Starbucks Team Leaders

Copied directly from workbench:

Starbucks Hours Allocation
Page Content
Beginning in March, Starbucks payroll allocation will be executed differently in order to support business growth and ensure guests receive outstanding service.
  • Analysis shows that lower volume stores have the largest opportunity to grow sales.
    • Historically however, hour allocation has been the leanest in these stores which often results in longer lines, lost sales, and guest and team member dissatisfaction.
    • Most mid to high volume stores will see minimal changes in their allocations (slight reductions).
    • Lower volume stores will have additional hours allocated to Starbucks.
  • To prove the success of this new approach, it is critical the hours allocated to your store for Starbucks are used in that work center and are not reallocated to other areas of the store.
    • Data shows that those stores that use 95%-100% of their Starbucks hours show increased sales growth and improved operations (which is good business for Target as Starbucks is the MOST profitable business in the store and 8% of an average store's transactions happen in Starbucks!)
    • Hours for Starbucks are independent and are not impacting hours allocated in other areas of the store
      • Hour allocations may be higher than other work centers in the store because Starbucks requires team member staffing during all hours of operation.
  • Before April Schedules are Written – Fully schedule all hours allocated to Starbucks within the Starbucks work center.

I already sent this in an email to my STL, ETL-HR, ETL-SF/GE, and another email to all SBTLs in the city and the SBDM. Fingers crossed.
Where was this policy when I was there? We always got 40+ hours taken away from us and given to other workcenters. It was hard to get anything done.

I think the policy was there. I even mySupported it and got almost this exact answer a while back. But the problem was that they said that every workcenter should use their allocated hours, which is just complete bullshit, as I explained in my post. I'm also the food ave TL and I would feel guilty if I used all 120 hours over there while the sales floor is getting rekt.

But this one is specific to Starbucks and talks about how profitable we are and how high our transaction count is. 8% seems pretty low, but maybe that's just me. My store is closer to 9.5%. My old STL was shocked when he saw that.

But this one is specific to Starbucks and talks about how profitable we are and how high our transaction count is. 8% seems pretty low, but maybe that's just me. My store is closer to 9.5%. My old STL was shocked when he saw that.[/QUOTE]

Its just under 11% for me. My DM says it is his highest. Lots of people who just come in for us!

• Most mid to high volume stores will see minimal changes in their allocations (slight reductions).
    • Lower volume stores will have additional hours allocated to Starbucks.
  • To prove the success of this new approach, it is critical the hours allocated to your store for Starbucks are used in that work center and are not reallocated to other areas of the store.
    • Data shows that those stores that use 95%-100% of their Starbucks hours show increased sales growth and improved operations (which is good business for Target as Starbucks is the MOST profitable business in the store and 8% of an average store's transactions happen in Starbucks!)
    • Hours for Starbucks are independent and are not impacting hours allocated in other areas of the store
      • Hour allocations may be higher than other work centers in the store because Starbucks requires team member staffing during all hours of operation.
  • Before April Schedules are Written – Fully schedule all hours allocated to Starbucks within the Starbucks work center.
My store is A vol & leaders were constantly gutting our hours as much as 20% yet we always had green scores (while the rest of the store hovered between red/yellow) so they figured we could make do with less.
Combine that with a front end that never supported us except to demand samples & give away freebies.
We were always the red-headed step-child at the blonde-haired family reunion.

I read this today too. My store is higher than 8%. We get people who solely come to Target for us. I think the 8% was referring to Starbucks as whole in the company.

My follow up visit with my SBDM went well. She had to really look to criticize something so I took that as a win. My ETL was with me and she just kept grinning because she knew that my DM was happy with us. To be honest, I have to applaud my ETL. She closed last night coming in at 3pm and stayed overnight with our Sr. Merch, ETL-Replenishment to finish the truck that our flow team wasn't able to complete but she stayed to be in the visit with me. She was dead tired but didn't want to leave until she was done with my visit.

Hi guys- I've only posted once in the whole forum but I'm having a pickle right now and could really use some advice. I had a similar problem to the poster who was having lots of issues earlier, just transitional stuff, not used to Spot dynamics and things.
Well long story short, I had a miscommunication with a team member and accidentally recycled a whole box of filters, leaving us without. We borrowed a few from a sister store but I've borrowed so much from them at this point I feel bad asking for absolutely any more. Is there any on the floor to be req-Ed in that are big enough? Is it possible to get big enough ones else where? Honestly at this point I'd cut the ten dollar loss & pay for them & call it a day . Any advice would rock!

Hi guys- I've only posted once in the whole forum but I'm having a pickle right now and could really use some advice. I had a similar problem to the poster who was having lots of issues earlier, just transitional stuff, not used to Spot dynamics and things.
Well long story short, I had a miscommunication with a team member and accidentally recycled a whole box of filters, leaving us without. We borrowed a few from a sister store but I've borrowed so much from them at this point I feel bad asking for absolutely any more. Is there any on the floor to be req-Ed in that are big enough? Is it possible to get big enough ones else where? Honestly at this point I'd cut the ten dollar loss & pay for them & call it a day . Any advice would rock!
It depends what kind of Brewer you have. Is there another store you could borrow filters from? Maybe even a Starbucks store itself. I've done that before and I became friends with a Starbucks store manager and she has gotten supplies from me more times than I borrow from her. What advice do you need?

Not sure where you live. If there is a Smart and Final or Gordons food service around, they should have them big enough. Really though, sister stores are usually understanding.

At my store (low-volume p-fresh) there are no filters on the floor that fit in the brewer. I would request an emergency order as soon as you can. For that you'll need to email your Starbucks LSR (logistics something representative). If you don't know who that is email your district manager and they can help you. Until the emergency order comes in, I would just get ready for a lot of pour-overs! Or you could brew in a few French presses and then pour them into the airport to keep warm.

Are you guys ready for happy hour? If so, how are you preparing?

Fighting for hours! If the Member Mondays are any indication, we will be crushed! Not sure how you guys didn't have a riot telling guests that we weren't participating--had lots of people in line. I am also training a few front end tms to run the register and mark cups--just for the back up. I have a couple of baristas who have been through it before, but most of them not. I keep telling them that it will be like Black Friday only Fraps instead of hot drinks. They didn't believe me about how busy Black Friday would be. I have carved out a small additional area in the br for extra supplies. We only have one blender, so we are limited in how many people can be making fraps at a time anyway.

My first Happy Hour was buy one get one free--much less busy actually.

How do you handle the guests who get there 15 20 minutes early--I hate to be a jerk, but . . . .

Finally selling Smoothies! The Defense Up has been super popular. Moms have a fit when they see it's a venti though!

url.jpg

Your hours haven't increased? No one at my store has asked for the member Mondays.

My STL considered the news about hours allocation as a suggestion only! I did get a few more hours, but not what was allocated. My DM talked to her too. I really struggle just to get the basics done.

Back