Archived Target Wallet

Status
Not open for further replies.
I used it the other day and it did not take off 10% or the 20% TM discount for the salad I was buying, but the payment did go through. It was only a $5 purchase, but I probably won't be using it.
This is a stupid question along the lines of "did you power cycle the device", but here goes anyway. Do you have your TM discount code entered in your Target.com account? Does it actually show up on the Wallet page in the app?

This is a stupid question along the lines of "did you power cycle the device", but here goes anyway. Do you have your TM discount code entered in your Target.com account? Does it actually show up on the Wallet page in the app?
Under wallet, it shows your discount number, payment method & Cartwheel.

Used mine today and it worked perfectly. All discounts applied (Although i did scan the $10 GC for $40 of apparel first - pulled up under the coupons)

Yep, my discount is on the wallet portion of the app, so I'm not sure what's going on. Maybe it was a one time glitch, so I'll try again.

If you do it before, and then hit pay it does the same thing.

The only issue I've had is it doesn't want to cooperate with my phone's fingerprint scanner. Every other app I have that uses a fingerprint to log in works just fine except for this one.

I had an issue with the fingerprint scanner the first day or two, then it corrected itself. I did email feedback about it, which gives them your phone and os info. So that may have helped.

My issue is that you can load gift cards onto the app but with Wallet, you have to apply those separately before the payment barcode is scanned. I used it today and was a bit surprised (and unhappy) that my gift cards didn't apply to the purchase.

My issue is that you can load gift cards onto the app but with Wallet, you have to apply those separately before the payment barcode is scanned. I used it today and was a bit surprised (and unhappy) that my gift cards didn't apply to the purchase.
they told me (and it's in workbench) that it will be integrated along with mobile coupons into the main barcode soon.

That's probably what I'm happiest about. It's easier for me to keep my gift cards on the app, but I might not want to use them right away, so I'm glad it's a separate barcode.

How do you guys have time to read workbench if you work GS?
At the beginning/end of a shift/break, or just by looking at it on a myDevice. workbench.target.com. I set it as an icon on a couple of the old iPods and then realized you can't delete any links like that lol.

This provides a nice workaround for new TMs who don't have their discount card yet (especially if HR doesn't give out the temporary ones), since they can add it on the website and sign in on the app. Works whether or not you have a redcard. Discovered that today.

You mean you can pay with a credit card and it still takes your discount?
Nope, xzero is just saying that you can add it to the app so the cashier has something to scan, rather than typing in your numbers. You'd still have to use one of the approved payment methods.

I still can't add my red card. Using the fingerprint scanner, it just gives me an http 401 or 403 error. Logging into my spot account doesn't work either. *shrug*

Nope, xzero is just saying that you can add it to the app so the cashier has something to scan, rather than typing in your numbers. You'd still have to use one of the approved payment methods.
Right, if you pay cash it works. Probably doesn't work if you use a different payment method, but I didn't and wouldn't try it. I just mean that the Wallet works for just Cartwheel+TM Discount, which wasn't totally clear until I tried it (we had been told that a redcard was required to use it, which is pretty much par for the course for my store).

Tried using it twice so far at self checkout with no success...scanned all items, scanned barcode and hit "pay" but it takes me to the screen to select payment type (card, cash, etc.). I hit card but then it prompts me to put my red card into the card reader.

It does apply the discounts properly (both team and Cartwheel) but doesn't seem to like the red card for some reason.

Tried using it twice so far at self checkout with no success...scanned all items, scanned barcode and hit "pay" but it takes me to the screen to select payment type (card, cash, etc.). I hit card but then it prompts me to put my red card into the card reader.

It does apply the discounts properly (both team and Cartwheel) but doesn't seem to like the red card for some reason.
Did you make sure your RC is selefted in payment method in the app as opposed to no payment

Did you make sure your RC is selefted in payment method in the app as opposed to no payment

Yes, it shows the Red Card (last 4 digits) setup as the payment type.

I did try scanning a 2nd time (can't remember in what screen), but it displayed a dialog about the wallet already being applied to the sale, so not sure why it won't process without the card.

Can I let a guest use my cartwheel if I immediately void out the employee discount off of the transaction or would it be better to just use the missed cartwheel price change if the guest is having difficulty pulling up cartwheel on their phone.

Can I let a guest use my cartwheel if I immediately void out the employee discount off of the transaction or would it be better to just use the missed cartwheel price change if the guest is having difficulty pulling up cartwheel on their phone.
Yeah I would not do that. Too risky if the void doesn’t work/glitches and then you give out your discount. If the guest has trouble I apologize and say if it works later today you can always go to the service desk and they can fix it.

Then they come to the service desk while I’m back there from backing up and have tons of little things and I realized I played myself.

Yeah I would not do that. Too risky if the void doesn’t work/glitches and then you give out your discount. If the guest has trouble I apologize and say if it works later today you can always go to the service desk and they can fix it.

Then they come to the service desk while I’m back there from backing up and have tons of little things and I realized I played myself.
I know. I back up service desk and most things other than actual returns and card payments they prefer me to do myself if there is any kind of line at the service desk but when I do I always let them know that I can do it because I have been specifically trained to do so and there will be times when the cashier will need to send the guest to the service desk to do the same type of correction.

At my store the lanes cannot be used for anything other than straight sales. Anything that requires you to scan the receipt (except maybe reprint gift receipt for those who know how) has to be done at GS.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back