Archived Things Team Members [Leaders] Do/Pet Peeves Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

NKG

Nkg
Last edited:
To mirror the "Things Guest's do/pet peeves thread" The Things Guests Do/Pet Peeves Thread - https://www.thebreakroom.org/threads/the-things-guests-do-pet-peeves-thread.10818/

Let's hit it with Team Members-

Team members who lift the top tier of the smart carts. Those FMrs don't go down easy

TMS that put repacks on smart carts

Getting a zebra and then asking if we carry something...why do you even have a mydevice???
I was wondering why team members were using smart carts until I realized you meant the 2 tiered carts. We refer to the electric carts as smart carts. I don’t know why.

My biggest pet peeve is when Plano is resetting a section, a guests asks where something is, and then they ask me because I’m working the area. I look at them and say “I don’t know, you’re the one setting the aisle, where’d you move it to?”

I was wondering why team members were using smart carts until I realized you meant the 2 tiered carts. We refer to the electric carts as smart carts. I don’t know why.

I'll change it to 3 tier but we call them that.

ETL/TLs: Using up the colored ink in the AP office printing off 50 page planograms for one single page. Using up all of the paper without saying anything. Slamming the door when they leave.

TMs: "Hahaha I'm not stealing today!" in front of guests. Awkward silence ensues.

Leaving stuff in fire halls or putting Z racks back when I move them. Not calling a call box when it goes off. Talking on channel one with another walkie close, that screech is the worst.

Signing their 60-second huddle acknowledgment... and then doing the exact opposite five minutes later. Mf'er can you read?

Not cleaning up after themselves in the break room. Refusing to get someone to unlock the equipment room and just dumping equipment on the desk/counter in TSC instead when there are plenty of people around who could open the door. Refusing to use the sort stuff function at guest services and just tossing things where they THINK things go instead... or worse, just into a random cart.

Flow shoving 15+ jugs of detergent into a space meant for 10...or just putting them in a random spot. Also flow bowling boxes but not actually opening them and putting the stuff on the shelf.

And for the love of God, use the sort function to put your abandon in the correct cart at GS.

And for the love of God, use the sort function to put your abandon in the correct cart at GS.

Yes PLEASE. Not only does it ensure that it hits the correct cart (we have a variety of bouncy balls in four different departments at the moment, and until you scan, you don't know which it is), but it also registers the item on the cart list for anyone doing reshop without a MyDevice. Which happens every single morning at my store because we don't have any available until Flow team goes home.

Talking just for the sake of talking over the walkie. Rambling on one for way too long or just constantly finding a reason to make their voice heard.

We have a cashier, who will call up to guest service pretty much everyday and ask [insert basic item]’s return policy. You have been here for a while, sir, you must know at least the basic policy. And he calls for backup while the gstl/ gsa is watching the lanes. Like gsa/ gstl is speed weaving and directing and he just loves to hear his own voice, so he’ll use any excuse to talk, which always irks me because it makes our wonderful gsa/gstls looks bad.

Team members who think that SFS "just shops" all day.

Team members who get upset with us when we ask for help finding an item (softlines and beauty, I'm looking at you!).

Flow TMs who don't even try to push to the right location, then deny it when you call them out on it.

Team leaders who want SFS to do non-SFS tasks even when there's picking and packing to be done, especially when a walk is coming up, but then don't want to help us catch up after they put us behind.

OMG, yes. Unless you KNOW which water bottles go in sporting goods and which ones go in kitchen (Oh, you didn't even know they went in more than one place? WELL THERE YOU GO!) or whether that other thing belongs in toys or softlines or dollar spot or seasonal or some random endcap at the registers, check them first.

Putting kids bikes out still in the brown cardboard instead of removing them from the shipping box LIKE IT INSTRUCTS YOU TO DO ON THE BOX.

Our softline tms push softlines from a metro.

What's a metro?

Returning a z rack to the backroom that has 2 items that need to backstocked but is left instead.

Guest Service is not the dumping ground for your problems!!! No, operator, you can't just transfer "difficult" calls or people you don't understand to Guest Service. No, Hardlines, you can't just leave your cart of reshop from zoning at Guest Service. Work that shit out yourself. And I swear to god Softlines/Market, if I call you for your reshop one more FUCKING TIME....

but it also registers the item on the cart list for anyone doing reshop without a MyDevice.

that's still a thing?

As I said, there are no devices available until Flow goes home. So if we're reshopping before about 11 am, were using the printouts, the guest price checkers, and our own memories of where things are located.

So if we're reshopping before about 11 am, were using the printouts, the guest price checkers, and our own memories of where things are located.

I had no idea until last night that a) when you sort stuff the register logs it and b) it's supposed to go into a specific cart and c) once the cart is full that log is supposed to be printed out and attached to the cart and only then can d) the cart be sent out to the floor. I know this because GS printed them last night for the first time in, well, I'm guessing at least since I started 6 months ago. It took 2 receipt rolls, which they rerolled by hand.

Ain't nobody got time for that. As long as the carts are reasonably sorted, we can handle it. Guest price scanners or a shared device/PDA are the norm in the mornings (which is probably why most reshop gets done in the afternoons. That and there's often no hardlines in the mornings, or only just one person, anyway).

Until Tmap's awesome app, that is.

We have little bins at GS. We still zone with carts but can’t shouldn’t keep the one at the fitting room per directives.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back