Archived Time frame for receiving a final warning

Status
Not open for further replies.

AKADuchess

BR/Instock TL
I was told that there is a certain time frame in which you are supposed to be called into the office to receive a final. My ETL told myself and a TM that the TM was going on a final (for something we both thought was ridiculous, but hey.) Fast forward like two or so months now, and the ETL-HR nor STL have called him in about it.

So my question is how long did they actually have or do they still have time to?

Thanks!

Final warning usually given immediately. It last for 1 year. We need some more details, like if it attendance issues or whatever. A ca or corrected action is given before a final warning.

Any corrective action *can* take a long time, depending on your HR ETL. Because mine is a noob, it took six weeks to get a final approved because he had to check with his "mentor" in another store and then talk to the HR BP and then rewrite it four times and then finally wait until the "right time" to deliver it.

On the other hand, at another store, it took less than a day to get a final approved and delivered.

Final warning usually given immediately. It last for 1 year. We need some more details, like if it attendance issues or whatever. A ca or corrected action is given before a final warning.

It was supposed to be for buying something before it was on the shelf for 15 minutes. Their was no previous CA or any verbals for it before, it was a one time thing that was supposed to go straight to a final. He was told he was going to be called in over the next few days to receive it. After a week, my ETL said to be quiet about it and it they take to long, they will lose the ability to file it, but my ETL did not say how long that could be. Its been over two months now and he still has not been called in for it.

That sure seems more like a CA than a final.
Maybe the the STL told them it was stupid.

It can take a long time to get it. Usually when the ETLS know they are going to write someone up. AP opens up a Investgation on the team member to dig up more dirt. They have one year to issue you a final from the date of offense. Once the final is issued you're on a final for one year. For example you were caught drinking Starbucks without paying for it. Which is a final. You were caught on 5/1/15. The ETLS have until 5/1/16 to write you up for it. If they write you up on 5/1/16 you will be on a final till 5/1/17.

Violation of team member purchasing guidelines (clr from the back, or stuff not represented on the floor, or the 15 minute rule) is an automatic final.

Violation of team member purchasing guidelines (clr from the back, or stuff not represented on the floor, or the 15 minute rule) is an automatic final.
Yep. Target takes this stuff really seriously. I saw a team member terminated over shopping clearance in the backroom.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back