Archived Grocery transition

Status
Not open for further replies.
We sometimes backstock partial cases if open stock is pretty full. It makes no difference to backroom accuracy although it probably fucks up the SFQ a bit.

We do that for P-Fresh sometimes, but only for items that you wouldn't want to put in wacos (i.e. 27 apples or 6 white onions).

Ok it's in full swing last week aisles 39 and 40 swapped. Now the gum is in aisle 40 on the outside facing seasonal and the big candy bags are on aisle 39.

Monday night into Tuesday 12 th they ripped down the entire back wall of water. Also moving peanut butter and jelly around.

We do that for P-Fresh sometimes, but only for items that you wouldn't want to put in wacos (i.e. 27 apples or 6 white onions).
As long as the count is on the side, it doesn't matter if it is a full casepack or a partial in a casepack location. The system will go by whatever number it was told. The only difference is it will pull all of it instead of part on the next trip.

Just saw the water pallets in place on the sales floor. I wonder how long it will be for a guest or a child falling off them while climbing them to get to the drinking and distilled water on the wide shelves above them.

I think I am dead now. We are setting water, sport drinks, juice, kids beverage, and energy drinks today. Literally moving all over the place
We did that wasn't terrible outside of cleaning all the juice stickiness all over the shelves, that and scrubbing away the scuff marks from the water. Though 32" shelves are a pain to do yourself sometimes when they are so low to the ground.

We're doing two aisles a night. Things aren't going super perfectly (vendors not showing up when they said they would), but going okay otherwise.

Luckily most of our vendors showed up even better when they said they would too! Except one... but that's their problem now...didn't show up we set it anyways dealt with their product the best we could.

Anyone did coffee aisle aleady? Can you take a pic? My leadership thinks there should be a sgn bec on the paper it said yes it should have. Be we can't figure out what that sign supposed to be.

Mine just switch places. We started on the back wall for juices, water, sparkling waters yesterday. Today, the 2 candy aisles switched aisles, the wine area got the whole aisle to themselves, coffee just got redo.

Anyone did coffee aisle aleady? Can you take a pic? My leadership thinks there should be a sgn bec on the paper it said yes it should have. Be we can't figure out what that sign supposed to be.
Haven't set the pog yet but I remember seeing a super graphic box in our signing storage. I believe the 4ft lead loses a couple shelves and gets the graphic with some baskets.

Oh... I saw a basket but that section was not fully finished I guess. It was a measly basket. It looks like an empty space right now. Thank you!

My store started doing HBA this week, it looks amazing.

They did the snack bar aisle ugh

Well that water aisle was stupid. Demerch all water to transfer to the front of the aisle and move sports drink to the end of the aisle. The seltzer water stuff stayed put basically. o_O

Similarly, the map shows pasta and pasta sauce swap for whatever reason. :mad:

Last edited:
It so everything is ready for inventory on the 20 th at my store. Sure hope all the transitions are done by then.

I always assume they swap locations so that "in theory" all the shelves get cleaned, broken/missing fixtures are replaced, and the product gets zoned and rotated.
Idk about that. There is a legitimate reason to how product is placed based on the flow of traffic. Typically, why milk and eggs are in the back of stores. They use heat sensors and sales reports to how people navigate a store.

If it was to simply clean shelves, then to hell to them. :mad:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back