Archived Workday

Status
Not open for further replies.
My workday at 2nd job allows me to punch in & out. Depends on the IT folks allow.
Targets workday is super limited through the app. You can just update personal information and view pay. For now target still uses mytime for any time related things. I’m sure in the future everything will be through workday but not yet.

Just heard back from my HR. After exploring workday on her own she found out her HRBP is full of crap and doesn't know what she's talking about. All TLs can submit performance docs for any TMs in the store. GSAs are treated as TMs so they will still need to partner with a TL to performance a cashier.

From the way my HR explained it to me: Every TM is aligned with a TL and every TL is aligned with an ETL. Only those in the alignment can submit the coachings. However, I don't think that should stop you from carrying out the counseling. Have the conversations. Write the paperwork and ask the appropriate TL/ETL to submit it. It'd be ridiculous to think that 1 GSTL can't write up a cashier because he's in the other GSTL's alignment. Same for others throughout the store.

TMs are not aligned with a TL. TMs and TLs are both aligned under their ETL.

Just heard back from my HR. After exploring workday on her own she found out her HRBP is full of crap and doesn't know what she's talking about. All TLs can submit performance docs for any TMs in the store. GSAs are treated as TMs so they will still need to partner with a TL to performance a cashier.

Corporate seems to want the leaders who are directly in charge of the TMs to be the ones to do a lot of the processes so that could be why your HRBP said what she said.

Last edited:
I'm not overreacting. Think about hackers.
Ahhh first overreacting now crazy. You think a hacker couldnt get any of that information before workday? Just because it’s a different format doesn’t change security risks. Honestly it’s probably even more secure considering it’s a third party company that specializes in HR applications?

Ahhh first overreacting now crazy. You think a hacker couldnt get any of that information before workday? Just because it’s a different format doesn’t change security risks. Honestly it’s probably even more secure considering it’s a third party company that specializes in HR applications?
Plus it’s secured with ID2.0 so even if someone got your number and password they would still need the answer to a security question

See but when I log in and try to type anyone's name that isn't under my direct team, their info doesn't populate in the initiate performance discussion box. So I don't see how I would coach outside of my team, without needing to partner with their TL. Which honestly I think is common courtesy anyway, but yah.

See but when I log in and try to type anyone's name that isn't under my direct team, their info doesn't populate in the initiate performance discussion box. So I don't see how I would coach outside of my team, without needing to partner with their TL. Which honestly I think is common courtesy anyway, but yah.
I haven’t attempted to initiate a performance discussion with someone not on my team but I do know I can view any performance discussion

A couple of questions.

1) Why change to this new garbage over the system that worked?

2) I guess we can no longer check our checks every Tuesday morning?

Sick of this company wasting money on frivolous shit like this 😤

Thanks for that. I got used to budgeting every Tuesday and was a little put off this morning when it wasn't showing my check.

Saame! I was up this morning at 3/4am trying to look at my paystub and do my budget. Then when I got to work at 11, I tried there but there was no hr to tell me this Wednesday business. Guess I'm staying up til 3 again...

No mention at all in my store. Without TBR, I would not have known. And if I mention it, people will want to know how I found out!

I found out on Reddit then when I went to work on the first all of a sudden there were signs up. They don't do huddles at Starbucks though so it's possible other people knew 🤷🏾‍♀️. They don't care about us

Soooo, does it unnerve anyone else just a little that workday allows you to see employment history for ETLs and the like? Or that it lets TLs see review scores for anyone they technically oversee?

I used to stalk etls on LinkedIn so that part isn't bothersome to me. I hadn't looked up my new etl until just now in workday though and he started as a fucking cashier to gsa to gstl then some e
Sr tl positions. He's been with the company only a year longer than me and has so much to show for it lol. Im now face to face with my lack of ambition

Would be super nice if they made this app the default for everything, including the work schedule. It is much smoother than Kronos and definitely a step up from EHR. Not everything is perfect yet, but it did just launch for Target.

Branch was better. Was disappointed when we changed to Kronos.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back