Archived hours cut

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi - they cut my hours- said it was not due to job performance- but what does this REALLY mean??? Should I be concerened? Never called in sick and almost always come in when asked
Thanks a lot

Hours get gutted across the board this time of year. It will be like that for a couple of months. The only thing you can do is watch the shift swap board and nab hours there.

Its the Annual Gutting of Hours after Christmas. Its that awkward time of year when guest traffic is down and retailers do not make that much in sales. Retailers really don't see any dramatic trend until Easter.

This is the worst time of year to have heavy headcount. Team members hours drop and coverage is very lax.

Don't take it personally. Scheduling has to be fair and consistent (or so they say). This is the time when workcenters go to war over hours. Train in several workcenters so you can get the most out of the payroll.

Hi - they cut my hours- said it was not due to job performance- but what does this REALLY mean??? Should I be concerened? Never called in sick and almost always come in when asked
Thanks a lot
No need for concern. This is usual for this time of the year. Try not to take it personal ( although I know it can be hard)

I only work two four hour shifts this week... -__-

It's just that time of the year when some seasonals are kept and they have to be able to get everybody working per week.

There has been a huge huge huge hype with making payroll for this month as a company. Everyone up to the dtls and group directors are being held responsible for ensuring their markets are not overspending to ensure the company ends the year green. Its definitely expected at this time of year but I've never seen so much pressure from higher ups on it.

My hours got cut but I usually always stay past what it says on my schedule. Last night stayed 2 hours past. Have to make sure everything is done. There was a group of us that stayed per our ETL.

Like others said, its just that time of year. Some people get hit harder than others; a coworker told me he's going from ~40 to ~16 hours. So far I've only lost 5 or so hours a week but with the way our store has been missing sales goals I'm not sure how much longer my luck can hold out.

I'm at 27 hours this week, big drop from ~40, but still tolerable at least.

Down to 28 next week. Our Plano workload seems to be lightening up. Will be keeping an eye on swap shift board. Also, Flow is not without its daily call outs. I can call in ask if they would like a fill in.

It sounds like they're trying to tell you something...

Call everyday and put your name on the callback list! After awhile the operator will remember your name and call you first. Being on-call sucks but that's the way to do it if you need the hours.

14 hours on the new schedule, oh boy. And I thought 22 was bad.

Stay as long as you can until LOD calls you out over the walkie
No don't do that. You are going to end up getting coached on attendence for working past schedule. Always ask , and more often than not they'll let you stay. Most etls hate tms overstaying their welcome, because it makes them go over budget on hours, thus further cuts are made.

MyTime is definitely ****ing up our hours.

The BRTMs who's been here for more than 3+ years get 28hrs because MyTime schedule them 4am-930am while the rookies who just started 2 months ago get 38+ hrs because they're scheduled at 6/8/10am and they get 7-8hrs.

Totally fucked up

Last edited:
No don't do that. You are going to end up getting coached on attendence for working past schedule. Always ask , and more often than not they'll let you stay. Most etls hate tms overstaying their welcome, because it makes them go over budget on hours, thus further cuts are made.

Lol then the ETL or TL should get coached for making sure their TMs are leaving on time.

The BRTMs who's been here for more than 3+ years get 28hrs because MyTime schedule them 4am-930am while the rookies who just started 2 months ago get 38+ hrs because they're scheduled at 6/8/10am and they get 7-8hrs.

Totally fucked up

I would agree with you but the 4am guys at my store (and they'll make sure to tell you this if you ask otherwise) are 'only responsible for autofills and backstock'.
I would be good with sharing some hours if they helped with the 11's or 12's but that's not likely to happen any time soon.

Totally fucked up
I have noticed this at my store as well...although all the blame doesn't belong to Mytime....the etls have more do with the schedule than they let on.

I would agree with you but the 4am guys at my store (and they'll make sure to tell you this if you ask otherwise) are 'only responsible for autofills and backstock'.
I would be good with sharing some hours if they helped with the 11's or 12's but that's not likely to happen any time soon.
I will start off by saying that my store is a 730 am process. The brtms who go in at 730 are expected to pull the autofills, price changes, do the suspect and reg audits, push the autofills they pull and pull the research, help with 4x4 and backstock and add in there twice a week( I am the only one who will do it) backstock the cooler/freezer. We are expected to get all this done whether or not they cut hours. If we don't get it done....we have a huddle and we get yelled at...and IF we even think of saying...well you cut hours , how were we suppose to get all done? then we are pulled in an office for not being team players etc. The backroom team members who come in later....they are getting the most hours...and they only worry about pulling the afternoon cafs and when time permits a little backstock... they are suppose to pull the price changes for the next day but if the batch is over four locations they wont do it ( yes, they literally go into the every batch to see how many locations it is ...so we have noticed anything with four locations or more they don't pull)..however, somehow amazingly time never permits them to backstock. As you can tell, I am not bitter about it at all :)

Hours always get cut this time of year. Try to pick up whatever you can on the board.
I remember last year after they told us that people under 32 avg hours weren't getting health ins. I got very nervous when they were giving me so few hours. I thought it was a plot so I wouldn't be able to get ins.
I didn't say anything and Within 2 weeks my hours were back up. I don't remember if it was because they were calling me in because others called out or if they had added hours to my schedule.

I don't understand my-time. It seems to drop random people anywhere. I wish there was more review with it before the schedule is posted, but there isn't. Oh well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back