Starbucks Team Leaders

I had so many people call and say they were going to be waiting for right when the store open for those new Matte pink studded cups on Tuesday 3/24. Now that today’s our last day are we allowed to still sell or do we just postpone since we aren’t going to be open?
We already sold all of them like 2 weeks ago at my old store because their food service TL is a dumbass and let someone buy the entire case

I put in a mySupport a couple weeks ago to see if they could stop the registers from being able to sell the cups until launch day. (Like a street dated movie) They replied back that I could put them out any time. I emailed my DM and she said the same thing. What is the point of launch day if we can put them out whenever? I still didn’t put them out until today because I told so many people they wouldn’t be out until 3/24.

There's no chance they'll take the time to code in a street date for it, but yeah I've heard another DM say just put it out, which I don't understand either.

I put in a mySupport a couple weeks ago to see if they could stop the registers from being able to sell the cups until launch day. (Like a street dated movie) They replied back that I could put them out any time. I emailed my DM and she said the same thing. What is the point of launch day if we can put them out whenever? I still didn’t put them out until today because I told so many people they wouldn’t be out until 3/24.
My Dm wanted us to just postpone and not sell but we told him my SD thinks we should still sale them at the registers and he agreed. So we are selling them tomorrow morning!!

It’s really not fair to people when they’re told that there’s a specific launch date for something (they even advertise these launch dates) and then they come to get it only to find out it completely sold out a week prior 😳 (not sure I understand the hype behind the cups though...)

Agreed. I didn’t expect much from the mySupport but I had hoped they would try to start to enforce the date better. Hate getting all those calls about it and trying to explain why other stores sold them and we won’t.

I still havent put my cups out because other shit has been way more of a priority than cups. I'll do it tomorrow if I have time but we'll see.
Our store has lost a LOT of tms to LOAs but we are comping up 70%

No I'm not with target anymore i work for another licensee on a college campus. They all got kicked out of the dorms and sent home. Minus the 1.7k international students with nowhere to go.. they furloughed 90% of the salary managers here. As of now we are still open but everything changes by the hour. The situation in NY is crazy. I hope everyone is taking this seriously.

Well here in Minnesota, the Governor announced a "Stay at Home" order. And extended restaurant/bar closures until May 1st (except for delivery/mobile/pick-up). So here in Minnesota, we will definitely be closed until than.

As for Company Operated Starbucks. They are providing Partners catastrophe pay and 30 day leave until April 19th when they announced all Cafe only store closures (2 days before all Tarbux announced closures). Everything Tarbux did up until closing was 1-2 days after company op stores did.

Take that info however you like.

I haven't heard anything about reopening, but I do know that I didn't get any payroll for the newest schedule, so I know my team will be out on the floor until the 10th. Honestly, I'm alright with that given the current circumstances...my people have been a HUGE help in areas that REALLY needed the help (guest services and OPU).

.....and Karen isn't going to keel over if she doesn't get her $7.00 non-essential latte.

Again, not sure if this is an indication for what Target might do. Starbucks announced internally that Cafe Only stores will remain closed until May 3rd. With the Paid Time Off (Catastrophe Pay) and $3/hr to those that choose to continue working extended to that date.

So guys be prepared for a long month. My store, stuck all the Starbucks TM on the Front Lanes 😢

Glad I only work 2 days a week 😅

Back