Archived Condescending Quote Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pissed off old guy comes through my lane:
"I want my tea bottles bagged so that they're not clanging against each other. Do you know how to do that?"

No sir, I'm just an imbecile that doesn't know how to lay a bottle inside of a bag.
:rolleyes::rolleyes::mad:

Pissed off old guy comes through my lane:
"I want my tea bottles bagged so that they're not clanging against each other. Do you know how to do that?"

No sir, I'm just an imbecile that doesn't know how to lay a bottle inside of a bag.
:rolleyes::rolleyes::mad:

Haha, put each tea bottle in a separate small bag. Fuckers.

As an HR tm:

“ It must be so nice to sit all day!”:rolleyes:

“Hey are you playing minesweeper on that computer?”o_O

(from a GSA): “Can you butter this everything bagel for me? I have to go back to work and you’re not doing anything.”
It took literally every drop of self control I had to not jump over the TSC desk and gouge her eyes out. I was LIVID. :mad::mad:

EVERYONE ASSUMES THAT YOU’RE THEIR PERSONAL SECRETARY.

The audacity of people awes me tbh.

You see, my guest is veryy special and spends THOUSANDS of dollars here (just ask her )....
and she insisted that we have her item. So where should I go pretend to look for it?

With your pretend smile, and pretend voice, let your verrrrry special Guest know you'll be right back as you make your way into the pretend backroom, into the pretend aisle with all the other pretend on-line items. Oh Damn ! It's not there???? How can that be??? (fast forward a bit....) Now you're back on the floor with your verrrrry special Guest.... and let her know you pretend scanned the pretend aisle for HER pretend on-line item; and then let her know that Pretend Bob, who works in "another" pretend department juuuuuuust sold the LAST one a few pretend minutes ago ! Wow, verrrrry special Guest, I am so pretend sorry. ;)

me: "If you're all ready I can help you out over at self-checkout!"
condescending guest: "Nope. I don't use self-checkouts."
me: "I'd be more than happy to help you out with it! :)"
CG: "No, I will not use self-checkout because I value you having a job."

thanks, lady, but you're holding up the line and my job is secure as long as a majority of guests remain dumber than a box of rocks or until people stop trying to steal
also no, we didn't fire any cashiers to be able to put in SCO

With your pretend smile, and pretend voice, let your verrrrry special Guest know you'll be right back as you make your way into the pretend backroom, into the pretend aisle with all the other pretend on-line items. Oh Damn ! It's not there???? How can that be??? (fast forward a bit....) Now you're back on the floor with your verrrrry special Guest.... and let her know you pretend scanned the pretend aisle for HER pretend on-line item; and then let her know that Pretend Bob, who works in "another" pretend department juuuuuuust sold the LAST one a few pretend minutes ago ! Wow, verrrrry special Guest, I am so pretend sorry. ;)
All pretense aside, this is epic.

me: "If you're all ready I can help you out over at self-checkout!"
condescending guest: "Nope. I don't use self-checkouts."
me: "I'd be more than happy to help you out with it! :)"
CG: "No, I will not use self-checkout because I value you having a job."

thanks, lady, but you're holding up the line and my job is secure as long as a majority of guests remain dumber than a box of rocks or until people stop trying to steal
also no, we didn't fire any cashiers to be able to put in SCO
I would have literally said (especially if i was watching SCO) “my job is to watch SCO— so it’s actually better for me if you come over here!”

I mean I wouldn’t say condescending but I got an old lady that said “can I speak to an older manager” when I said we couldn’t fix the problem..
she was paying for a couple grocery items with a check the total was like 12 dollars and the check didn’t even go though, it just straight up said couldn’t accept every time you put it in. So the cashier called me over and see if I can do anything, I tried again, tried seeing if the numbers were misread by the system, everything was fine. So I said I couldn’t help is there any other way you could purchase it or use a different check. She had a card but used the excuse of “oh I don’t want to get the bill for something I’ve already eaten”

So she asks if I’m the manager and I say yea and she sees trainer on my badge, so she asks “Oh you are a trainer manager, you are new” and I let her know that’s not what it means and say sorry it’s the system denying it not us and we can’t do anything other than call the number, and she said get an older manager, so by this time I just called the other gsa at the time that was slightly older and over at guest services to come over and I just walked away.

Never got the check to work and she put it on her credit, just really pisses me off how people treat us when we aren’t the problem
*endrant*

I mean I wouldn’t say condescending but I got an old lady that said “can I speak to an older manager” when I said we couldn’t fix the problem..
she was paying for a couple grocery items with a check the total was like 12 dollars and the check didn’t even go though, it just straight up said couldn’t accept every time you put it in. So the cashier called me over and see if I can do anything, I tried again, tried seeing if the numbers were misread by the system, everything was fine. So I said I couldn’t help is there any other way you could purchase it or use a different check. She had a card but used the excuse of “oh I don’t want to get the bill for something I’ve already eaten”

So she asks if I’m the manager and I say yea and she sees trainer on my badge, so she asks “Oh you are a trainer manager, you are new” and I let her know that’s not what it means and say sorry it’s the system denying it not us and we can’t do anything other than call the number, and she said get an older manager, so by this time I just called the other gsa at the time that was slightly older and over at guest services to come over and I just walked away.

Never got the check to work and she put it on her credit, just really pisses me off how people treat us when we aren’t the problem
*endrant*

That's okay, wait until you get older and a young scut asks for someone younger, "who actually knows how technology works" when they aren't happy with the results.

Last edited:
Right now I'm at the stage where the younger baristas fetch me to deal with problem guests whenever our SBTL isn't on hand.
I'd like to think it's because I don't put up with crap but more likely it's because they mistake me for an authority figure, lol.
If they only knew....

this makes me so mad every time it happens.

me: denies a same day different store return because we don't do it at my store because POS doesn't properly support them

guest: "Oh could you find someone who knows how to do it?"

@Hazza43 if i had gotten your guest i would have said "oh this badge actually means i've been here so long, I train the new managers."

this makes me so mad every time it happens.

me: denies a same day different store return because we don't do it at my store because POS doesn't properly support them

guest: "Oh could you find someone who knows how to do it?"

@Hazza43 if i had gotten your guest i would have said "oh this badge actually means i've been here so long, I train the new managers."

she was going on after the second gsa told her the exact same thing i said and tried and started ranting about that she never will be back here.. im like thank god i didnt want to deal with you again anyway.. shes probs been back already..

she was going on after the second gsa told her the exact same thing i said and tried and started ranting about that she never will be back here.. im like thank god i didnt want to deal with you again anyway.. shes probs been back already..
Yeah I hate the “I’m never shopping here again” people. It’s like are they expecting us to be like “NO NO DONT LEAVE WELL DO ANYTHING, IF YOU LEAVE WELL GO BANKRUPT”

guest: "Oh could you find someone who knows how to do"

Always love those guests.... It’s not that I don’t know how to, but that I can’t sell you $5k in Amex gift cards, look up your redcard pin, process your Wal-Mart shirt as a return, etc...
(Though yeah I actually probably don’t want to anyway because of your attitude)...

I love those guests because I secretly laugh when they stomp off. Like they think that they're hurting our feelings or that we're supposed to care when they do this.

Yep, bye, see you tomorrow. :rolleyes::rolleyes:

"Don't let the door hit you on the ass on the way out!"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back