Archived Condescending Quote Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
All I hear is "you are too young to work customer service" or "is there someone like a manager around because you won't be able to help me".. and whenever they need help it's like the simplest missed coupon or messed up return... I put them in their place :p

Not at Target but at CostCo. "You're only 19 when everybody else in your area is older than 25? What can you truly know about electronics?".
It's like bitch, I've tinkered with computers and laptops since I was in elementary school. I can tell you more about computers than anybody else in here. I'm sorry I was hired into this area straight away, must mean I don't know jack shit.

All I hear is "you are too young to work customer service" or "is there someone like a manager around because you won't be able to help me".. and whenever they need help it's like the simplest missed coupon or messed up return... I put them in their place :p
Actual interaction:

Guest: *walks up to me* can I speak to your manager
Me: of course, may I ask what in regards to?
Guest: I don’t have to tell you

All the guest wanted was to tell them was that their was a solicitor outside our door. Something I could have easily done. :rolleyes:

I could go on forever, but I’ll just give a few lol!

“Working in Pharmacy is easy. You only need to know how to count by five.”

“You must not be smart enough to get a degree and become a pharmacist.”

“I could do your job blindfolded.”

“You’re JUST. A. Tech. What do you know?”

Actual interaction:

Guest: *walks up to me* can I speak to your manager
Me: of course, may I ask what in regards to?
Guest: I don’t have to tell you

All the guest wanted was to tell them was that their was a solicitor outside our door. Something I could have easily done. :rolleyes:
We get these calls all the time....
Guest: I have a question for the pharmacist
Me: okay. May I ask what it’s in regards to?
Guest: I just need a pharmacist
Me: okay, please hold.
Pharmacist: this is the pharmacist. How can I help you?
Guest: what medications do I have ready? SMH!!!

Not at Target but at CostCo. "You're only 19 when everybody else in your area is older than 25? What can you truly know about electronics?".
It's like bitch, I've tinkered with computers and laptops since I was in elementary school. I can tell you more about computers than anybody else in here. I'm sorry I was hired into this area straight away, must mean I don't know jack shit.

Feels like that's gonna be me at Car Sales if I get the job... except everyone is at least 40 years old.

I'd say the most condescending thing I've ever been asked so far is been told I can't tell which hand is left or right. All that happened was I was working in Produce and a cashier needed a price check on Honey crisp, had an old sign up, so I gave the old price to the guy and on my way back to Produce, he also walked back with me and talked to me about how he knows cashiers are in the business to scam him of his money and I forget the rest but it ended up with "I mean, you guys SERIOUSLY don't know which hand is left or right, I don't get it!"

The most condescending thing I've been told (one too many times) is "Wow, do you get paid to stand around?" without a grain of a joke, but usually it's serious disbelief from the customer that says or asks me that. Once I shot back with "no I get paid to help people like you, your welcome for helping you ring up your apples." and the guy was all respectful about it and respected that answer, then shook my hand lol. So while it was condescending, was it really now?

When I'm on the floor, particularly back in Frozen Dairy stocking endcaps or something, someone will sneak up behind me, won't tap on my shoulder or say "Excuse me, sir?" but usually it's just "Fruit loops" or "Frozen Pie Crusts" and I'll usually turn around and say "Hi! Sorry what did you say?" and they'll repeat "Pie Crusts." and I'll kind of blank out and say "Pie crusts?" and they'll nod and I'll kind of be like "Oh, I assume you're asking where to find them?" and they just nod again.

Simply stating an item when I am not alert isn't very effective.

From a lurker:
At Starbucks:
Guest to barista cashier: I have an 8-drink order.
Guest to barista on bar: I'm gonna make you work.

Bring it on, bitch.

I know I get sent all the Auto questions, why? I have been turning wrenches since I could hold one. Yes the older lady with the sometimes gimpy walk knows what you are asking about and who carries it. :rolleyes:

“All I see is you walking around all day, or on a computer”

If you don’t see me for a few hours then something is wrong.

*light is on and sign is put away*

"Are you open?" Because you asked.. hell no

I'm on the shorter side..

"Oh I didn't see you there..."

When it’s empty...
“Oh you were just waiting for me hahahahaha”

"This must be my lucky day hahahahahah hAHAHhahaha!! !! ?"

Also when your light is off, lane is closed, helping some people still, someone walks in "Oh sorry I'm closed."

There's usually nothing said, but usually they pick their shit back off the belt and shove off condescendingly... if that's a thing.

Them: "Oh you looked bored, so I'm gonna give you something to do!"

---

Me: "Did you find everything alright today?"
Them: "I only came here to get [insert random, cheap stuff], haha!"
Me: [fake laugh, "kill-me-please" look]

A guest once followed me around the store scolding me for not doing more w my life. I didn't know her from Eve although I'm guessing Eve was less biotchy even after the unfortunate produce incident. Anyhow a Tm interrupted and I made my escape to live happily ever after not remembering if I landed any snarks. Some people are truly insignificant.

From guests to me:

-Seeing me zone along with another person, "It takes two of you to do that".

A guest sees me stocking, "wow, you must be pretty low on the totem pole"

little girl looks at me and asks her mom, "Mommy is that a manager", mother replies, "I don't think so honey".

Also a huge pet peeve of mine is when a guess asks me something, I tell them the price, location, whatever and they don't say, "thank you", but instead "ok".

From ETLs to me:

After backstocking frozen for two hours I came out of the freezer and my face was completely red. The ETL-HR sees me and her immediate reaction is to bust out laughing, and then she says, "ARE YOU OK??"

Those are just off the top of my head. There is a million more I'm sure.

Are there or can you give me any discounts you can give me?
Omg yes!! Women ask me all the time “what that I’m buying is on sale and what coupons do you have that I can use for it?” Bitch, how would I know???? That is YOUR job

Also, so many people will call me over in self checkout and literally, unironically, ask me “Can I use your employee discount?” You can catch these hands is what you can do

Also, so many people will call me over in self checkout and literally, unironically, ask me “Can I use your employee discount?” You can catch these hands is what you can do
I’ve had people ask “where can I get one of those?” when I scanned my discount card. “Ummm.....get a job here!”

Am I the only one that doesn’t like it when I ID men for alcohol or medicine or whatever and they go “really? Honey I’m old enough to be your father...” like boy it’s the law stop being weird

Yes.

I did it to this one couple and the guy asked.. if a 500 year old person bought beer if I would have to ID them.. I was like first of all if they're that old they deserve free beer.. And 2nd of all.. yes I still would have to.

Am I the only one that doesn’t like it when I ID men for alcohol or medicine or whatever and they go “really? Honey I’m old enough to be your father...” like boy it’s the law stop being weird

People take getting carded so anally. No sir, you cannot buy cold medicine with alcohol in it without letting me just scan your ID. Next person that decides to fuck with me like the one time a couple REFUSED to show me their ID for cold medicine, I seriously might blow up in their face. People need to get off of their high pedestal and bow to the law, for I, TTGOz, uphold everyone to the same standards in this land, and yes, I am seriously carding you. Unless you look like you're 90.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back