Archived Condescending Quote Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
"The grocery store doesn't ID me.." We're not the grocery store.. we are target. I'm now at said grocery and it's only if you look under 30.

Them: "Oh you looked bored, so I'm gonna give you something to do!"

Yeah, I'm so bored, I have to hang a giant pile of clothes, RFID a huge box of clothes, defect out several dozen candy bars plus everything that broke from the truck, ring in the paid & left that no one did the two days I was off, empty the hanger bin, stock all the bags that everyone thought no one would need (again, two days off), check in the pile of ship to store they just brought me - and your flippant ass says "you look bored"?!!?

My answer to that? "I'm never bored, there's ALWAYS work to do!" but by all means, be a smart ass.

My higher education is the internet.

What's funny, my new job says I can't physically go to school in my time there due to availability, but they said I can do online school. lmao which is exactly what I've been planning on doing

"I have a present for you," said by people about to give me a box of broken things. I get they're trying to make light of the shit I deal with but I'm afraid some Christmas I'm going to start opening presents with gloves on and a trashcan nearby because of this.

Also "I don't know what to do with this but I assume you do" and similar variations.

cashier:

"it's not scanning? must be free then!"
*comes in my lane with a cart full of items* "I came to target for only one item oops!!"
"can't you look up my redcard with my phone number?"
"you can just toss the receipt in the bag" ........pet peeve lol
"you need to see my ID? Im barely 16!!! *clearly old guy*
"I want this shirt, but you also have it on clearance but it's a different color. why is mines regular price????" that one literally kills me lol, clearance is based on SALES!!!!! like YES it's the same shirt Martha but the size/color is different which affected the sale of that shirt!!!
"the target in *insert state here that isn't your own* always has the cashiers put my bags in my cart!!" oh well, this is florida and you have two arms that can load your OWN bags in your cart :)
"just letting you know that the bathrooms here are disgusting"
*after I carefully bag everything* "oh thats okay I don't need a bag!!" then they just leave wrinkled bags everywhere lol
*when I have an empty lane* "you were waiting just for me!!" "need something to do? hahaha!" "break times over!!"
also, for some reason old guests get so offended if I yawn on the job, as if I don't have a right to be tired?? unlike you, I'm not here shopping at my leisure smh
"what discounts and cartwheel are available this week???"
"you don't offer veterans discounts?? no wonder this store is going to hell" (this old guy ended up buying alcohol and refused to give me his date of birth info and called me a dumbass after I told him we don't offer veterans discounts lolol)
"I've been shopping here for 10 years, but this is my last!!!" ok bye sweetie
I hate when guests don't put the dividers up to separate their things from the others and then they get mad at ME for scanning another persons things lol like chill KAREN I can void it out in 2 seconds

self checkout:

"you look lonely here!"
"must be nice getting paid to stand around"
"are you having fun?? hahahahahaha" I hear this from guests and from TM's
"this is why I hate the self checkout, there's always a problem with it!!"
I hate when guests come in and they come to me straight away and just say one word, for example "LAWN CHAIRS??" like bitch just go look around for yourself first??

softlines:
"must be nice to just fold clothes all day!!"

Softlines:

Me: *Folding blown apart table that looks like a tornado hit*

Guest: At least it's job security.

Me: No ma'am, I have several jobs that I do in this store. This is only one of them. (Trying my damndest not to be snarky)

----

Parent/Guest tries shoes on kid and leaves five or six boxes or more all over the floor in a huge mess.

Kid: Daddy (or mommy) you left the boxes all over the floor, shouldn't we pick them up? (Or tries to pick them up)

Parent/Guest: Leave them there. They pay someone to pick it up.

-----

The above two scenarios have been repeated over the course of my years working at Target. I'm surprised I haven't killed someone by now. ><

you don't offer veterans discounts?? no wonder this store is going to hell" (this old guy ended up buying alcohol and refused to give me his date of birth info and called me a dumbass after I told him we don't offer veterans discounts lolol)

We are this week through the 11th

Today it was "what's on cartwheel?" "is this on cartwheel?" or "the cashier didn't give me my gift card!" Right, because you need give them the coupon, buttwad.

I probably told a dozen people today, "I have no idea if that's on cartwheel" and they looked at me like I'm speaking Klingon. "Sorry, but we have hundreds of sales, cartwheel items, markdowns, and Target doesn't expect us to memorize them all each week".

Eat that bitches!

Today it was "what's on cartwheel?" "is this on cartwheel?" or "the cashier didn't give me my gift card!" Right, because you need give them the coupon, buttwad.

I probably told a dozen people today, "I have no idea if that's on cartwheel" and they looked at me like I'm speaking Klingon. "Sorry, but we have hundreds of sales, cartwheel items, markdowns, and Target doesn't expect us to memorize them all each week".

Eat that bitches!
There's literally 797 offers in there right now.

"just letting you know that the bathrooms here are disgusting"

That's cool, ma'am... I took a big dump earlier!

*at self checkout* random guest: “you need to open more lines” me: “okay.” *doesnt move or do anything until they walk away lmao* like wtf?? Yes let me personally leave self checkout and open up a register just for you darling. :rolleyes: If you don’t want lines order stuff online. You came in the middle of the day on the weekend during the holidays, what did you expect?????

Or when I ask if they want a bag and they go “do you really think I can’t afford 10 cents?” Like damn bitch just asking jesus christ. When people say shit like that I stay silent the entire transaction. Not gonna bother with your attitude

Or when I ask if they want a bag and they go “do you really think I can’t afford 10 cents?” Like damn bitch just asking jesus christ. When people say shit like that I stay silent the entire transaction. Not gonna bother with your attitude

My line is "Did you want to purchase a bag or did you bring your own?"

It's not that they can't afford a bag I hate the ones who hand me a reusable bag after I have already put everything in a paper bag.

*looks at me carrying my till*

If you just wanna place that in my cart that would be awesome..

Hell no that's mine..

(For those who don't know I'm post target and working in a grocery store and we found our tills and keep them as we move around.. and I still hear a lot of these quotes)

My line is "Did you want to purchase a bag or did you bring your own?"

It's not that they can't afford a bag I hate the ones who hand me a reusable bag after I have already put everything in a paper bag.
Or I’ll ask if they want a bag and they say “no I have my own” and instead of handing me them they continue to unload the cart. I just assume that meant they’ll bag themselves, which most of the time they do. But sometimes they’ll watch me ring everything up and then when they go to pay they’ll hand me the bags. Like... this is not how this works lol. I’ll take my time then.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back