Archived Cutting hours

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blc

They’ve cut what was already bare bones front end hours basically to nothing so add hours in softlines.. so they are haveing a nice time back there with all kinds of help meanwhile I’m running around like a chicken with my head cut off trying to do the job of 6 people. How is this smart...??

when you walk in the door to start the first shift of your 12 hour week and see a "NOW HIRING" sign

mjIiLMD.jpg

lol yep my store’s front end hours are trash this week. i think they went up a little next week, but goooood lord. we never had more than two cashiers on at the same time today and most of the day was one. plus just an opener and closer for sco and the service desk. this is after we just hired a solid number of new cashiers too...

lol yep my store’s front end hours are trash this week. i think they went up a little next week, but goooood lord. we never had more than two cashiers on at the same time today and most of the day was one. plus just an opener and closer for sco and the service desk. this is after we just hired a solid number of new cashiers too...
We only ever have one opener and closer in SCO and at GS.

I hope y’all’s Leadership is calling for backup and if needed to be (because we all know how people magically become deaf when they hear backup at the check lanes) calling soft line team members by name for help whenever y’all are super crowded with guests!! Ain’t nothing I hate more is seeing @Frontlanegirl @idkwhattodo or any of our other front end folks having a hundred guests and soft lines UPDATING their Facebook status!! :mad:

We had one cashier and one SCO. Gs left at 7 and no one to do drive up. But that’s just how it is. It’s just really frustrating when the expectation is set so high it’s almost unreachable.

So far, our hours are up. But, we are are also beating sales by almost 6000 per day. Even with a remodel going on, we are doing pretty well. Guest Ambassadors, of course, are paid by Target Corp. for the duration of the remodel. Summer is always an iffy time for retail.

We are a college store. Technically we are hiring but unless there is a mass exodus most positions won't be oriented until the 28th.

My store is trimming all other departments to boost softlines too. I don't really understand it as a business move... Sales in A&A don't justify softlines getting 2 to 3 times the payroll of other departments...
Softline is all about margin. It's where the profit is for Target.

Softline is all about margin. It's where the profit is for Target.

Well comping down %36 when they started this "Don't do reshop" is working so well!!!! Funny how that works when everything is in random carts vs on the floor to be sold..

I feel like they cut hours after a holiday or after major holidays...just hang in there I’m gonna guarantee there will be tons of hours going back up when back to school starts...it will be a crazy month and then Halloween and the big holidays come!

Back to school.. Have you ever done a back to school season? If not buckle up buttercup its going to be a bumpy ride..

Know where your pink pearl erasers are and your graph paper notebooks.. Your store may vary but those are the two questions I could go the rest of my life without ever hearing again.

Damn kindermats.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back