Starbucks Team Leaders

I’m at a flex format store and own Starbucks. I didn’t interview, I was just transferred. It was a lateral move so no interview needed I guess. If you get interviewed, I’m sure you can ask for a raise. You’ll need to come up with reasons why.
I'm already a Starbucks tl, so this would technically be a lateral move for myself as well but I was still told I had to go through interviews. Is Starbucks your only department? Were you hired on as tl or Srtl?

I'm already a Starbucks tl, so this would technically be a lateral move for myself as well but I was still told I had to go through interviews. Is Starbucks your only department? Were you hired on as tl or Srtl?
I was a Srtl sales floor and got transferred over as a Sr Starbucks tl. I think my dtl had to approve us being over headcount so I could come along.

You guys see that Redwire message saying, the ETL overseeing Starbucks must be Barista Certified. All ETL hence forth coming out of Target ETL Business school (whatever you want to call it). Must be Barista Certified if they are in charge of Starbucks.

Nope. Are you sure you weren't just dreaming? I checked any message that has been completed within the last 2 weeks and didn't see it.

They just rolled out the new training that replaces AST, but anything beyond LVM was optional only for the etl overseeing Starbucks. That’s was as of yesterday though so who knows.

6nFtScj_d.jpg

My former ETL-GS went to the 40 hour training class. She can still not write a cup to this day. She's a hag. She's the reason that I quit for good. I asked for a 2 week LOA, which she denied. Oh well. Now it's a mess and everyone is stealing. Nobody can make a drink. There is now one person left who can make a proper drink.

How/who certifies a barista?
How/ who certifies someone AST?
Thank you
I certify everyone. AST is changing. I think some DMs prefer to certify that.

Go through the barista certification kit. Watch them make everything, and make sure they do it correctly. I always throw in some non-standard beverages as well. Bottom line, if you wouldn't pay for a drink they make, don't certify.

Yeahh, my ETL would never be able to do the barista basics.

Spring planning meeting today and hopefully one of my baristas will be AST certified today as well. :) Trying to have a 2nd one certified by the end of the month as well before I take maternity leave in April.

My DM does the certifications for AST, but I do the certs for baristas.

Anyone know how I can order the signage that goes in the RTD case? Steritech made a big deal about us not having pricing displayed on the beverages (I only had the Ethos water sign in the case because that's literally the only one I've been sent in over a year.) Like can she actually even mark us on that?!

Anyone know how I can order the signage that goes in the RTD case? Steritech made a big deal about us not having pricing displayed on the beverages (I only had the Ethos water sign in the case because that's literally the only one I've been sent in over a year.) Like can she actually even mark us on that?!
Good luck. Your DM will probably tell you to try mySupporting it or to email the LSR. If you mySupport it, they'll likely tell you to talk to the LSR. If you talk to the LSR, they'll probably tell you to mySupport it.

If I were you, I'd try both of those, but don't get your hopes up. Target says Starbucks takes care of it and Starbucks says to get it through Target. It's infuriating. When my old store got warming, they didn't send the signs for any of the sandwiches. I think I had to borrow from another store for 6 months until I got my own signs.

I figured it would be an LSR thing but we have a PPV in a week so I'll ask my DM as well. Steritech has been marking us for ridiculous things and it's making it very hard to get a green these days. "The gap between the counters and the wall are too big"...."Your tables and chairs have scratches in them" ....

Since they now do store compliance too, there are so many things you can miss on. I thought my guy was bad, but yours sounds like he takes the cake.

if its a you didn't get the new stuff, the lsr can support. if its i need to replace the contingency stuff actual sign you need to borrow from another store. this leads me to asking lsr to give me any signs i need every time it comes up so i have a spare.

How/who certifies a barista?
How/ who certifies someone AST?
Thank you
so certifying a barista, you should have a barista trainer. you get the basics of the job and hey if you see they gave a bad drink what do you do? close enough? ok. if its miles wrong you step in and correct.

ast, the dm does it. you can train a team member to do it. its basically can you support the work center. order supplies, make sure equipment works.

Back