Starbucks Team Leaders

My ordering was opened on 4/28 for our 5/10 reopening. I would assume yours would be open on the 18th or 19th. I have a short lead time for delivery though (only 30 minutes from the East Coast DC). If you don't think you can get a solid order in prior I would reach out to your food director about getting it open sooner so you have time to inventory before your last delivery date prior to reopening.

Has anyone heard when we will be able to order before the May 31 reopening? I would need to order by 10 AM on the 19th to have all my stuff in time. Today we were auto shipped a few things that had expired as well as the stuff for the s’mores Frappuccino.
They push a order of ingredients prior to opening, the list is included in the guide sent to the ETLs. They turned our ordering on about a week ago, and we open 5/10. I would assume the same would go for the remaining stores when the time comes.

What is everyone's barista/store set-up like when opening? The store I work at his a high volume Super Target in Target's Home State. We normally have 2 person play at all times. With a third barista mid day, more on weekend depending on hours given. So this will be some adjusting to, our store is busy even now. So we shall see how this will play out. Our plan:
  • Mon-Fri (Sun & Sat, Barista #2 or #3 comes in earlier depending on business):
    • Barista #1 from Open - 11am (Does sandwich pulls after 15 min break / before leaving).
    • Barista #2 10:00am - 4:30pm (Does Pastry pulls after 15 min break / before leaving).
    • Barista #3 3:00pm - Close (leaves @ 8:30pm) (Takes 15 min break before Barista #4 leaves) (Cleaning/Prep can alternate between Barista #3 & #4).
    • Barista #4 5pm-8pm (Does dishes & prep after 15 min break / before leaving).
  • No barista scheduled to have meal break (due to lack of coverage/hours).
  • If we get lucky and we have some overlap, Bar Barista makes drinks, warm food, brew coffee. POS only rings people up and does a lobby sweep.
  • After every transaction, Barista must wash hands and sanitize POS area before proceeding to make drink (if alone).
  • Only 3 guest can be in the lobby at a time. Social Distancing Stickers on floor to keep people in order (let's see how this actually works out...).
Pretty basic stuff for low volume stores already. But an adjustment for us because we are use to double coverage. And for me because my Company Operated Store has 4-6 Partners on at one time.

Last edited:
My store has been open this whole time... we never closed. First I had a staff of 3 , 1 barista on POS, one for utility (I'm so lucky to be able to have someone just for cleaning). Utility disinfected the entire lobby a min of every 15 minutes. POS does not leave the POS! All staff wears gloves and washes hands every 15 minutes. Everyone who enters the store must be wearing some sort of face mask/covering. X's on floor for every 6 feet, doors propped open, all chairs removed from lobby, only napkins at condiment bar, etc.

Plexi glass was placed in front of the POS and the card reader/ scanner is placed on the guests side providing an extra barrier of protection between staff and guests.

Now that I'm the only one working we've moved to no cash transactions. I wish that's a move Target would make for you all, but I doubt it.

I don’t open until the 31st but I’m worried about how I’m going to fit my 8 hour shifts into the schedule and still be covered.

Does anyone know when the Summer launch is now? And if we are closed at that time to cups and mugs still go out?

I don't think everyone's Starbucks re-opened today. Heard it was a few states (Minnesota).

Steady flow but nothing crazy. People are dumb as shit and can't read to stay distance from each other.

We had all the same issues..no one following distancing rules, couldn’t hear people behind masks/plexi glass. We were pretty busy all day and with 1 barista until mid showed up was out of control.we had to pull a 3rd tm to help with dishes/ prep in the back do we wouldnt have more then 2 behind front counter.. but we really did need more then tm at times

Ours is still closed with a June..tbd? Opening date tbd..? , I can’t wait for my tall iced CM light ice with NF milk and 2 shots of blonde espresso.

Looks like my store hours will be at 127 when we open. They told me I need to have 2 baristas most of the time...that’s not going to happen with my 40 hours coming from there.

Back