Starbucks Team Leaders

All Target Starbucks are closed. Some other licensed stores might be open, and a select few company stores are still open.

All Target Starbucks are closed. Some other licensed stores might be open, and a select few company stores are still open.

We have a couple of company stores that have drive through and they are still open.
Most Alaskan's go to the coffee carts but DVR has been recommending that our clients park by Starbucks to use the WiFi if they don't have internet, to apply for jobs so they should buy something.

Last edited:
Yup, that's the date Company Operated plan to reopen cafe only stores. But probably still as grab and go format like before all the closures. To somewhat continue social distancing.

I always fight the urge to laugh out loud whenever someone comes up to my counter & orders "to go".
Bitch, you're in Target....it's ALWAYS to go :rolleyes:
On the contrary, Iā€™ve had people try to order things for ā€œhereā€ and ask if I we had ceramic mugs like sir this is a target

Anyone with Cafe upkeeping their fridges and snacks? My ETLs don't want any of us really worrying about the Starbucks/Cafe area since it's closed, but I sneaked away before heading on my break and pulled half of a cart of expired product that no one is upkeeping. We also have a bunch of product in the back that can be put out, but they just want us cleaning o_O An AP at my store questioned me what I was doing when I was doing it and he was like "Oh good idea." :rolleyes:

Also, what are guys anticipating as far as prep for reopening? I'm coming back to a team that didn't have a team lead for the week before they closed. My kitchen got rearranged by a style team lead who used to work at a corporate Starbucks, that the ETLs allowed to train 2 Apparel tm for Starbucks. I had a little look and they left containers of open beans and all the syrup bottles in the bar (The style lead opened new bottles to train which I found a bit excessive but whatever) and who knows what else. Like I said, they don't want us to worry about the area since it's closed, but I can't help but feel like there is stuff to be done even though it is closed. I also saw that there's product that expires this month, so dealing with that and the fact that we are probably out of it because of that. They also left trash in my store room in the back and I am just afraid of them not giving me time to prepare for a solid reopening.

I'm thinking of asking for 2 weeks, only so that I can deal with the expired product as see what I need to order so that it will be here before we open. I would also like to deep clean the kitchen and stuff but who knows if they'll bite :confused: They also have postponed my promotion since the area is closed, and I can't help but feel like they aren't going to give it to me even when we reopen but who knows.

They'll never go for 2 weeks. Also, for all we know, they could announce on a Friday that we'll be reopening Starbucks the following Monday. Or did you mean you want to ask if you can just spend 2 weeks over at Starbucks and Cafe right now? Either way, unlikely, but it's worth asking. There is always something to clean. My team and I had done a really good deep clean of everything a week or 2 before we closed, and there was still more reorganizing that I got done after we closed. And even now, I bet a lot of things are covered in a small layer of dust, which will only get worse.

As for prep - I'll be ready as long as I have like 2 days notice. The day after we closed, I looked at every single product we have and made a note in my phone with every product that expires in the next few months, sorted by month (so I have a list of 15 items that expire in May, another list for June and July). There are going to be a couple things that expire and I'll need to order more, but I'm not too concerned about that. All I really need is to make sure I work the day before we open so I can get pastries and sandwiches pulled, make cold brew, and turn some equipment back on and test it.

What I'm concerned about is how much my team will forget. I might make a list of 10 drinks for each barista to mark, ring, and make, just to get them some practice at the start of their first shift back.

Anyone with Cafe upkeeping their fridges and snacks? My ETLs don't want any of us really worrying about the Starbucks/Cafe area since it's closed, but I sneaked away before heading on my break and pulled half of a cart of expired product that no one is upkeeping. We also have a bunch of product in the back that can be put out, but they just want us cleaning o_O An AP at my store questioned me what I was doing when I was doing it and he was like "Oh good idea." :rolleyes:

Also, what are guys anticipating as far as prep for reopening? I'm coming back to a team that didn't have a team lead for the week before they closed. My kitchen got rearranged by a style team lead who used to work at a corporate Starbucks, that the ETLs allowed to train 2 Apparel tm for Starbucks. I had a little look and they left containers of open beans and all the syrup bottles in the bar (The style lead opened new bottles to train which I found a bit excessive but whatever) and who knows what else. Like I said, they don't want us to worry about the area since it's closed, but I can't help but feel like there is stuff to be done even though it is closed. I also saw that there's product that expires this month, so dealing with that and the fact that we are probably out of it because of that. They also left trash in my store room in the back and I am just afraid of them not giving me time to prepare for a solid reopening.

I'm thinking of asking for 2 weeks, only so that I can deal with the expired product as see what I need to order so that it will be here before we open. I would also like to deep clean the kitchen and stuff but who knows if they'll bite :confused: They also have postponed my promotion since the area is closed, and I can't help but feel like they aren't going to give it to me even when we reopen but who knows.
You donā€™t need two weeks .

The two weeks is just a matter of them giving me time to order so that it will come in when we do open, say we were given that much in advance, but I wouldn't be surprised if it was a "Hey we're gonna be open Monday." I know I don't literally need 2 weeks :p Like if they knew in advance, I'd be able to look and order what we need and leave it at that for that week, then 3 days before do a reorganize and prep because things are a mess.

I wasn't there when they closed, so I don't know much of what is the situation there. I just need time to recoup and analyze the next steps, so like 3 full days tops would be great. Before they closed, they lost the team lead, ETL called me to ask me to come back (I was on an Educational Leave) & I told them the best I can do is commute again. (I did it last semester so they knew I was able which is why they took it, I commute from AZ btw o_O ), then all this craziness happened and before I came back they were closed.

The drinks are a problem for me too, I asked one of my regular baristas how to make a drink and he couldn't remember so I don't know how well the new girls are holding onto their info, or what they even learned to be honest because I haven't met either of them.

My leadership gives me an hour or two a week to pull expired product & restock the cafe cooler case.
So far it's been tossing pizza dough & some juices.
I've asked to be allowed to put in an order to arrive before reopening with a day to clean & set up; so far leadership seems okay with it.

The paperwork we got said we still need to take temps of freezer everyday and check for dates so I do it right before I start my day on the floor

Back