Archived annual merit raise

Status
Not open for further replies.
It doesn't matter I got deo 5% raise and this week only 30 hours next week only 32 hours my normal is 38 to 40 hours.

Kinda fishy hours cut when raise goes into effect.

So all in all, it is about getting the most hours for the biggest paycheck. If they give you a decent raise, you will be the first to have your hours cut

Got my review yesterday. All DIOs, 34 cents, a couple months after moving to pfresh and getting .50 for that. I started 13 months ago.

I'm in a private forum at home. You'd never see my attitude on the floor at work. I've smiled while crying before and guests didn't notice.

This reminds me of when I worked 2 days with a scratched cornea (and I have terrible eyes without contacts, so I was also half blind :D). Went two days with one eye calm as a cucumber and the other crying incessantly, from Target's indoor lighting, holy HELL that hurt.

I realized then what I looked like on the inside, compared to how I act, when talking to a guest.

Deo and a 5% for me. Pushed me into the 12 dollar range, pretty nice since I live in an Low cost of living area.

I still have my 25 cent SB raise, despite me telling them I don't want to have anything to do with SB and they can keep the "raise."

Believe me, I studied off the clock.

I don't like how it's so non-stop with guests, and I KNOW I will be abused at some point being forced to work alone when it's really a two-person shift. I was in the customer service position last week and had to leave the barista alone because I was 10 minutes away from OT. There were at least 10 people in line and the barista got their ass kicked. On my way out I told the LOD that SB really needed a 2nd person over there and the response was "She can handle it."

FUCK THAT.

I mean, they shit bricks asking for front counter back-up but a dozen guests in line @ SB? No problemo...

NOT cool at all.

Last edited:
Believe me, I studied off the clock.

I don't like how it's so non-stop with guests, and I KNOW I will be abused at some point being forced to work alone when it's really a two-person shift. I was in the customer service position last week and had to leave the barista alone because I was 10 minutes away from OT. There were at least 10 people in line and the barista got their ass kicked. On my way out I told the LOD that SB really needed a 2nd person over there and the response was "She can handle it."

FUCK THAT.

I mean, they shit bricks asking for front counter back-up but a dozen guests in line @ SB? No problemo...

NOT cool at all.
And then the GSTL will send over "a feq quick guests" to that huge line.

I wonder if any SB have ever failed at a Target?

They give lots of chances. I think there is a protocol for completely reopening a Starbucks after it is shut down, so maybe it has happened.

I have a theory about that. I dont think that any of them are solely profitable.
What do you mean? In my district, there is a wide range of profitability, with a couple of stores losing money while others are making lots of money.

That's why I kicked it to the curb...

I'm not gonna let that happen to me...

They give lots of chances. I think there is a protocol for completely reopening a Starbucks after it is shut down, so maybe it has happened.

If you look on workbench there is a sales page that breaks down the successful stores and not so successful. Some lose so much money you wonder if they shouldn't even open their doors.

But some have great team leads that run their own little business. I think the most harmonious team at my store is the starbucks gals.

People have to remember the Starbucks are about guest convenience, you likely arent going to bring in 5 figures a day when the average transaction is around 5 or 6 bucks.

Yes, and it is fun to compare my profit to other stores. Losing money would not get a Starbucks closed. It would be shut down by Starbucks for egregious violations of standards.

So I found out I got a poor review because of a few shifts I missed in February with the flu, which I used my sick time for. One of my ETLs thinks that's bullshit and is trying to change the review, lol.

If you look on workbench there is a sales page that breaks down the successful stores and not so successful. Some lose so much money you wonder if they shouldn't even open their doors.

But some have great team leads that run their own little business. I think the most harmonious team at my store is the starbucks gals.

People have to remember the Starbucks are about guest convenience, you likely arent going to bring in 5 figures a day when the average transaction is around 5 or 6 bucks.

Thanks for that. I'm on it now. :)

Yes, and it is fun to compare my profit to other stores. Losing money would not get a Starbucks closed. It would be shut down by Starbucks for egregious violations of standards.

Thanks. I will defintely be doing this.

2 DEO's 7 DIO's and 1 ION for shortage culture, which I'm going to fight, since I do research pulls when I can and it's not like I'm a PA in charge of ordering so getting a low score doesn't even make sense.
I received a DIO as the final score with a 2.7% raise of 29 cents.
Last year I had a slightly higher raise and that was with a 1 time coaching over my attitude and I worked way harder this year.
So yeah I'm a little bit angry and I really miss the 5 point system.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back