Archived annual merit raise

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been at Target for almost seven months and got 9 DEOs and 1 DIO so they categorized me as a DEO and gave me a 2.9% raise... I started at $10 last year as a TM.

Still waiting to hear anything about my review. I keep alternating between anxiety over who I'll get it from and what I'll get and "fuck it, I don't fucking care."

We're doing yearly reviews at the DC now. However, no raise associated with it.

I just got mine tonight I love being seasonal as you only get graded on under a month and then get 10 cents because really excell in 3 weeks

I've been at Target for almost seven months and got 9 DEOs and 1 DIO so they categorized me as a DEO and gave me a 2.9% raise... I started at $10 last year as a TM.

Nice, yeah if you get the same next year you will get a bigger raise. Your raise was only small because it was pro rated for not being over a full year

Multiple team members received a 1% raise. Questions are starting to be asked to corporate

I'm new *waves* have lurked for quite awhile though.
I've been a member on a specialty team at a AAA volume store for almost 5 years now. My previous reviews have been between effective and excellent, which is fine by me.

I just found out I got a .12 raise (1%). Haven't been coached on performance or attendance in the past year. Haven't been spoken to about needing improvement in even the most informal manner!

I cried when I got that paper. I was too upset to even read it. I asked my TL later about specific things on the list I got NIO on, such as using equipment to help guests and supporting shortage culture (???) and she said I "nailed them" most of the time. How, I asked, does that logically lead to the worst possible score then? I was then told that she could move the checkmark over if it would make me feel better, but it wasn't going to change my score because these things aren't what determined my score. (????)

She mentioned ETLs had raised concerns about my attendance and that affected my review, but I haven't been on the attendance report once. In addition, I have intermittent medical leave that is what I'm using the times I do call out.

I have the option to talk to ETL-HR, but I've been told not to do it and to call the hotline directly. Any thoughts? I'm just really angry and disheartened, honestly.

I'm new *waves* have lurked for quite awhile though.
I've been a member on a specialty team at a AAA volume store for almost 5 years now. My previous reviews have been between effective and excellent, which is fine by me.

I just found out I got a .12 raise (1%). Haven't been coached on performance or attendance in the past year. Haven't been spoken to about needing improvement in even the most informal manner!

I cried when I got that paper. I was too upset to even read it. I asked my TL later about specific things on the list I got NIO on, such as using equipment to help guests and supporting shortage culture (???) and she said I "nailed them" most of the time. How, I asked, does that logically lead to the worst possible score then? I was then told that she could move the checkmark over if it would make me feel better, but it wasn't going to change my score because these things aren't what determined my score. (????)

She mentioned ETLs had raised concerns about my attendance and that affected my review, but I haven't been on the attendance report once. In addition, I have intermittent medical leave that is what I'm using the times I do call out.

I have the option to talk to ETL-HR, but I've been told not to do it and to call the hotline directly. Any thoughts? I'm just really angry and disheartened, honestly.
Unless you could fight through legal channels you are better off just smiling and asking how you can improve your score. My review was similar to yours. Its the shit topping on the sundae of a pissy year. They marked me down on stuff they couldn't possibly back up and they know that I know that. They don't care.

Guess who will be the first person to talk to you if you call the hotline? The ETL HR lol. The hotline is a last resort since all they do is tell your etl HR/STL that someone complained and to go investigate it. Now if you talk to your etl HR and she totally dismisses you, you can consider it

Unless you could fight through legal channels you are better off just smiling and asking how you can improve your score. My review was similar to yours. Its the shit topping on the sundae of a pissy year. They marked me down on stuff they couldn't possibly back up and they know that I know that. They don't care.

To me it feels like they picked a score DEO DIO and ION and then filled in the boxes secondarily

To me it feels like they picked a score DEO DIO and ION and then filled in the boxes secondarily
Ding ding ding!
We have a winner.
Store gets budget for 'raises', leadership meets to decide who gets what in terms of overall score then boxes are filled in to justify the score.
Whether they're accurate or not is merely a nebulous detail.

Usually how reviews work is the ETLs/STL have a meeting where they decide everyone's overall score. Then the TLs are told to write a review based on that score.

Based on your TL saying the ETLs had concerns over your attendance, I would bet when your name came up they just thought about the times you called off without considering (or even having knowledge of) your intermittent medical LOA.

I'm not too familiar with how an intermittent LOA works, but if it's covered under FMLA they aren't allowed to punish you for that time off. Bring your concerns to the ETL-HR first before going to the hotline, because that's the first person they will contact anyway.

Go to your ETL HR. If you have no coachings or CAs, they really can't justify an ION. If attendance is brought up, remind her that you have the intermittent LOA, and that can't be considered poor attendance.

Update: had a discussion with HR. Stayed 40 minutes past the end of my shift and got paid, so that's swell!

I told them it seemed to be against Target's values, as I've come to understand them, to see an area--apparently several areas--of improvement for a team member and communicate none of it when there was a year to address it. The goal is for everyone to do their best, yes? To make progress?

I told her how little sense it made to me to sit through a review where my team leader told me I was well-rounded, a valued member of the team, and that I achieved everything on the list *most* of the time but received the worst possible score in those categories.

She said my feedback was SO helpful and that she was SO thankful and she'd work on better communication between the leadership. I think she expected me to accept that that was that and end the conversation. NOPE! In the end I said I was still going to call the hotline and she looked a bit nervous/pained.

A little birdie has told me that even though the hotline just takes the issue back to STL/HR, when they are called in it negatively impacts leadership's scores and bonuses. So they try to prevent it going out of the store as much as possible.

It's just laughable to sit through half an hour of someone eating Panera while saying that it's just a new system and ION isn't a BAD review and it's an opportunity to do better next year!!!

I do think my store really tries to give fair raises. I thought mine was very fair, I worked my ass off for it, and they acknowledged it. I do know many TM's that are always complaining about everything (trust me, it's everything) and just "doing their jobs" getting fair enough raises. I have heard others on my team talk about their %. I don't discuss that with others. I don't think it's a necessary conversation to have.

I do think my store really tries to give fair raises. I thought mine was very fair, I worked my ass off for it, and they acknowledged it. I do know many TM's that are always complaining about everything (trust me, it's everything) and just "doing their jobs" getting fair enough raises. I have heard others on my team talk about their %. I don't discuss that with others. I don't think it's a necessary conversation to have.

It's not necessary but it helps employees if you know how much each other is making. Not talking about it gives all the power to the employer.

I understand that, but when most people on a team get a certain % and a few get much higher, it seems to cause anger and jealousy with some of the TM's that I regularly work with instead of working harder and trying to be more flexible and global. I'm on a team, but I also can work other work centers or do other projects outside my regularly scheduled work hours. And I do that, they don't see it and well, let the complaining begin.......

I understand that, but when most people on a team get a certain % and a few get much higher, it seems to cause anger and jealousy with some of the TM's that I regularly work with instead of working harder and trying to be more flexible and global. I'm on a team, but I also can work other work centers or do other projects outside my regularly scheduled work hours. And I do that, they don't see it and well, let the complaining begin.......

Transparency on wages is a good thing, not a bad thing. Knowing what a company is willing to pay for what work, makes it easier for people to negotiate. Being worried about people feeling jealous is a childish way to think about wages, and a poor business move. Your coworker's reactions should be of no concern to you if your pay is justified. Of course this is just Target, and there isn't much wiggle room for negotiation, but they're good skills to learn. Especially if you intend to move up the ladder.

She said my feedback was SO helpful and that she was SO thankful and she'd work on better communication between the leadership. I think she expected me to accept that that was that and end the conversation. NOPE! In the end I said I was still going to call the hotline
That seems to be the way to go then. I wouldn't expect them to change your raise, but it will cause them some discomfort trying to justify it to others.

Your coworker's reactions should be of no concern to you if your pay is justified.
Except you still have to work with your coworkers and get along with them. I work with someone who is a very hard worker, yet has a terrible attitude on display at all times. Always bitching about other people not doing their jobs correctly and threw a fit when we raised the base pay so almost everyone on Flow/BR was making the same amount, regardless of tenure.

This TM has complained about their pay before, and I happen to know that I make more. Why would I announce how much I make if it's just going to piss off my coworkers?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back