Archived Condescending Quote Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
"Oh, you're just security, you won't know where anything is..."
"I don't need security, I need someone who actually works here."
If I had a penny for every time I've heard that in the last two weeks immediately after I ask them if I can help them find something, I could retire tomorrow and have enough money left over to bribe Trump into resigning early and disappear from the media spotlight.
On the opposite side of the spectrum:
"*dramatic sighing* EXCUSE ME! Aren't you going to ring me up here?" As I'm digging through a cabinet at the electronics desk, the Security logo clearly visible to the person demanding attention.

No, I cannot give you a Target Red Card. I understand you have applied for it twice. I don't know why you didn't receive a letter as to why you were not automatically approved. I can give you a number to call as to why. No, it is not my responsibility to call them. Your choice if you don't shop with us anymore.
I would’ve tried again for them :p

Debit is automatically approved (unless something went wrong with the application)

Mine was a rice cooker a few weeks ago. Lady brought the display up to SD and I said, uh, this is a display model, we can't sell this. She asked if she could get a discount since it was display. I said it wouldn't work without a cord and she asked me to go get her the cord.
Um, lady, THE CORD IS CUT OFF FFS
She asked me if I could reattach it.

Why are people so damn stupid???

Yes, Yes they are.

Debit is automatically approved (unless something went wrong with the application)

Is it? I know some people who had to submit additional information before they were actually approved for the Debit REDcard.

You would think so. I have had team members denied for debit. (One had a new account)

Ugh, when I'm walking over to lanes to grab the next guest in line and little miss entitled jumps in front of them and stands at the service desk with her cart load of onespot shit.
I say, I'll be with you in a minute and she starts bitching about the "long lines" and how she's in a hurry because she has to pick up her little darling from flute practice and she's running late.. I'm like, "I'LL BE WITH YOU IN A MINUTE we usually take whoever has been waiting longer. Also, why did you come shopping if you have to pick up your kid???"

Bitch, when you pay, I'ma hit K8 three times so that you're standing here trying to pay for 20 minutes. I'll make you think your credit card is broken.

No need to increase the hate.

Doing that only gives her the ammo to bitch even more.

Who needs that???

"i'm sorry but for your security only the redcard hotline can answer that question, and for your security, i cannot talk to them on your behalf."

stress your security and usually they're okay with it
Did that. Offered her the number to call and she told me that it should be my job to do that. Ummmmm, NO!

Back when a certain song from Frozen would always come on on the Christmas music display, or toy, or TV monitor, or somebody's ringtone, if a guest saw us grimace, they'd sometimes say something like "How can you NOT like that song?"

*Guest has no receipt and paid with cash*
"This is ridiculous, I don't understand why I just can't get cash back! Why does it have to be a Gift Card? Can't you override it?!"

I had a female guest who was buying a sweater in the men's department. She said, "I just have trouble finding a size in the women's department." then proceeded to look me up and down and say, "I'm sure you have that problem too, huh? With all that extra weight on your stomach and thighs. It's a shame that you don't take care of yourself better."

Worst day at work. Ever.

I had a female guest who was buying a sweater in the men's department. She said, "I just have trouble finding a size in the women's department." then proceeded to look me up and down and say, "I'm sure you have that problem too, huh? With all that extra weight on your stomach and thighs. It's a shame that you don't take care of yourself better."

Worst day at work. Ever.

I feel you, spaceprincess. People suck. They criticize you no matter what size you are. You could be thin or curvy and they would hate on you.

I look skinny but am over 100 lbs. I get a lot of a-holes telling me that I "must weigh 90 pounds" and "need to eat more."

F**k those people. It's none of their business how much we weigh. What is important is that we are healthy.

Worst day at work. Ever.

Shoulda said:

"Yeah, you too lady. You must feel exhausted and embarrassed every day, bless your heart."

Then you walk away because fuck that bitch.
And if you can't mouth off just walk away without a word and tell your LOD that you refuse to take abuse from guests customers.

Now, here's a lesson for everyone: Size does not matter. KINDNESS MATTERS. People who tear others down for their looks are sick and pathetic. They're ugly on the inside where it counts. LOVE YOURSELF and fuck what other people think because you're worthy of respect and basic kindness. If they can be an asshole in public, feel sorry for their family because they must be even bigger assholes in private. Be happy you're not them or their "loved" ones.

/me puts soapbox away

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back