Starbucks Team Leaders

There was a communication on work bench that we weren't participating. If we were there would have been a scan sheet to print out like the one we have for frappy hour.

Did you all see the known issue on mySupport with the list of discontinued pastries/sandwiches? No more Dbl smoked bacon, ham and Swiss panini, CC cookie, bbq brisket.

They said they were going to get rid of them for low volume stores months and months ago. Like, last summer or something. I almost mySupported the fact that we still had them.

That's strange. I've been able to order them since I took over TL in November, but all of a sudden I can't order them anymore. The weird part is, those are some of our most popular items (we've been pulling about 6 dbl smoked bacon a day during the week and 10 on weekends).

The cookie was popular for us as well as the doubles smoked bacon. I'll try to order it again.

There was a communication on work bench that we weren't participating. If we were there would have been a scan sheet to print out like the one we have for frappy hour.
I hate when we don't participate. We end up doing it anyway. How can we tell guests that we will take Sbux cards, rewards, etc, then tell them that we won't honor member mondays. We price match a million stores at the Service Desk now, so why not just give us a scan bar? Do any of your stores honor the offers that show up on the app? We honor those too. I tell the guest that as long as I can tell what the offer is, I will honor it. My DM said they are working on making them redeemable at Targets and that it is the biggest complaint from sbux tls.

At our store it was up to the ETL.
Depending on the type of discount/promo sometimes he'd say 'do it'; other times he'd specifically tell us that we weren't participating.

Been reading/lurking for a while but this is my first post. This site has given me useful information and something to laugh about at the end of the day.
I have been approached to be the Starbucks TL because our current TL gave her notice this week. I am currently a SrTL and GSTL, have also been a salesfloor TL. Currently can barely do the register/write on cups! Am thinking of accepting although it will be challenging with a couple of LOD shifts a week. It could go well because I could support my team while LOD. One of my concerns is the lack of support for Starbucks from the rest of the store. A positive is not having to worry about redcards anymore. Any thoughts or things I should think about before I make the jump? Thanks for any input you may have, good or bad.

Been reading/lurking for a while but this is my first post. This site has given me useful information and something to laugh about at the end of the day.
I have been approached to be the Starbucks TL because our current TL gave her notice this week. I am currently a SrTL and GSTL, have also been a salesfloor TL. Currently can barely do the register/write on cups! Am thinking of accepting although it will be challenging with a couple of LOD shifts a week. It could go well because I could support my team while LOD. One of my concerns is the lack of support for Starbucks from the rest of the store. A positive is not having to worry about redcards anymore. Any thoughts or things I should think about before I make the jump? Thanks for any input you may have, good or bad.
Lots of positives and negatives. As with a lot of questions like this, the leadership in your store will make or break it. If you enjoy being a SrTL, then you definitely have a lot going for you and your store. So it's more about making the switch to Starbucks, but doing it in half the shifts. When I got promoted to SBTL, I had never had more than a sip of coffee. I didn't know what a latte was. If something needed requisitioned from Starbucks when I was a GSA, I would sign in to that register and tell the barista to ring it up because I had no idea. It took me a while to get the hang of things, and that was working 32-40 hours per week in Starbucks (I'm also the Food Ave TL, but I rarely spent time there because I had a strong team). Ever since I became a SrTL, I feel like I barely get to spend time behind the bar.

It also depends on the store structure/volume. At my store, we were at a volume that would give us 1 TL for SB and FA, plus a Food Service Assistant. We have never had an FSA at my store. Then last year, we had earned enough sales to gain a second TL. We never got that TL. Now I'm being told (by my somewhat new ETL, who everyone hates) that I'm spending too much time in Starbucks and Food Ave during my LOD shifts. This paragraph is the main reason why I'm stepping down from being a SrTL.

If you have a FATL or at least an FSA (or you're such a low volume that you don't get either) and you like your ETLs and STL, then I say go for it. It will be rough at first because Starbucks is not easy to learn, but it's great once you get the hang of it.

If you do take the position, please keep reading this thread. We've all learned a lot from each other. And don't be afraid to ask questions! We're happy to help.

Another positive is having a fairly small team [compared to FE anyhow]. I really like my team and have a chance to work with them. You do need to know that you will be running a business within a business. Most of the bullseye has no clue what goes on in sbux. Probably even your ETL. You need to be pretty self sufficient and self motivated. All in all, it's fun. Don't let the training worry you. It's just like when you had to learn front end. Yeah, and no redcards.

It's on redwire. I was off yesterday and I'm the closing LOD tonight so I doubt my team even knows about it. They probably would've texted me if a guest had asked.

Make a strawberries and creme frap, but don't put it in the cup yet. It says "Line the cup. Circle the inside of the cup 2 times around the top line. Uniform circle." Then pour it in. Then "Top with whipped cream. Shake 1x the matcha powder onto the whipped cream."

The drizzle that they mention is a mix of white mocha and matcha powder. You put 3 pumps of white mocha into a steaming pitcher. Add 1 (slightly rounded) scoop of matcha. Mix with a spoon. Then put 8 more pumps of white mocha. Mix again. Then put it into a drizzle bottle. Date for 3 days and keep in the fridge. Also, put matcha into a condiment bar shaker and date for 14 days.

Offered 3/15-3/20.

I love STCFs, so I like that part. And the rest doesn't seem like it would hardly affect the taste at all because there is so little of it. Basically it's a way to make a drink prettier so people will buy it.

Back